Entei

Pokemon No. 244 Entei
Fire
Pressure - The Pokémon raises the foe's PP usage.
Flash Fire - Powers up Fire-type moves if hit by a Fire move.
115 HP, 115 ATK, 85 DEF, 100 SPD, 90 SPATK, 75 SPDEF

Code:
[B]Level Up Moves[/B]

Lv1: Bite, 
Lv1: Leer, 
Lv8: Ember, 
Lv15: Roar, 
Lv22: Fire Spin, 
Lv29: Stomp, 
Lv36: Flamethrower, 
Lv43: Swagger, 
Lv50: Fire Fang, 
Lv57: Lava Plume, 
Lv64: Extrasensory, 
Lv71: Fire Blast, 
Lv78: Calm Mind, 
Lv85: Eruption

[B]Gen 5 TMs[/B]
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic 
TM10 - Hidden Power 
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM15 - Hyper Beam 
TM17 - Protect 
TM18 - Rain Dance 
TM21 - Frustration 
TM22 - Solar Beam 
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM30 - Shadow Ball 
TM32 - Double Team 
TM33 - Reflect
TM35 - Flamethrower 
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM38 - Fire Blast  
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Nitro Charge 
TM44 - Rest
TM48 - Troll 
TM50 - Overheat 
TM59 - Complete Burn 
TM60 - Postpone
TM61 - Will-O-Wisp 
TM68 - Giga Impact 
TM70 - Flash
TM71 - Stone Edge 
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Smooth Over 
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute 
TM94 - Rock Smash 
TM95 - Bark Out
HM01 - Cut
HM04 - Strength

[B]Gen 4 TMs[/B]
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM43 - Secret Power
TM58 - Endure
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

[B]Gen 4 Move Tutor[/B]
Snore
Swift
Heat Wave
Iron head
Mud-Slap
Headbutt

[B]Gen 4 Event Moves[/B]
Flare Blitz
Howl
Extremespeed
Crush Claw
Notable TM Descriptions
Nitro Charge - Physical - Fire - 50 Power - 100 Accuracy - 20 PP - May raise the users speed one stage.

Smooth Over(Also called Ground Leveling so far) - Physical - Ground - 60 Power - 100 Accuracy - 20 PP - May Lower the opponent's speed one stage.

Entei got a few new toys this generation, especially in the ability department with the addition of his Dream World ability Flash Fire. Flash Fire could help bolster his Calm Mind set not just by giving him the boost to his fire attacks, but as an immunity that could cause switching allowing him to get free turns of set up. Unfortunately for Entei though this physical based fire type still has his most powerful moves restricted to the Crown event removing the chance to get Flare Blitz boosted by Flash Fire.

Possible Sets

Choice Bander
Entei@Choice Band
Pressure
Adamant Nature
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Flare Blitz
Extremespeed
Stone Edge
Iron Head/Smooth Over

My Personal set of choice. Entei is one of the rare fire types with the perfect base stat spread to take advantage of Flare Blitz. Good 100 base speed, 115 base attack, and a fairly high 115 base HP which allows him to take that recoil damage better than most. Extremespeed is a nice over all move giving him priority, even priority over most other priority moves in gen 5, and good neutral coverage. Stone Edge is for hitting opposing fire types as well as Gyarados and the flying dragons for SE damage. The last move slot is more for coverage, mainly against rock types. Iron Head is a stronger move, but of the less useful steel type. I've been waiting for him to get a ground move, unfortunately what he got was Smooth Over. Potentially useful as it's BP is only 20 lower than Iron Head and of the much more useful Ground type. The Speed reduction could prove to be a nice support aspect.

Calm Mind
Entei@Leftovers
Flash Fire
Timid Nature
148 Sp Atk, 176 Speed, 184 HP
Calm Mind
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
HP Ground
Substitute/Solar beam

This set gets a nice boost from his new ability Flash Fire, requiring him less turns of set up to pack a punch with his STAB fire attacks. This set also could gain a lot of use on a Sunny Day team which should prove to be much more popular with Ninetales receiving Drought. This would allow you to run Solar Beam as a very important third coverage move.

Stat Upper
Entei@Life Orb
Pressure
Adamant Nature
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Howl
Nitro Charge
Flare Blitz
Stone Edge

Set that leaves something to be desired but still potentially useful especially if Entei remains in low tiers. Nitro Charge and Howl allow you to raise both your Attack and Speed stats. Flare Blitz for hitting hard once boosted and Stone Edge for coverage.

hmm Entei didn't get all that much to play with this gen. Sadly Crown Entei can only have pressure, Nitro charge helps though. Entei still remains outclassed by Arcanine especially now that Arcanine got close combat (I think). Once again Entei gets shafted similar to Flareon.

hmm Entei didn't get all that much to play with this gen. Sadly Crown Entei can only have pressure, Nitro charge helps though. Entei still remains outclassed by Arcanine especially now that Arcanine got close combat (I think). Once again Entei gets shafted similar to Flareon.
I'm not sure. I don't have much faith that CC is going to really boost up Arcanine. Entei is much bulkier, is faster and hits harder. The limited movepool is really all that held Entei back and it was rectified some with the gen 4 event.

I wouldn't say Entei is entirely outclassed. He has the best stats for using Flare Blitz, and he also has good mixed attacking options. Arcanine I believe is better for bulky roles (Morning Sun + Intimidate stuff) than Entei while Entei I believe is a more versatile attacker in general.

I'd be surprised if both Entei and Arcanine stay in UU this gen. I think Entei right now with his Crown moves is BL in Gen 4, personally.

I'm pretty sure Entei won't be able to use Flare Blitz and Extremespeed in conjunction with Flash Fire since they're event only moves.

I think Entei's stats give him enough to distinguish himself from Arcanine.

Anyone have a animated B/W sprite of him?

Btw you didnt post his speed stat.

I still like this as a subCMer to waste Seismic toss PP on blissey. Then sweep with something more serious, Like Raikou or something. xD

I'm pretty sure Entei won't be able to use Flare Blitz and Extremespeed in conjunction with Flash Fire since they're event only moves.
your right it wont so for use of extreme speed and howl you will need to use adamant pressure shiny entei soz no flash fire ppl

There is a POSSIBLE set for Entei, but I think he can be easilly outpassed by almost every Fire Pokemon...

Phisical Orber

Entei@Lige Orb
Pressure(Kinda useless, but let's go!)
Naive or Adamant Nature
EV:252 SPD, 252 ATK,4 HP
Moves:

Nitro Charge
Stone Edge
Iron Head/Smooth Over
Troll/Protect

This set is focused on his main new weapon: Nitro Charge. Why this atack, evemn knowing that Flamethrower, Fire Blast and Lava Plume are better? Most because this is a ATK set, but is also because of the nice speed boost. Stone Edge is taking care of the Flying Dragons and Gyarados.Smooth Over is prefeable besides Iron Head because of his more dynamic covering, but, if you prefer more power, stay with Iron Head.The last attack is necessity: While Troll is a good attack, that only can't hurt Ghosts, Stell(use Fire Attacks) and Rock(Use Smooth Over), Protect is the only way to Entei actually scout some or avoid dumb changes without taking damage. And Finally, if Entei gets a good Ground Attack or even Bounce(OK, weird attack, but, if Rapidash can, why not?), he would be a GREAT addiction to UU or BL(togheter with his brother Raikou)

breh

強いだね
Get rid of any mention of Flash Fire. It's burning my eyes. One crappy abiity for incompatibility with the entire 3rd and 4th gen TMs and Tutors?

CM rest entei is a pokemon very dear to me... Although I realize that it hasn't changed, Entei... really hasn't either. Arcanine outclasses it heavily now and what did entei get? Yup, it got Nitro Charge. Yeah it can totally break through bulky waters with Wild Bolt just like arcanine... oh wait

Entei got nothing worth noting IMO

I fucking love entei. I remember catching him in Gold when i was 8. I was like "Holy shit! He's a god damn Lion." It was a big deal to catch one of the runners in elementry school, and I remember the whole class was impressed.

I feel like Gamefreak is trolling entei, which is bullshit because Raikou and Suicune look set to be godly this gen. I'm watching the research thread with much interest, because if abilities CAN be changed, I will be all over Flash fire Crown Entei faster than everyone will be converting their Gliscors to Poison heal.

Get rid of any mention of Flash Fire. It's burning my eyes. One crappy abiity for incompatibility with the entire 3rd and 4th gen TMs and Tutors?

CM rest entei is a pokemon very dear to me... Although I realize that it hasn't changed, Entei... really hasn't either. Arcanine outclasses it heavily now and what did entei get? Yup, it got Nitro Charge. Yeah it can totally break through bulky waters with Wild Bolt just like arcanine... oh wait

Entei got nothing worth noting IMO
Arcanine doesn't outclass it. It has a better moveset, sure. Entei outspeeds Arcanine, hits much harder and his bulkier. It definitely is not outclassed anymore since it got FB and ES.

I think:

Entei: @ Leftovers
Pressure
252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Spe
Adamant

Sub
W-o-w
Nitro Charge
Flare Blitz

W-o-w foes, Substitute to Stall with Pressure / on the switch, Nitro Charge for Speed behind Substitute, Flare Blitz first as with the Speed Boost, you will hit hard and fast.

Yes 3 Fire Moves, but each has a different purpose.

The Stat Upper set will be deadly. Finally, it gets a good STAB move in Flare Blitz, and with Nitro Charge boosting its speed, it really is going to sweep.

Entei is going to be way better this generation.

The Stat Upper set will be deadly. Finally, it gets a good STAB move in Flare Blitz, and with Nitro Charge boosting its speed, it really is going to sweep.

Entei is going to be way better this generation.
I'm not sure Nitro Charge is going to be as useful as people are making it. I think a better set would be:

Entei@Choice Band/Scarf
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP

-Flare Blitz
-Extreme Speed
-Stone Edge
-Iron Head

On your last set, in the Op, I think Extreme speed could do well over Nitro Charge. Also a more defensive set could be added, like a CM/Sleep Talk/Lava Plume/Roar. I have also created a set of my own, it's a little gimmicky, however, It can work great. It needs a spinner to work effectively

@

Entei @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Pressure
252 HP/252 Def/6 SpD
~Willo-Wisp
~Reflect
~Protect
~Stone Edge/Fire Spin/Roar

Before Willowisp or Reflect it's bulkier than the Lead Swampert, the Evs generate 434 Hp, and 295 defense. Really no Physical attacker can get past except extremly powerful ground types like Mamoswine, and Rhyperior, and sometimes Gyarados. Taunt screws this set up to.

On your last set, in the Op, I think Extreme speed could do well over Nitro Charge. Also a more defensive set could be added, like a CM/Sleep Talk/Lava Plume/Roar. I have also created a set of my own, it's a little gimmicky, however, It can work great. It needs a spinner to work effectively

@

Entei @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Pressure
252 HP/252 Def/6 SpD
~Willo-Wisp
~Reflect
~Protect
~Stone Edge/Fire Spin/Roar

Before Willowisp or Reflect it's bulkier than the Lead Swampert, the Evs generate 434 Hp, and 295 defense. Really no Physical attacker can get past except extremly powerful ground types like Mamoswine, and Rhyperior, and sometimes Gyarados. Taunt screws this set up to.
I didn't include Extremespeed on that set because I've ran the Howl+3 attacks set before and it just didn't get the job done. And with Nitro Charge boosting your speed the need for priority goes down some.

All Entei ever wanted was earthquake and up to now it still cant get it... sigh.

Entei @ Life Orb
Flash Fire
Adamant / Jolly
Evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Nitro Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Switch in on a fire move and get a fire boost, Nitro Charge while they switch and then sweep.

Other options? Dig? Level Ground? Return? Yeah Entei gets no love especially mroe so worst when they ahd a movie of him and he cant even be decent in the game?

Crown Entei with Flare Blitz and Extremespeed is the only one people should be using. The third option should be stone edge, with the final move slot being either nitro charge or level ground; nitro charge brings him to a respectable speed, while level ground (despite being weak) is very welcome for coverage and lowering any potential counter's speed.

Iron head is a thing of the past, guys. The only coverage it got was rock types, and it's resisted by so many things it's just not worth having.

Entei unfortunately is pretty much in the same position he was before, since ExtremeSpeed > Nitro Charge. UU, probably NU again.
Oh, but Nitro Charge + CB is potentially interesting.

[Searches list of fire types that get flare blitz]
But Charizard!
But Arcanine!
But Ninetales, plus sun!
But Rapidash, for gods sake!
But Typhlosion, who also got flash fire!
But Blaziken!
But Infernape!
But Magmortar!
But Victini, if you feel like less power and recoil!
But Reckless Emboar!
But Urugamosu! WTF!

Sorry Entei.

In an unrelated note: Sorry flareon.

[Searches list of fire types that get flare blitz]
But Charizard!
But Arcanine!
But Ninetales, plus sun!
But Rapidash, for gods sake!
But Typhlosion, who also got flash fire!
But Blaziken!
But Infernape!
But Magmortar!
But Victini, if you feel like less power and recoil!
But Reckless Emboar!
But Urugamosu! WTF!

Sorry Entei.

In an unrelated note: Sorry flareon.
This is like saying that Surf is useless on Starmie because Empoleon gets it as well. Flare Blitz is inferior on half of that list, you can't possibly be suggesting that Urgumoth use it.

As others have posted, Entei's best set will be the Crown set:

Entei@Expert Belt
Adamant; 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed

Flare Blitz
Stone Edge
Extremespeed
Level Ground / Iron Head

Iron Head does have its merits for the guaranteed 2HKO with rocks on 252/0 Tar, but that's about it. Level Ground will almost always 2HKO ScarfTar with Rocks, which is much more important, and will always OHKO Heatran with Rocks. Lowering the speed of something like Starmie is always useful, as they will eventually be put into KO range from another attack.

Expert Belt helps preserve Entei's respectable bulk, and isn't entirely useless as Entei can hit 9 types super effectively with the set.

Shame it doesn't learn Wild Bolt... also am I missing something, how does it get Flare Blitz? was it an event in DP? (if so I probably forgot about it...)
EDIT: NVM 13th movie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)