Error 404: Catchy Title Not Found

This is my first serious attempt at the Ubers metagame. Any and all (good) advice is welcome and appreciated.

Darkrai @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Speed
Moves:
-Dark Void
-Taunt
-Dark Pulse
-Focus Blast

Darkrai, as a lead, can handle the two most common types of leads. It can put any pokemon to sleep that can OHKO (Deoxys-A, Groudon, Kyogre, etc.), and switch to a set up pokemon, or it can trick a choice scarf onto any pokemon trying to set up (Deoxys-S, Forretress, Registeel), possibly grab a focus sash for sweeping later, and then proceed to sleep the next pokemon sent in. In late game, it can attempt a sweep, or, more realistically, sleep another pokemon.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
Moves:
-Counter
-Mirror Coat
-Safeguard
-Encore

Wobbuffet is personally my favorite Uber, and for good reason. Wobbuffet pairs incredibly nicely with lead Darkrai. If Darkrai faces a choiced pokemon, a switch to Wobby means good game for their lead. There really isn't much to say about Wobbuffet, except that it needs wish support, which brings us to...

Mew @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP, 4 SpD, 252 Speed
Moves:
-Trick
-Transform
-Explosion
-Light Screen

TransforMew serves two main purposes for this team. First, it can supply the physical sweeper that this team lacks. Second, after Darkrai sleeps a pokemon, a switch into Mew can mean that mew can abuse the sleeping pokemon's moveset uninterrupted or copy its counter and fire back some attacks, while its counter realized that dark pulse is no longer super effective. THe CHoice Scarf/Trick combo lets Mew disable its counter while copying it.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
Moves:
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Payback
-Rapid Spin

Forretress is arguably the most effective spinner in Ubers. All it has to do is switch into a very common outrage and either set up entry hazards or clear the opponent's. Max defense id run to take outrages better, which is the main objective of this set. Unfortunately, this set is incredibly vulnerable to special attacks, so a special wall (plus light screen from Mew) is very helpful.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 204 SpA / 192 Spe
Moves:
-Calm Mind
-Roost
-Thunder
-Dragon Pulse

While not the best definition if a special wall, CM Latias does its job well enough. Soul Dew gives it enough special defense and roost keeps it healthy. It has plenty of opportunities to calm mind and then can take a chunk out of the opponent.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SpD
Moves:
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Will-O-Wisp
-Dragon Claw

In my opinion, Giratina is the best physical wall. Will-O-Wisp any immediate threat, sleep/ stall off damage, and deal some damage with dragon claw. As my team is very Scizor weak, I felt that this was an absolute necessity. It can also cripple threats that Mew can switch into and transform into. This allows me to have a physical sweeper when I need one.

Again, whatever you can add will be greatly appreciated.

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Just a minor nit pick: Your Darkrai hasn't been given trick. This is probably just a typo, writing taunt instead but you should definetly change that.

I do think that this is a bit of a wierd mix of stall and semi offense. Unfortunately, you dont seem to have any late game sweeper, while at the same time you don't have much stalling capability. Because you show the opponent the only real pokemon you have which is able to pull off a sweep, from the very beginning, they are able to prepare throughout the game for when it comes back in. The most important thing you need to consider right now, is what you want from the team. I would suggest that you create a definite game plan (do you want offense, bulky offense, semi-stall, stall etc.) and make changes accordingly.

I might make a better rate later, when I have more time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)