ErupTran Returns for 5th Gen Ubers (My first Uber RMT)

This is my first Ubers RMT so my knowledge on uber battling and ubers tactics is limited.

I tested this team before and it does well, hell: I once swept 5 of my opponents pokemon with groudon alone

If there are pokemon that could be used, let me know and I'll test it on PO

If there are some good movepools, let me know and I'll try it

Heatran and Groudon are the main pokemon so I am not replacing them, Eruption is also the main attack so no replacement for eruption until I get bored of it.

I decided to built the team around ErupTran and since nobody expects it: it can pull off a sweep against pokemon that are not scarfed

I needed sunlight as I could score an easy 2HKO on 252/252 Calm lugia with eruption where I would 3HKO without it.
groudon was perfect and despite being a wall on the team, gets a lot of kills

I need a suicide lead, with death gambit and base 100 HP: victini is arguably the most effective suicide lead since explosion got nerfed.

it can also scout the opponent untill I decide to KO victini myself

I need a kyogre check and latios can pull it off with +1 thunder completely destroying kyogre if it trys to switch in.

it also checks some other things as well:
but I can not be bothered to type up a list of the pokemon that latios checks.

With good synergy with latios and a technician STAB boosted priority move, scizor is a very good choice banded pokemon and since most of the uber sweepers have low defence. scizor can easily revenge kill them

I needed another Physical sweeper, arceus could set up on lots of things and then hit back with a +2 Extremespeed.
even rayquaza can not fight back once arceus is at +2 attack since arceus is faster so Extremespeed will not Outspeed Arceus

----
Victini the suicide lead @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Death Gambit
- Thunder
- SolarBeam
- U-turn

with the EV's and the Choice Scarf: Death Gambit Does 404 Damage and outspeeds a lot of the Uber pokemon

Thunder and solarbeam is to hit kyogre and groudon for at least SOME damage while I can U-turn out if a ghost type pokemon comes out

Groudon the bulky "ParaDancer" @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 SpDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Tried this in Gen4 and it worked, so I tried it again:
I can T-wave something and then use Swords Dance On the switch.

it can take hits and hit harder back with +2 Attack, leftovers just adds to that

EQ and stone edge have good coverage in ubers which No UBER pokemon can resist it. bronzong can, but it is not uber and not used much now

Heatran the Fire Kyogre (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Speed
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Speed)
- Eruption
- SolarBeam
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power

A STAB 225 Fire Attack in the Sun is nothing to laugh at!

If this heatran was choice Spec'ed: it OHKO's 252 HP/252 SpDef Lugia after SR damage so even without choice specs, it can hit pretty damn hard

heatran has 340 with the choice scarf which is not bad considering it is a quiet nature. solarbeam is an upgraded HP grass and the other 2 moves are pretty much on every heatran for coverage

Latios the Kyogre Check (M) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Speed
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Psycho Shock

after 1 calm mind, it has 808 SpAtk which is A lot of power to hit things with.

even blissey falls to psycho shock's power at +1 and we all know how much of a pain blissey is to Special attackers

Scizor the Revenge Killer (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Pursuit

you are kidding right: 591 Attack AND a STAB technician powered priority attack means that unless you have an zekrom or a scarfed ditto.
you WILL get 2HKO'ed by bullet punch.

unfortunately, zekrom counters this to hell and back. Bullet punch is resisted, bug bite is also resisted(I think), Pursuit is not strong enough and superpower can low attack forcing Me to switch

Arceus the Backup Revenge Killer@ Life Orb
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

After a swords dance, +2 Extremespeed will leave a dent in anything that is not a skarmory, who is rarely used in ubers since lugia can arguably wall better.

The 3 attacks have good coverage since most ubers are super-effected and not much can truely counter this arceus

Zekrom: counters scizor (mentioned above) and can do a lot of damage to my team
Kyogre: once Latios is gone, I am screwed since I have no way to wall it
Ditto: if I boost my stats, it can outspeed my pokemon and KO with its choice scarf
Cloyster: not a major threat but still a threat if it sets Up
Blissey: can wall me to hell and back if Groudon/scizor/Arceus is gone, not a major threat

I don't understand why Timid or Modest isn't better than quiet for Heatran as equipping it with a choice scarf then a -speed nature is plain dumb
Eruption is an event only move, and the event Heatran that got Eruption always has a Quiet nature, sadly.

Erruption does like 131.something% after SR damage, which isn't worth it because a choiced pokemon will be switching out a lot.

Don't mean to burst your buble, but Fire Blast is a way better move on Heatran as you can actually outspeed Gengar (seriously, Gengar).

Also, you don't need Solarbeam and Thunder on the lead thingy. Grass Knot hits them both super effectively for 120 damage and is more reliable, it also only takes up one move slot so you have more options to attack.

EDIT: Ninja'd by BlockRcool

EDIT2: When I say "them" I mean Groudon and Kyogre lol

Fire blast over eruption as it can't outrun anything with quiet. Solarbeam relies too much on sun, fire blast generally does more anyway. U turn over bug bite as it is great for scouting with scizor. Run jolly over adamant as it is useful for outrunning things and KOing with shadow claw and EQ.

you are kidding right: 591 Attack AND a STAB technician powered priority attack means that unless you have an zekrom or a scarfed ditto.
you WILL get 2HKO'ed by bullet punch.
This is false. Zekrom isnt even the best Scizor counter although it kicks Siczor's ass. Lugia, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-oh, Heatran, Giratina-O can attempt to laugh at Scizor's bullet punch with ease and burn,reflect or OHKO it directly.

i am new to this but shouldnt you just make the thing bulkier & drop the speed ev's? [heatran]
No, because this is an offensive version of heatran. offensive heatran really needs the SpA and Spe EVs. Only versions like torment and/or Shuca and/or specially defensive need bulky evs.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Soul Dew isn't an item in the fifth generation.

-Speed Flash Fire Heatran Eruption can't really hit anything with such limited Speed.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
CIM said:
Soul Dew isn't an item in the fifth generation.
Yes it is, even though it's unreleased. The RMT rules state that Dream World abilities are allowed. Although not explicitly stated, Soul Dew is allowed since it is in the game but is not obtainable yet.

^

u serious?

Well, lets see: pokegen, pokegen and oh wait: POKEGEN

pokegen = 5th gen Pokesav but I only make "legal pokemon" with smogon sets

I can just make as many 5th gen soul dews as a need so....

No Stealth Rock?

Switch Groudon's set from a Paradancer to a Support, pending further changes.

Get rid of Solarbeam on Heatran.

No Stealth Rock?

Switch Groudon's set from a Paradancer to a Support, pending further changes.

Get rid of Solarbeam on Heatran.
1: I am currently trying the support set, will add it in when done

2: Heatran + Drought = instant Solarbeam's so why would I not use it as I can hit things like kyogre, gastrodon, quagsire, etc.

although pokemon like gastrodon and quagsire are extremely rare, they ARE kyogre counters either way

Solarbeam on Heatran is just asking for Kyogre or Tyranitar to come in change the weather and make you waste a turn charging. Might as well use Fire Blast on Heatran as you have no spinner, and no way to prevent hazards, and you're choiced so you will be switching a lot.

Bug Bite is only good on Swords Dance Scizor, CB versions want U-Turn instead.

Just a very minor nitpick:

A STAB 225 Fire Attack in the Sun is nothing to laugh at!
It actually has 150 base power, ~131% after SR damage IIRC. but it gets 225 factoring either STAB or sun, not by itself.

Now for a small rate so I don't seem like a dick.

EDIT: wait I already gave a small rate, my bad :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)