Espeon

I really seem to like the utter hilarity that may ensue with Lead Zoro + Espeon. No, really. I believe Zoro also has some of the same options as Espy, although it's kinda to bad Zoro doesn't some better stats, cause then you could really play mind games.

Let's hope they introduce Illusion Darkrai next :P

I kind of like EspyWish, cause Shandera's the perfect guy for him, and coincedentally enough, Yanmega.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
With Magic Mirror, I don't see any reason for Espeon to Psycho Shock, lol, especially when you can just Calm Mind up to +6 in Chansey/Blissey's face since they can't status you in any way. Something like this in on my mind:

Espeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Mirror
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Grass Knot / Hidden Power Fire / Baton Pass
-Morning Sun

Grass Knot is for Tyranitar, HP Fire is for Steels.

With Magic Mirror, I don't see any reason for Espeon to Psycho Shock, lol, especially when you can just Calm Mind up to +6 in Chansey/Blissey's face since they can't status you in any way. Something like this in on my mind:

Espeon @ Life Orb
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Morning Sun

Actually, I'd think that CM makes Psycho Shock all the more attractive for its ability to turn Espy into a wallbreaker. :0 Blissey can beat you down with seismic toss before you go +6, and if you don't run a third coverage move instead of Morning sun, then you're walled by lots of stuff (Steels -> Grass Knot, Houndoom/Tyranitar -> HP Fire, ect). If you're running a CM set that wants to sweep instead of pass, I'd think it looks something like this:

(nature/Evs/etc. same as above)
- CM
- Psycho Shock
- Shadow Ball / Grass Knot
- HP Fight / HP Fire

...of course, a lot of other Psychics can easily run the same set and are better offensively. :0 I personally think that offensive Espy is a good idea, but I would just rather see it in a more defensive role, where it can utilize MM to the fullest.

Espeon @ Life Orb
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Morning Sun

And then they switch in their Scarfed Eccentric Ditto, copy the boosts, revenge kill the Espeon and then proceed to sweep. Thus, this will only work if you KNOW they don't have a Ditto.

And then they switch in their Scarfed Eccentric Ditto, copy the boosts, revenge kill the Espeon and then proceed to sweep. Thus, this will only work if you KNOW they don't have a Ditto.
Actually, due to the Calm Mind boosts, you can survive Psychic easily. If you were running Psycho Shock, you'd lose, since it'd be calculated using +6 SpA and +0 Def, but Psychic uses +6 SpA and +6 SpD, 0 net boosts. You can proceed to beat them as they are locked into a move, or pass out.

Actually, due to the Calm Mind boosts, you can survive Psychic easily.
However, there's also the SpA boosts to go along with it, so you'd be taking the Psychic as if you and the Ditto both had no boosts, since you're both at +6 0 you at +6 SpD and Ditto at +6 SpA. You're completely right on Psycho Shock - you'd be broken to bits by it.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually, due to the Calm Mind boosts, you can survive Psychic easily. If you were running Psycho Shock, you'd lose, since it'd be calculated using +6 SpA and +0 Def, but Psychic uses +6 SpA and +6 SpD, 0 net boosts. You can proceed to beat them as they are locked into a move, or pass out.
Or you can attack them with Psychic and heal up with Morning Sun when you get low on health. Espeon comes out on top against Ditto.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Or you can attack them with Psychic and heal up with Morning Sun when you get low on health. Espeon comes out on top against Ditto.
Unless Ditto BPs those boost to a physical attacker, who can now survive Psychic with all those SpDef boosts.

You can't just CM in Blissey's face to +6. Hello Seismic Toss or switching. Psycho Shock does 30-40% to Blissey on its own which is good enough.

Eccentric Ditto isn't a factor. It doesn't currently exist and might not ever.

If you're gonna calm mind, run baton pass. I personally think it needs the coverage though. HP Fire and Grass Knot both wreck everything Espeon is designed to counter.

I have been running dual screens on mine with Psychic and Grass Knot but I was wondering whether I should sacrifice GK or LS for HP Fire.

shrang

General Kenobi
You can't just CM in Blissey's face to +6. Hello Seismic Toss or switching. Psycho Shock does 30-40% to Blissey on its own which is good enough.

Eccentric Ditto isn't a factor. It doesn't currently exist and might not ever.

If you're gonna calm mind, run baton pass. I personally think it needs the coverage though. HP Fire and Grass Knot both wreck everything Espeon is designed to counter.
Yes you can. Run Morning Sun and heal yourself whenever you get close to dying. If Scizor gives you problems, just run Magnezone or Shandera and remove it out of the way first.

I have never been a fan of Espy, because I have a hatred for psychics stemming from gen 1, but I decided to use it on a whim and for the 1st time, love a psychic type. It makes so many people rage quit and ruins stall by throwing their hazards back at them! This is the answer to my prayers!

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yet. It's been confirmed that Female DW Pokemon are harder to get (need more points). Probably to make us work for our DW babies.
Not really, many people have gotten female pokémon with low scores, and male with level-up moves with sky-high scores. Croagunk is an event-only DW pokémon with a gender ratio of 1:1, and yet no one has found a female one yet.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yet. It's been confirmed that Female DW Pokemon are harder to get (need more points). Probably to make us work for our DW babies.
Espeon is an event DW mon and thus has a locked gender. They are male.
Until GF releases DW Eevee, we cannot pass on Magic Mirror, meaning DW espeon can't use DW abilities.

Espeon is an event DW mon and thus has a locked gender. They are male.
Until GF releases DW Eevee, we cannot pass on Magic Mirror, meaning DW espeon can't use DW abilities.
I meant DW Eevee, of course. The DW event Pokemon will always be Male so we still have to work for DW babies.

All i have to say is, this cat used to be very useful in 5th gen UU, now whenever I see one in 5th gen, i know it's going to be a pain to set up rocks if this thing isn't K.O'd.

I have been running dual screens on mine with Psychic and Grass Knot but I was wondering whether I should sacrifice GK or LS for HP Fire.
Though this will pain me to say this because i use hippowdon, it depends. GK is for him while HP fire is for nattorei. Light screen depends whether your team can handle special attacks, otherwise disregard that screen.

Too bad it's ohko'd by like every stab physical attack in the game...
Sure, Espeon isn't tough, but that's an exaggeration. It can easily survive most neutral priority and takes resisted moves pretty damn well. I've seen it take less than 50% from my Roopushin's +1 Guts-boosted Mach Punch before.

Espeon is frail, hence why the screens are so useful. Depending on the pokemon you switch into, they'll likely switch and allow you to set up a screen for free. And Espeon is damn fast too, so if an enemy decides to stay in and attack, you'll likely set up the appropriate screen beforehand and only take half damage. All too often I've switched into a Hippowdon's SR, Reflect first and half the EQ damage, and then attack with Grass Knot or switch to something immune to ground. I like Light Screen because it helps my Roopushin set up Bulk Ups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)