event pokes with set natures allowed to be used with different natures

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i have been jipped of a win multiple times because pokemon online is letting users make event pokemon with set natures and moves (such as flare blitz entei) use a different nature. Entei can only be adamant with flare blitz, yet a life orb entei outsped and koed pokemon that should outspeed entei multiple times.

imagine timid eruption heatran? timid aura sphere raikou? and so on

just pointing it out

sorry if the wording is confusing, ill explain further entei with flare blitz is only allowed with adamant, yet ive seen jolly ones running around.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, you should tell a mod when this happens. Entei needs to be Adamant, Raikou needs to be Rash, etc.

I don't know if heatran learns eruption just via-event but if on PO is permitted to use these pokes like entei and raikou with differents natures, why heatran can be just quiet? for exemple i wanted him in my sand team but i cannot have it except with a quiet nature.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Although possible on PO a Timid Eruption Heatran, for instance, doesn't exist in "real life," lol, so you would be using an illegitimate monster.

I remember there was once on the PO server there was a message that said something like "Raikou needs to be Rash in order to use Aura Sphere" or something similar to that.

as for some pictorial proof:

Not to mention the fact that the Crowned Beasts with their new moves and locked natures have to be Shiny. I don't know if this can be implemented, but it's certainly competitively important so you know not to expect Aura Sphere from a Raikou and your Tyranitar is safe, and that your Starmie/Latios/Musketeer outspeeds it unless it's Scarved. I have seen non-shiny Aura Sphere Raikous and people get pissed when I tell them it's an illegal set.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Aura Sphere Raikou being Shiny-only really isn't that important at all. Sort of like setting all your pokes to female to avoid attract and rivalry, everyone will just make their Raikou shiny to throw off the opponent. The net result is the same thing except everyone has to click one more button.

This is, in fact, implemented in PO's scripts. So it's conceivable we could modify theirs to suit our purposes.

Don't expect it any time soon--their scripts have a LOT of Mafia and League crap I've got to sift through to get to the gold.

Aura Sphere Raikou being Shiny-only really isn't that important at all. Sort of like setting all your pokes to female to avoid attract and rivalry, everyone will just make their Raikou shiny to throw off the opponent. The net result is the same thing except everyone has to click one more button.
It's less a matter of importance as it is of legality. Non-shiny Aura Sphere Raikou is illegal. Yes, you "have to click one more button", but that's what makes it legal. We're trying to simulate the game as much as possible here at Smogon and PO, right? That's part of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)