Other Everyone Who Signs Up Will Be In This Game [Challenge 4]

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Challenge 4: Planes, Planes, and Automoplanes

In this challenge, you will be creating airplane routes among five cities of the world.

Rules:
  1. There are five cities in this challenge: Vancouver, Melbourne, Lagos, Yalta, and Sao Paulo.

2. Over the course of the game, each player will be in control of various Destinations and Nonstops. Each Destination is simply a city, while a Nonstop is a 2-way route between two cities.

3. Each cycle, each player may do one of two things:
    • A) (Attempt to) Acquire a Destination or a Nonstop (elaborated in rule 4)
    • B) (Attempt to) Create a route between two cities (elaborated in rule 5)

4. Acquiring Destinations and Nonstops: If there is a specific Destination/Nonstop you want, you may attempt to get that. If you wanted, say, the Nonstop between Yalta and Sao Paulo, you would PM the host, “Going after the Nonstop Yalta - Sao Paulo”. If two players go after the same destination or nonstop, neither will get it.

If you would like to guarantee that you get a Destination/Nonstop, you may take a random Destination or Nonstop. If you do this, you are guaranteed to get something. To do this, PM the host, “Going for random Destination” or “Going for random Nonstop”. It is possible for more than one person to get the same Destination or Nonstop in this way, if unlikely.

5. Contributing to Routes: Routes are how points are scored in this game. Routes are made by connecting one Destination to another using Nonstops. Everyone involved in creating a route gets points from the route.

To contribute to a route, you must PM the host, “Connecting <currently held Destination/Nonstop> with <user(s)> to create the route <city1> to <city2>”. For a route to work and yield points for anyone, both city1 and city2 must be contributed as Destinations by some user involved in the route and there must be a contributed set of Nonstops going from one to the other.

The more distinct cities the route goes through, the more points each contributor gets:
    Code:
    2 cities: 2 points
    3 cities: 4 points
    4 cities: 8 points
    5 cities: 10 points
    People may contribute more than one nonstop/destination as part of a route, in which case they get rewarded twice separately.
    • 5a) Contributing Destinations only yields half of these point values.
    • 5b) Playing routes uses up the Destinations and Nonstops that you contributed if the route was successfully created. If you want to use the same Destination or Nonstop later in the same round, you must acquire it again.
    • 5c) The same route cannot be made twice in one round.

6. Only the first two routes to be created successfully in a round will count - after the second is created, the round immediately ends. If three routes are created on the same turn, or some similar scenario, all routes completed on the final turn of the round will count for points.

7. This game will be repeated for several rounds, with each player’s points carrying over from round to round (but not their remaining Destinations or Nonstops). At predetermined but secret points throughout the challenge, I will be eliminating the user with the lowest total point value. If there is a tie, I will err on the side of eliminating all players tied for last.

8. Each round, one Nonstop is specifically chosen to yield 1.5 times for any person who uses it.

9. As this sort of thing hasn’t really been done previously, in the event that I’ve overlooked something and this challenge is horribly broken, I reserve the right to change/add any rule before the second round is over. I promise that after that, the rules will stay static (and hopefully they’ll never have to change anyway).
----------------------------------------------------

So, the actions you can take on any given turn are:
1) Get random Destination
2) Get random Nonstop
3) Go for a specific Destination
4) Go for a specific Nonstop
5) Connect a route with other players

You may only do one of these on each turn.

That's all.

Last edited:

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Just so it's easier to find here's a list of the players still in the game:

Ace Emerald
zorbees
kingofmars
theangryscientist
vonFiedler
Crux
Acklow
billymills

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
As it's the holiday, I'm extending deadline 24 hours. There will be no more extensions after this - there will be a fair number of turns in this challenge and if I wait for people it will never end ever.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Update: Round 1, Turn 3

The route Yalta to Sao Paulo has been created:
tas - Yalta
kingofkongs - Yalta to Vancouver
tas - Vancouver to Lagos
Crux - Lagos to Melbourne
billymills - Melbourne to Sao Paulo
Crux - Sao Paulo

which removes all of those Nonstops and Destinations from each of their hands and yields them all points.

Scoreboard:
Crux - 15 points
tas - 15 points
billymills - 10 points
kingofkongs - 10 points
Ace Emerald - 0 points
Acklow - 0 points
vonFiedler - 0 points
zorbees - 0 points​

It is now Round 1, Turn 4. Turn 4 ends in 48 hours or until I receive all relevant actions.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
A second route has been created and no others are possible this turn.

Update: Round 1 End

The route Sao Paulo to Vancouver has been created:
Acklow - Sao Paulo
zorbees - Sao Paulo to Lagos
zorbees - Lagos to Yalta (x1.5)
Acklow - Yalta to Melbourne
Ace Emerald - Melbourne to Vancouver
Ace Emerald - Vancouver

Giving the following point values:
Acklow +15
Ace Emerald +15
zorbees +25

The scoreboard at this moment:
zorbees - 25 points
Ace Emerald - 15 points
Acklow - 15 points
Crux - 15 points
tas - 15 points
billymills - 10 points
kingofkongs - 10 points
vonFiedler - 0 points

----------

Wait - what's this? This was an elimination round? Already? WTF u cray.

With 0 points, vonFiedler has been eliminated from the game.

The rest of you get rid of the rest of your nonstops and destinations in preparation for Round 2.

It is now Round 2, Turn 1. Send me your actions within 48 hours.

The special Nonstop this round is Sao Paulo to Vancouver.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
It is now Round 2, Turn 2. If you did not receive a result PM, then your action was completed successfully.

Round 2 Turn 2 ends one and a half days (36 hours) as of this post.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Update: Round 2, Turn 3

A route has been formed:
zorbees - Yalta (Destination)
zorbees - Yalta to Vancouver
Ace Emerald - Vancouver to Melbourne
kingofkongs - Melbourne to Sao Paulo
Ace Emerald - Sao Paulo to Lagos
kingofkongs - Lagos (Destination)

Yielding the following point values:
zorbees +15
Ace Emerald +20
kingofkongs +15

The scoreboard:
zorbees - 40 points
Ace Emerald - 35 points
kingofkongs - 25 points
Acklow - 15 points
Crux - 15 points
tas - 15 points
billymills - 10 points

Due to a lack of interest in this challenge I will be prematurely ending this challenge and moving on at the end of this round. The lowest two scorers by the end of this round will be eliminated. If it's a tie, all users involved in said tie will be eliminated.

Making sure everyone knows this game is still going on:
Acklow Crux theangryscientist billymills

It is now Round 2, Turn 4. Turn 4 ends in 48 hours.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Challenge over. The users continuing to the next round are:

Ace Emerald
kingofkongs
zorbees

The users who will be eliminated and will be punished are:
Acklow
billymills
Crux
theangryscientist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)