EVs and IVs through the ages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
An article that explains all the complicated inner works of Pokémon stats, going from stat experience in gen 1 and DVs to gender, shininess, and hidden power in gen 2, to the rework in gen 3 and current state. Includes tables, complicated mathematics and some refreshing information not easy to find for those who want to enter the world of competitive gen 1 and gen 2 (since first is available and the latter is going to be available soon in PS).

Ooh, this I like ^.^

Teaching the math behind the stats in early gens should definitely get more peeps geared up for the RBY and (hopefully soon) GSC ladders on the sim. Excellent timing and snazzy concept, imo~

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmmm this sounds like a good idea. But to clarify, how mechanical / in-depth with the math are you going to get into? As long as it's not too dry etc~ Might need to switch this to Other Features :o!

Or is this meant to help newer users who want to pick up past gens regarding EVs / IVs / their equivalent? You did mention that in the OP but is it more of a general explanation about those math or an article to help those players? Thanks :)

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks for the positive post, Jellicent :3

Oh, it will be less complicated than http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pid_iv_creation, imo. I will explain how it works exactly, dumbed down math, not too dry at all. I chose battling strategy for the importance of a single IV/DV point and to teach a little players for gen 2 and hidden power elections (like hp dark vs hp ghost on Keldeo).

This intends to explain how EVs have worked and work now, so yeah, it can help old players who come back to the game :> I want to do "the EV and IV article", explaining how they work and how you should use them to have the small advantage on all gens.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
this would be a really good article imo for those that just want a cohesive explanation of EVs/IVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)