Eye of the Storm (OU SS Team)

I've been having a lot of success with this team lately and figured I'd share it here and get some input. There a still a lot of places were it could be better but im not sure what to change. All suggestions are welcome! Please give your feedback! Changes in bold.

Overview -

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

This set makes a pretty good lead. It differs from the typical EV set with 252 HP, I feel that it is a waste of Hippowdons slightly above average attack and it can do some serious damage with earthquake and ice fang. Slack off is there for instant recovery, but im finding myself using it less and less so it may be open for change.

Empoleon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Grass Knot
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

This empoleon differs slightly from the typical sub petaya set up to adapt into its sandstorm environment. My team was in need of a grass type move, with no other pokemon knowing any electric type moves, I figured this set up would work well. Lots of teams actually lack counters for this and it can take out 2-3 pokemon usually before its taken down.

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Hp
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

WHAT. A. MONSTER. This is undoubtably the best sandstorm sweeper in the game. Even before a swords dance it can sweep a team. The need for 252 speed EV's is actually pretty important and helpful, it prevents it from being revenged kill by what people are calling the best revenge killer in the game now, Chandelure. It's great to watch people bring in a shadow tag chandelure and try to get a revenge kill and get outsped and destroyed by a STAB eq. This move set gives really good coverage and X-Scissor is a great counter to the ever so broken Latios revenge killer.

NEED TO REMOVE LATIOS. Can't use soul dew apparently, taking suggestions on pokemon that counter conkledurr well and have similar typing/synergy.

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Pulse
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Surf

This is my preferred version of Latios, giving it much more sweeping ability than specs or scarf. After one dragon dance it's speed reaches a blistering 525 and Soul Dew boosts its SAtk to high enough levels to one shot most pokes with the correct move. Dragon Pulse, Psychic and HP Fire give great coverage and can surprise and destroy the biggest, most annoying wall, Ferrothorn. I was running surf over HP Fire before I realized how big of a problem Ferrothorn stopping my latios sweeps were. I know Dragon Dance may seem stupid on a special attacker, but it works.

Retarditar (Tyranitar) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

It's nice to have a second sandstreamer on the team to help beat other weather teams. This can be a powerful late game sweeper and sets up all day on Ferrothorn, then rips its face off with Fire Punch. With the EV spread it reachs the speed of Scarftar and still has great power with its stab Crunch and Stone Edge to do serious damage with great coverage.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- HP Ice

I was astonished and, honestly, disgusted by Landorus's power when I first tried it. IT'S INSANE! It can come in and SD all day on Ferrothorn, then go to town with EdgeQuake combo. HP Ice is great for destroying something that would otherwise wall Landorus, Gliscor. Shout out to PK Gaming for suggestings adding Landorus to my team.

Latios can't use Soul Dew. Tyranitar would be better off using a specially defensive set or a choice band set. Landorus could use HP ice over brick break to lure/kill gliscor.

Oh well that explains why latios was just destroying everything... Now I need to find another conkldurr counter/find an item that'll work on this latios. I really like the way my ttar is right now so i think ill be leaving it like that. The suggestions on Landorus is really great, I will definatly use it over brick break, thank you.

For latios just give it choice specs with a moveset of Draco meteor, filler, filler, and filler.

Oh and I recommend you replace empoleon with ferrothorn. Empoleon is awful in this metagame because almost all the top threats can out speed and OHKO it. You also lack a reliable counter for rain, and ferrothorn is one of the best.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Curse
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)