FABULOUS Team (Courtesy of Ghirahim of Skyward Sword)

Hello. My name is Psylink. I am new to Smogon, as this is my first post. I figured that I would start with an RMT. I've been on PS! for about a little less than half a year though. My username on there is >psi<. You may have seen me in chat, or seen me in a battle/battled me. I know what a competitive team looks like. Sorry about the small talk, so I'll get to it. The 1st 3 pokemon on the list are sweepers, and the other 3 are walls and tanks. The team is called FABULOUS Team. Here it is:

FABULOUS (Accelgor) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Acid Spray

This is one of three sweepers. This is a special sweeper, of course. This is a somewhat standard set. I chose HP Ice instead of Rock beacause Ice is a much better offensive type, and it hits Flying types x2 just like rock, plus the ability to do actually do something to Druddigon, Altaria, and many others. Bug Buzz is the main STAB move of choice. It will hit anything that doesn't resist it for relatively large damage. Grass, Psychic, and Dark types hate this move. Focus Blast completes Accelgor's ring of coverage, hitting the Steel and Rock types that resist the other moves. I would have Specs, but the freedom of moves is essential. Acid Spray covers up that reduction in power. It's usually one of those moves out of the bag that coud make a game suprisingly, like a SubPunch T-tar. Accelgor likes it's Life Orb, so it has Sticky Hold to ward off Trick users. Accelgor has simple EVs: SpA and Spe to the max for maximum for easier sweeping, and the rest in HP because there's nowhere else useful to put them. Timid for speed.

SPECTACULAR (Magmortar) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Mild Nature
- Mach Punch
- Focus Blast
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt

Magmortar is an extremely scary wallbreaker/sweeper. Why not both? Magmortar has Mach Punch for weakened, yet faster opponents, because Magmortar has a reasonable Atk stat. Now wouldn't it be amazing if there was a Choice Belt that combined Specs and Band? But there isn't, so I'll go on. Focus Blast as a move for Rock, Steel, Ice, Normal, and Dark types. Thats a lot of coverage! It really isn't needed to deal with Steel and Ice types though. That's when Overheat comes in. At 140 BP, with Choice Specs, and has max SpA EVs, that is going to do a TON of damage! It's amazing! Or should I say Spectacular! Thunderbolt is for the many Water and Flying types in RU. It's not BoltBeam, but those moves do the trick. Mild is to slightly power Magmortar's moves up, even if it's only a little bit. Vital Spirit is a must so it can't fall to the Spore and Sleep Powder abusers in RU. The EVs are the same as Accelgor, but the 4 leftover are in Atk instead of HP so Mach Punch is a teeny bit more powerful.

AMAZING (Mantine) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Air Slash

Now you may be wondering: If Mantine is in position 3, is he actually a sweeper? He is! You, will, of course, think I am nuts for putting Mantine as a sweeper. He is a very bulky Pokemon for sure. I figured I'd put that Water Absorb to good use. He has reasonable SpA, and with Specs, that would be raised to the right level of strength to try out a sweep. A slow one at that, but putting it's ability and bulk to use. Surf is Mantine's Water STAB. I didn't use Hydro Pump due to accuracy issues. So Surf it was! Ice Beam for the Flying, Dragon, and other Ice-weak Pokemon in RU. Hidden Power Electric is for other bulky Water types, as well as Flying types. Air Slash is Flying STAB, with that crucial flinch rate, which is bound to come in handy! Modest is for a bit more power. EVs are same as Accelgor.

INCREDIBLE (Sigilyph) (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Psycho Shift
- Roost
- Stored Power

Sigilyph is one of the most hated Pokemon in existence alongside Whimsicott. It's classic defensive set is a mix of extreme stall tactics alongside a move that Sigilyph is universally known for- Stored Power. This makes Sigilyph one of the best tanks in the game. There is a couple of weaknesses though. Here they are: 1- Clear Smog and Haze. 2- Critical Hits. That's why Sigilyph hates Amoongus, even with a type advantage. Cosmic Power is to increase both offensive and defensive abilities. Psycho Shift is for a 100% accurate burn via Flame Orb. And due to Magic Guard, this is failproof, unless Tricked by the ever popular Spiritomb and Gardevoir. Roost is for healing, and increased rage out of the opponent. Stored Power completes the set for not being Taunt bait via Aerodactyl, and for offensive terrorism. Sigilyph is overall defensive, but the tides can turn. EVs are fine-tuned for increased survivability and a bit extra attacking power. Calm achieves more SpD too.

BREATHTAKING (Hariyama) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Bullet Punch
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch

This is a very VERY bulky Fighting type, which is rare. This set tries to focus on physical defense, as well as taking advantage of the other stat boost of Bulk Up, and use it to net at least one KO. Bulk Up is to increase walling abilities and to raise Attack to useable levels. Bullet Punch is for those faster opponents like Ninjask and Sceptile. Cross Chop is a more defensive version of Close Combat. The drop in both defenses is really harsh on a defensive Pokemon like Hariyama, so Cross Chop is the way to go. Ice Punch is versatile in that it hits a lot of Pokemon for super effective damage. EVs max Atk and HP for better tanking, and the remaining EVs go to SpD. Adament for better damage.

SUPERB (Wigglytuff) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cute Charm
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Dark]
- Heal Bell

Wigglytuff is my cleric and is a sorta make-do wall. I didn't choose Alomomala becaue there's already a Water type on the team: Mantine. That would make a huge weakness in Electric moves, which plagues the RU metagame. Wigglytuff is the Blissey of NU, but a bit different in that it sucks in every other stat. It can make the most titanic Wishes ever, so good that every team member but maybe Hariyama is fully healed from it. Stealth Rock is to help out the rest of the team do it's job. Hidden Power Dark is the result of rage of those Ghost types being immune to Seismic Toss. Thus a Dark move. Heal Bell keeps all the team healthy status wise. The EVs are the same as Sigilyph except SpA are the last 4 EVs. Calm helps tank more hits. Cute Charm is used because it's the ability that is possible moveset wise. This set does not have room for change.

So I hope you like this RMT! I worked a while on this, so please critique my work!

Bye!

- Psylink

Lickilicky (or Clefable) make better special wall/wish passer due to superior bulk on both sides of the spectrum. Lickilicky has access to Dragon Tail and Body Slam both moves useful to phaze and spread paralysis and Clefable has Magic Guard to Block passive damage.

Half your team is horrendously weak to stealth rock, to remedy this you need spinner and with Wigglytuff replaced, a stealth rock user. A weak link to the team is Mantine, it could be replaced by several pokemon that spin or set up. I recommend using Nidoqueen to set up rocks. Combined with Sheer Force Nidoqueen's attacks become much more potent being able to dent other walls and offensive threats when they switch in. As a spinner an offensive Kaputops will make a great addition, with a turn of set up from swords dance it can KO plough through Ghost types guaranteeing a spin.

A choice scarf Sawk could replace Haryiama, as he would bring speed and power a quality that some members of your team lacks without set up. Sawk also scares out/obliterates Dark type pokemon that wall your Siliglyph.

Also I suggest changing your Magmortar ev spread, its not very fast. A problem for frail pokemon like that. Also Mach Punch isn't very useful with a specs pokemon, maybe with a life orb and some investment but as it stands to use it with rocks up you pretty much sack half your HP to finish a weakened pokemon. Use hidden power grass to dent water types like lanturn and quagsire.

Putting Spikes on Accelgor might be a good idea to rack up passive damage combined with

tl;dr
Wigglytuff -> Lickilicky/Clefable
Lickilicky: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def ~ Careful ~ Wish / Protect / Heal Bell / Body Slam (Dragon Tail) ~ Cloud Nine ~ Leftovers
Clefable: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def ~ Calm ~ Wish / Protect (Toxic) / Heal Bell / Seismic Toss ~ Magic Guard ~ Leftovers

Hariyama -> Choice Scarf Sawk
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP ~ Adamant/Jolly ~ Close Combat/Earthquake/Ice Punch/Stone Edge ~ Study ~ Choice Scarf
Mantine -> Offensive Kaputops or Defensive Nidoqueen
Kaputops 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP ~ Jolly ~ Swords Dance / Stone Edge / Waterfall (or Aqua Jet) / Rapid Spin ~ Swift Swim / Weak Armour ~ Life Orb / Leftovers
Nidoqueen: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe ~ Bold ~ Stealth Rock / Earth Power / Ice Beam (Dragon Tail/Roar) / Fire Blast (Toxic Spikes) ~ Sheer Force ~ Leftovers / Life Orb

Magmortar
Mach Punch -> Hidden Power Grass
252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 Atk -> 24 HP / 252 SpAtk / 232 Spe
Accelgor
Acid Spray -> Spikes

Welcome to Smogon! :)

Great advice!

Lickilicky (or Clefable) make better special wall/wish passer due to superior bulk on both sides of the spectrum. Lickilicky has access to Dragon Tail and Body Slam both moves useful to phaze and spread paralysis and Clefable has Magic Guard to Block passive damage.

Half your team is horrendously weak to stealth rock, to remedy this you need spinner and with Wigglytuff replaced, a stealth rock user. A weak link to the team is Mantine, it could be replaced by several pokemon that spin or set up. I recommend using Nidoqueen to set up rocks. Combined with Sheer Force Nidoqueen's attacks become much more potent being able to dent other walls and offensive threats when they switch in. As a spinner an offensive Kaputops will make a great addition, with a turn of set up from swords dance it can KO plough through Ghost types guaranteeing a spin.

A choice scarf Sawk could replace Haryiama, as he would bring speed and power a quality that some members of your team lacks without set up. Sawk also scares out/obliterates Dark type pokemon that wall your Siliglyph.

Also I suggest changing your Magmortar ev spread, its not very fast. A problem for frail pokemon like that. Also Mach Punch isn't very useful with a specs pokemon, maybe with a life orb and some investment but as it stands to use it with rocks up you pretty much sack half your HP to finish a weakened pokemon. Use hidden power grass to dent water types like lanturn and quagsire.

Putting Spikes on Accelgor might be a good idea to rack up passive damage combined with

tl;dr
Wigglytuff -> Lickilicky/Clefable
Lickilicky: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def ~ Careful ~ Wish / Protect / Heal Bell / Body Slam (Dragon Tail) ~ Cloud Nine ~ Leftovers
Clefable: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def ~ Calm ~ Wish / Protect (Toxic) / Heal Bell / Seismic Toss ~ Magic Guard ~ Leftovers

Hariyama -> Choice Scarf Sawk
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP ~ Adamant/Jolly ~ Close Combat/Earthquake/Ice Punch/Stone Edge ~ Study ~ Choice Scarf
Mantine -> Offensive Kaputops or Defensive Nidoqueen
Kaputops 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP ~ Jolly ~ Swords Dance / Stone Edge / Waterfall (or Aqua Jet) / Rapid Spin ~ Swift Swim / Weak Armour ~ Life Orb / Leftovers
Nidoqueen: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe ~ Bold ~ Stealth Rock / Earth Power / Ice Beam (Dragon Tail/Roar) / Fire Blast (Toxic Spikes) ~ Sheer Force ~ Leftovers / Life Orb

Magmortar
Mach Punch -> Hidden Power Grass
252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 Atk -> 24 HP / 252 SpAtk / 232 Spe
Accelgor
Acid Spray -> Spikes

Welcome to Smogon! :)
This Accelgor set needs Acid Spray to cover up LO's lower boost than Specs. I wouldn't want to hurt the other 3 moves, since that is crucial coverage, and with Spikes in place of Bug Buzz, Focus Blast, or HP Ice would leave Accelgor walled by more Pokes, and all that just for Spikes? No thank you. There are a couple of things I need to know: What kind of bulky Fighting types are there? And is there a good bulky Poke in RU/NU with Water Absorb? The intended role of Hariyama was a physical wall/tank. I needed Water Absorb to cover up Magmortar's weakness to Water, so that's why I chose Mantine. Now I see it's not a reliable sweeper, so I'll remove Mantine. As for Wigglytuff, it has Stealth Rock in it's set. But Clefable is that but better. I had completely forgot about Clefable, so I will use a defensive set. Mantine will be replaced with Offensive Spinning Kabutops. As for Hariyama, I'll keep him.
Magmortar has HP Grass in place of Mach Punch. The EVs are more focused on Spe, thank god. It still has 252 in SpA, but now it has 128 in HP, and 128 in Spe. It is now Timid instead of Mild.

Here are the new sets:

FABULOUS (Accelgor) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Acid Spray

SPECTACULAR (Magmortar) (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 128 HP / 128 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt

AMAZING (Kabutops) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Battle Armor
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

INCREDIBLE (Sigilyph) (M) @ Flame Orb
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Psycho Shift
- Roost
- Stored Power

BREATHTAKING (Hariyama) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Bullet Punch
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch

SUPERB (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Thank you for the advice!

-Psylink

Hi Psylink and welcome to Smogon! Looks like DFrog gave you a pretty good rate and i agree with his suggestions of adding Clefable and Kabutops. I have a few more suggestions that will hopefully improve your team and i hope you'll test them out!

The first thing i noticed is that your team is incredibly weak to water and electric type attacks. While Mantine helped with the water weakness, he added to the electric weakness. Accelgor can be a potent special attacker but isnt really adding anything to your synergy and adds another crippling rock weakness. I propose to swap out Accelgor for Special Attacker Sceptile. Sceptile's typing offers key resistances to water and electric and is arguably a better special attacker. Sceptile is only outpace by Accelgor and Aerodactyl who arent major threats to your team thus Accelgor's exceptional speed isnt a necessity. A Life Orb set would benefit your team allowing for coverage and the ability to switch moves. Leaf Storm is an incredibly powerful attack that hits harder than any Accelgor's moves which is incredibly useful. Hidden Power Rock lets you hit fire and flying types that resist your stab moves, while Focus Blast hits steels. Synthesis can be used in the last slot for reliable recovery, however Giga Drain can be used over it if youre looking for a reliable second stab move.

A few more minor changes should be mentioned. First, Magmortar is known for his incredible coverage and strong special attacking prowess. For this reason, you should change Magmortar to an Expert Belt set offering great wall breaking capabilities and coverage. Fire Blast should be used over Overheat so you dont get that SpAtk drop. Second, Sigilyph should be running an EV spread of 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spe to maximize its bulk and allowing it to outpace many common threats and burn them before they can hit you. Third, Kabutops should be running an EV spread of 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp which allows it outspeed alot of the tier to get a fast rapid spin off. Weak Armor should be used instead of Battle Armor. If you get hit by a physical attack, Kabutops becomes quite the sweeper due to his high Attack stat. Finally, you have a very interesting Hariyama set and im not too sure what you're trying to do with it but if you are using Bulk Up, Force Palm should be used over Cross Chop due to its reliability and chance to paralyze.

Summary:
Sceptile > Accelgor
Expert Belt Magmortar > Specs
New EV spread for Sigilyph > Old one
New EV spread for Kabutops > Old one
Weak Armor > Battle Armor
Force Palm > Cross Chop

Sets:
Sceptile @ Life Orb
Trait: Overgrow
Evs: 60 Hp / 252 SpAtk / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Rock
-Focus Blast
-Synthesis/Giga Drain

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
EVs: 24 Hp / 252 SpAtk / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power Grass

Hope this rate helped and good luck with the team! Pm me if you have any questions!! :D

Hi Psylink and welcome to Smogon! Looks like DFrog gave you a pretty good rate and i agree with his suggestions of adding Clefable and Kabutops. I have a few more suggestions that will hopefully improve your team and i hope you'll test them out!

The first thing i noticed is that your team is incredibly weak to water and electric type attacks. While Mantine helped with the water weakness, he added to the electric weakness. Accelgor can be a potent special attacker but isnt really adding anything to your synergy and adds another crippling rock weakness. I propose to swap out Accelgor for Special Attacker Sceptile. Sceptile's typing offers key resistances to water and electric and is arguably a better special attacker. Sceptile is only outpace by Accelgor and Aerodactyl who arent major threats to your team thus Accelgor's exceptional speed isnt a necessity. A Life Orb set would benefit your team allowing for coverage and the ability to switch moves. Leaf Storm is an incredibly powerful attack that hits harder than any Accelgor's moves which is incredibly useful. Hidden Power Rock lets you hit fire and flying types that resist your stab moves, while Focus Blast hits steels. Synthesis can be used in the last slot for reliable recovery, however Giga Drain can be used over it if youre looking for a reliable second stab move.

A few more minor changes should be mentioned. First, Magmortar is known for his incredible coverage and strong special attacking prowess. For this reason, you should change Magmortar to an Expert Belt set offering great wall breaking capabilities and coverage. Fire Blast should be used over Overheat so you dont get that SpAtk drop. Second, Sigilyph should be running an EV spread of 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spe to maximize its bulk and allowing it to outpace many common threats and burn them before they can hit you. Third, Kabutops should be running an EV spread of 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp which allows it outspeed alot of the tier to get a fast rapid spin off. Weak Armor should be used instead of Battle Armor. If you get hit by a physical attack, Kabutops becomes quite the sweeper due to his high Attack stat. Finally, you have a very interesting Hariyama set and im not too sure what you're trying to do with it but if you are using Bulk Up, Force Palm should be used over Cross Chop due to its reliability and chance to paralyze.

Summary:
Sceptile > Accelgor
Expert Belt Magmortar > Specs
New EV spread for Sigilyph > Old one
New EV spread for Kabutops > Old one
Weak Armor > Battle Armor
Force Palm > Cross Chop

Sets:
Sceptile @ Life Orb
Trait: Overgrow
Evs: 60 Hp / 252 SpAtk / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Rock
-Focus Blast
-Synthesis/Giga Drain

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
EVs: 24 Hp / 252 SpAtk / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power Grass

Hope this rate helped and good luck with the team! Pm me if you have any questions!! :D
Thank you, Incon. but I've stopped working on this team. Oh well. See you around!

Slowking makes you perfectly gg to your team o.o
The only thing that could stop it would Accelgor, but it is equally difficult.
I advise you to change Mantine or Sigilyph by Escavalier or Scolipede.

Scolipede (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Spikes
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide

Escavalier (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Poison Jab

SD Escavalier also good but I like cb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)