classes:
  • Applied Orbital Mechanics
  • Structural Dynamics
  • Propulsion
  • Space Systems Engr Design
  • Spacecraft Systems Lab
  • US History Since 1865
  • Marching Band :p
I also tutor on the side, and I have to squeeze in a Texas Government credit by exam in there somewhere...

So yeah. If you don't see too much of me in the next several months, this is why.

University of Maryland, College Park
Psychology and Criminology double major
Sophomore

Courses: Adult Psychopathology, Child Psychopathology, Research Methods in Psychology, Intro to Criminology, Intro to Criminal Justice, Mock Trial (3 credits!)

My schedule is actually pretty beautiful. 19 credits, start at 9 Monday / Wednesday, 11 Tuesday / Thursday, and only have a two hour lab 10-12 Friday. Monday - Thursday I finish the day before 1: 30. I love it when the classes are just right after another with no stupid 45 minute breaks or whatever.

Ender

pelagic
is a Contributor Alumnus
Uni: Lehigh University
Major: Biochemistry (Pre-med)
Year: Senior

My fall is weird af so i'll post my whole year

Analytical Chemistry
Disease & Development
Literature of Contagion (for my minor)
Engineering 1 (lol freshman comp sci class for my major)
-
Physical Chemistry
Advanced Inorganic Chem
Basic Statistics lolol
Probs some Bs poly sci course

+ research YEEHAW

@Ender37 biochem was my favorite class in all of uni, it was pretty interesting here. have fun memorizing the amino acids though
I'm in Orgo 2 right now and we have a test on 10 of the amino acid structures tomorrow already, but I'm looking forward to biochem a lot!

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Australia :)

school: Monash University
year: Second
major: Radiography and Medical Imaging

classes:
  • Radiation, Imaging and Quantum physics
  • Anatomy
  • Pharmacology
  • Pathology
  • Radiology techniques and clinical practice

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm in Orgo 2 right now and we have a test on 10 of the amino acid structures tomorrow already, but I'm looking forward to biochem a lot!
enjoy it while you can. soon knowledge of all of them is assumed :[

Australia :)

school: Monash University
year: Second
major: Radiography and Medical Imaging

classes:
  • Radiation, Imaging and Quantum physics
  • Anatomy
  • Pharmacology
  • Pathology
  • Radiology techniques and clinical practice
help me with my magnetochemistry imo

TalkTakesTime

as shallow as a plate of cereal
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
New Zealand

school: University of Canterbury
year: first (semester 2)
major: Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Intermediate year (intending on going into mechatronics and possibly picking up a second degree in computer science)

papers:
  • EMTH171: Mathematical Modelling and Computation
  • EMTH211: Engineering Linear Algebra and Statistics
  • ENGR102: Engineering Mechanics
  • PHYS102: Engineering Physics B: Electromagnetism, Modern Physics, and "How Things Work" (varies by year; typically a section on the processes and theories involved in things like nuclear reactors)
171 is a joke it's like a shitty version of computer sci from semester 1. I may or may not be procrastinating the assignment for it right now

School: University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Year: Second
Major: Computer Science

Classes:
EECS 203 Discrete Mathematics
EECS 280 Programming & Data Structures (basically the second programming course you take, the first one being a general intro programming course required for all engineering majors)
CLCIV 385 Greek Mythology
GERMAN 101 Elementary German

I'm looking forward to this year, though I'm kind of nervous as well. I'll finally be starting on the actual computer science courses for my major after 2 semesters of only doing prereqs. However, I'm still not entirely sure if it's the right major for me, so I guess I'll see how this stuff works out. I've always been good at programming and have enjoyed it a lot but I've never been driven enough to actually code outside of class. Greek Myth should be fairly easy and interesting though. The German class isn't actually required for me but I've already finished all of my other pre-reqs so I figure I might as well give it a shot; I figure if I enjoy it learning another language definitely can't hurt haha.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
School: University of Michigan - Ann Arbor (dude who posted above me is a bro)
Year: First
Major: Chemical Engineering (undeclared, one does not simply declare a major at Michigan their first semester)

Classes:

MATH 285 - Honors Calculus III (I'm on the waitlist, otherwise I'll take Introduction to Differential Equations)
CHEM 210- Structure and Reactivity I
CHEM 211- Investigations in Chemistry
ENGR 100- Introduction to Engineering
UC 104- Introduction to Research

I'm also doing a research program for 2 or 3 credits but I don't know much about that atm. Also it's bullshit that you have to do 6-9 hours of research a week for 2-3 credit hours. The only thing I don't like are the self-named "Organic Chemistry Mondays" which is 5 hours of organic chemistry every Monday and "Fuck Me Fridays" which is 8:00 AM Organic Chemistry, then a 2 hour break, then an hour of calculus, a bus ride to 3 hours of engineering lectures and labs, then another bus ride, then another hour of Organic Chemistry. Hooray, classes from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM with no meal break! At least Football Saturday is the next day~~ :)

(I'm already bitching about my schedule even though I don't go to the school yet...)

Also, dude above me, tell me how the Greek Mythology course is; I might want to take that next year lol :)

(Edit: dude two posts below me is a bro too)

Last edited:
Washington University in St. Louis
Junior
Business (Economics / Supply Chain Management specialization)

Major Requirements (12 credits) :
Market Competition and Value Appropriation
Organizational Behavior
Macroeconomics
Public Speaking

Electives / Distribution Requirements (6 credits):
Abnormal Psychology
Culture and Environment (Anthropology Course)

This semester is going to really really suck. My first two years I've had to drop classes second semester due to being out of town at swim meets and division 3 schools not caring about athletics. So, I'm loading up on classes this fall. With swimming, class, and my Work-Study I'll be very very busy during the week. Luckily, Public Speaking, Macro, and my Anthro course shouldn't be extremely work-intensive. I've been enjoying the Psychology coursework I've been taking for most of my electives and am considering getting a minor in that, so I'm also looking forward to Abnormal Psychology. And I'll still be able to go out on Saturday nights at least.

Blackhawk11

one on one
Let's goooo Michigan!!
UM - Ann Arbor
Computer Science
3rd Year

EECS 482: Intro to Operating Systems (design and how they work with hardware, memory, etc)
EECS 477: Intro to Algorithms (not sure why it's called "introduction", I've already done a lot of algorithms and this is a very in depth class...)
Econ 101 to fill requirements/learn about economy. I'm pretty sure it's macroeconomics, but i may be mistaken...
@DetroitLolcat I have the Orgo 210 textbook and I'll sell it to you for cheap hmu

Georgia Tech
1st Year Comp Sci
Freshman Computing Seminar, Psychology, Discrete Math, Object Oriented Programming, Calculus 2

Basically this schedule was my backup one since English and Physics were full. I took Psych because of the hot girls(mmhmm) and Discrete Math because I had to take that eventually.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Carleton University, Ottawa
2nd year Commerce, Finance

Intermediate Microecon: Products and Market Structure
Business Stats 1
Managerial Accounting
Business Finance 1
Business Law

I know my second semester stuff too but w/e (Only monday and wednesday classes lfgi)

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
where are all the artsy fartsies on smogon??

School: Kansas City Art Institute
Year: Freshman
Major: Undecided (Illustration or Animation major idk yet)

Western Art 1
Foundation Studio
1st Year Writing Seminar

it doesnt seem like much but studio will eat a big bulk of my time at 9 credits haha (total 15 credits)
but i have friday off so no complaints heh

I'll be a senior this year. Anyway:

-Numerical Analysis
-Thermal Design Fundamentals
-Computational Fluid Mechanics
-Capstone Design Project
-Fundamentals of Probability & Statistics

Then I have to take two electives: German Fairy Tales and Intro to Asian Civilizations...

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
School: Durham University (England)
Year: Freshman
Major: Economics

Modules (core):
- Elements of Economics
- Economic Methods
- The World Economy

I also have to pick up three other modules. Most likely they'll be:
- Introduction to Environmental Economics
- Introduction to the History of Economic Thought
- [either a Mathematics or Politics module, will have to discuss with department]

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Just a question: Why do some of you have to take subjects or classes about something so wildly different from what you generally study? In Norway, if you choose to study Engineering, Engineering is what you get (apart from one crappy philosophy subject which is mandatory on all universities). I've got statics, maths, some statistics, mechanics of materials, all that faff. History, Economy, Geography and such things are reserved for people who study that. We don't mix subjects to that degree. Why do you? It confuses me.

Just a question: Why do some of you have to take subjects or classes about something so wildly different from what you generally study? In Norway, if you choose to study Engineering, Engineering is what you get (apart from one crappy philosophy subject which is mandatory on all universities). I've got statics, maths, some statistics, mechanics of materials, all that faff. History, Economy, Geography and such things are reserved for people who study that. We don't mix subjects to that degree. Why do you? It confuses me.
$++

The American School system believes in balance. The idea is that you can take concepts/idea/skills that would be normally applied to other majors and apply them to your own. The end result is a well-rounded education.

I don't know how things work in Norway, but in America most students don't have a clear idea what they want to do with their lives by the time they are 18/19. So the justifications I have heard that the American University system lets people explore what they want to do.

So what about the students that know what they want to do from the get go, and actually don't change their major? Well I'm still in college, but I am pretty sure I am going to graduate in this camp. I have seen two paths. Some students don't take their pre-major classes seriously and either fall into bad habits or try to pick up their slack once they actually get into their major. The other path is just accept it, and embrace the how the system runs and try to do well in all the classes you take.

I hope I cleared some things up for you.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm engineering as well. Most of the core classes I take are related to my major, but there's a few that don't seem to make sense. I took a basic economic course last year, but that's supposed to help engineers in the future when they move away from design and into management.

Then again, all the dumb humanities credits are really silly...

Okay I'll say a bit more.

The idea that people need general knowledge as well may fly in high school and even college, but when a university forces roughly 1/4 of your degree to be unneeded but required "extra" it's a big scam that nothing can be done about alone. That's the case here, at least.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
GPA booster++, engineering has no gpa boosters lol also more money for uni because you're forced to stay there longer.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Ah. In Norway, higher education is sponsored by the state. The universities aren't ran like businesses as much, and it's (almost) free for the students. I have to pay a semester fee of approximately $80, but that doesn't go to the university, but rather its student organization. Offering/demanding extra courses to everybody would just be a big expense. I think you can sign up to whatever extra subjects you like (outside of the required ones, NOT replacing them), if you meet the (eventual) requirements. Though, it's not very common to take up subjects far from your field of specialization.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)