Status
Not open for further replies.
The Move:

Fast Guard

Priority of 3
Base Power: --
Accuracy: --
PP: 15 (24 if PP Max is used.)

Blocks all moves with a priority higher than 0 (i.e. fast moves like Mach punch, Aqua Jet, and the like.) May Fail if used in succession.

Pokemon who get it:

Hitmonchan
Mr. Mime
Hitmontop
Chimchar
Monferno
Infernape
Lucario
Dageki
Aaken
Aakeosu
Shubarugo
Kojofuu
Kobaruon
Terakion
Birijion
Kerudio

Brief Descriptions of the new 5th gen pokes who get this:

Dageki:
Fighting
Abilities: Sturdy/ Inner Focus/ Mold Breaker (DW Ability)
75/125/75/30/75/85

Aaken:
Rock/Flying
Ability: Faint-Hearted (or Weak-Kneed; whatever you wanna call it. Halves all stats sans HP after losing 50% of its HP.)
55/112/45/74/45/70

Aakeosu
Rock/Flying
Ability/ Faint-Hearted: Halves all stats sans HP after losing 50% of its health.
75/140/65/112/65/110

Shubarugo
Bug/Steel
Abilties: Sturdy/ Shell Armor/ Dustproof (DW Ability: Negates damage from weather such as Hail.)
70/135/105/60/105/20

Kojofuu
Fighting
Abilities: Inner Focus/ Regeneration (Restores 1/3 health when switching out)
/Reckless (DW ability)
45/85/50/55/50/65

Kobaruon
Steel/Fighting
Ability: Righteous Heart (Raises Attack 1.5x when hit by a Dark-Type move. Negates Damage by that move.)
91/90/129/90/72/108

Terakion
Rock/Fighting
Ability: Righteous Heart (Raises Attack 1.5x when hit by a Dark-Type Move. Negates Damage by that move.)
91/129/90/72/90/108

Birijion
Grass/Fighting
Ability: Righteous Heart (Raises Attack 1.5x when hit by a Dark-Type Move. Negates Damage by that move.)
91/90/72/90/129/108

Kerudio
Water/Fighting
91/72/90/129/90/108

From hereon, discuss!

It could have some use, but several of these pokemon are pressed for moveslots as it is, such as Infernape and Lucario. I could, however, see Terakion use it well, since STAB Fighting/Rock gets great coverage as is.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm quite excited about the move, personally. It has non-existent utility in single battles, but will be a godsend in double and triple battles, especially if it works on Fake Out. I believe that Fake Out and Fast Guard have equal priority, though, so the Fast Guard user will have to be, well, fast.

It might make Flail and Reversal viable in doubles and triples. Priority moves were so widespread in 4th gen doubles that it was usually suicide to use a strategy that required low HP.

Basically shuts down Erufuun (Subseeder with Mischievous Heart: Non-Attacking moves have priority.) but why you'd ever need to do that I don't know
It's a much better Fient. Probably not much use in singles

What's its priority?

To tell the truth, I put the title as it is because when Priority is VERY bad for Archeos, it can be wonderful.

Lemme check. *checks*

Well, yes, but note that Fast Guard isn't an offensive move; It doesn't damage the user of Protect.

To tell the truth, I put the title as it is because when Priority is VERY bad for Archeos, it can be wonderful.
holy shit archeos learns it?
this could change the lead game somewhat (if it still exists at all) with priority being blocked with prediction. However if you mess up you've wasted a turn :/

What's the PP on this? I'm willing to bet it's less than Bullet Punch but just maybe...?

Fingers crossed for Archeos stalling out Scizor

sounds great , just a small question it a long duration move ,like torment, or is it like protect that may fail with consecutive use?
Edit: to post bellow: Thanks for the answer.

So hang, on what does it do exactly?

Is it a move that simply stops the effect of a Priority move? Does it disable the priority move? Does it work like Taunt, shutting down ALL priority moves until the pokemon leaves the field?

I don't understand if it's useful or not. If it stops the use of all Priority moves, a bit like Taunt, I can see it being really helpful.

I'm almost certain that Fast Guard works like Protect (and has the same priority) but only works on moves with higher than 0 priority (Miscievous Heart may or may not be affected by this). It's completely outclasse by Protect in Singles but in Multi-Battles, it guards you entire team from them.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Seems like a useless move IMO. Yes, it will work on the first turn, but priority users can just keep using the same attack over and over again. It's only a matter of time until they get hit by a priority attack. It's a stalling move at best that only postpones the inevitable.

Here's a thought though. What if for this generation, they made it so that life orb damaged the user EVERY TIME THEY USED AN ATTACK REGARDLESS OF WHAT HAPPENS. This means that even if the opponent used protect/detect/etc the user would still take damage. If the opponent has a substitute up they still take life orb damage. This would make Here's a thought though. What if for this generation, they made it so that life orb damaged the user EVERY TIME THEY USED AN ATTACK REGARDLESS OF WHAT HAPPENS. This means that even if the opponent used protect/detect/etc the user would still take damage. If the opponent has a substitute up they still take life orb damage. This would make pokemon who try to stall as a tactic much more successful, instead of accomplishing nothing by using moves like protect. This is my reasoning for changing life orb rules. Every time a creature (whether it's a pokemon or whatever) uses an attack, energy is required to use that attack (in the case of pokemon, some of that energy is lost in the form of life orb damage). Well, it doesn't matter whether the attack hits or not because the attack still requires energy to use (thus, the life orb damage should still occur). Do you guys get what I'm saying here??

My thought is that it would be brilliant to use on a scout pokemon.
Just sayin'.

Or a lead. For example:

Beginning Bird
Archeos@ Expert Belt/ Focus Sash
Wide Guard
Stone Edge
Other
Other

I fail at movesets so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)