Done Favorite Format In Teambuilder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
This is more of a QoL suggestion for mobile than anything, but can be beneficial for non-mobile users too. I also suck with doing titles for stuff, so hopefully the title of this wasn't misleading or bad.

I was planning on making a Gen 5 NU team but came across a problem of trying to find Gen 5 NU in the format popup. On mobile you have to do a lot of scrolling, while on a computer you get a box that is nice to look at. However, even with the nice looking box, it can still be hard to find some formats.

My suggestion would be to add a button to the teambuilder that either instantly creates a team/box for a specific format or it shows a smaller version of the nice looking box (the scroll menu for mobile) with some formats that you can have listed as a "favorite" or some other term. The former has a pro as it doesn't need a pop-up menu, but the latter may be better overall as it would only require one button, as opposed to numerous for the first suggestion.

Where would the button go? Well, (on mobile) there are realistically only 2 spots:
Screenshot_20220120-122454_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220120-123040_Chrome.jpg

The first image shows the top of the teambuilder and the second shows the bottom. The top is already a little clustered, so the bottom area may work fine. However, there may be a third option that could also work:
Screenshot_20220120-123353_Chrome.jpg

In the area where you actually make the team there is a lot of deadspace, a button either under the format that could say "Favorite Formats" or under the "upload to PokePaste" button would work perfectly.

Now, I'm not a person that knows code or anything to do with the layouts of websites, so I'm not too sure if it would be impossible or hard to do because of those sort of limitations. However, I do believe this idea would be benefit a lot of people and would make it easier on everyone to find (mostly oldgen) formats.

Regarding "favoriting" the formats, that's kind of different. I would suggest to add a command that allows you to favorite them, such as "/addfavorite [format]". I can't think of other solutions to this part as it would either require more clickable option in the teambuilder or the nice looking box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)