Fiery Heavens-Ubers Sun team (Peaked #1 PO)

~The Fiery Heavens~
Hello guys,this is Leon,with another sun ho team o_O This is like my last sun ho team atleast till gen 6,and it's a little better than every other sun ho I've made :] It peaked #1 on PO ladder,and had a record of 46-3 on PS! ladder(not that it matters much since the PS! ladder isn't very hard,but still it looks cool!).I also used it in 2 of my battles in POCL(won one and lost other due to critical hax taking down my win condition).Anyways,onto the team :)

Peak:
Team at glance:
Team in depth:

Groudon @ Earth Plate
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
Groudon is the best sun inducer in the tier,and has supreme bulk and physical offense with a good physical movepool.I went for offensive Groudon for 2 reasons.Firstly because it synergizes well with Xatu being able to take Dialga down,the only SR Pokemon Xatu has real troubles with.Secondly,because I have Arceus-Fight to take care of EKA,which is mainly the reason of using bulky Groudon for me here,and Groudon provides a good offensive momentum with this moveset,denting lots of switch ins,and also taking care of Ho-oh more easily,which is a bit hard to handle otherwise.I still have stealth rocks on it because every team needs stealth rocks support in ubers tier,and Groudon already has good coverage just with Earthquake/Stone Edge/Fire Punch.The other moves are self explanatory.Max speed because I need to outspeed most Dialga.

Arceus-Fighting @ Fist Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 158 def / 100 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stone Edge
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover

After seeing some of my friends use Arceus-fight,I got really interested in it and wanted to use it myself.The EV spread lets it outspeed Palkia,and rest EVs are invested in def to tank EKA better.Toxic helps me deal with some stuff like Arceus-Ghost,which can easily setup on me.Recover is good for longevity.Stone Edge makes sure Ho-oh dosen't wall me hard.I used to have twave>toxic on this guy for Mewtwo and Lati@s switch ins and Ghostceus etc,but then changed due to some ppl thinking I'm a twave jerk who relies on hax to win n_n Twave is still not a bad move on it and can help you out a lot at times(it was the idea of my friend AnikRahman,not mine).

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SAtk / 224 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Explosion
- Ice Beam
Ah Genesect <3 My favorite Pokemon to use in the tier,and one of the best revenge killer.I've used it on almost every team of mine.It builds excellent offensive momentum with u-turn,can can revenge kill many things,and also go BOOM! in a pinch vs mons like EKA.Iron head is pretty strong especially with the attack boost and the flinch chance can help you out immensely sometimes.Ice beam takes care of Rayquaza and low health Groudon,and also helps revenge kill a Zekrom that has taken some prior damage and hits SE on some dragons in the tier,which is helpful.Explosion,as I mentioned earlier,can be helpful in hard times vs setup sweepers,and also deals with Ho-Oh(although explosion has become pretty predictable now a days,and some people switch their ghost/normal resist pokemon in vs Gene).It also helps me deal with Deo-A,which can be a trouble otherwise,being able to hit everything for some decent damage(Ho-oh dosen't take THAT much,but it's always nice to be able to uturn it first,and some people don't use psycho boost on Ho-oh switch ins sometimes,so it helps ^^).The EVs let it outspeed 95 base mons,which is all it needs since it can't do much to other Genesect due to the lack of Flamethrower.Flamethrower can be used>explosion to deal with Ferro/Forre/Gene,but I prefer Explosion for the reasons I've mentioned earlier.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sacred Fire
- Sleep Talk
Ho-oh is one of the best offensive pivot on sun teams,being able to hit stuff real hard aswell as being tanking special attacks very well thanks to its gigantic 154 special defense(this is the 3rd time I'm writing stuff about Ho-oh,since it was on my other 2 RMTs,too lol).I chose Choice Band Sleep talk Ho-oh since I needed a sleep fodder on this team to make Darkrai less of a bitch(predicting with Xatu is no fun ;-;).Brave Bird one shots 0hp/0def Kyogre switch ins,and OHKOs/2HKOs almost everything that dosen't resist it.Earthquake does a lot on stuff like Tyranitar and Arceus-Rock,and thus provides a good coverage.Sacred Fire hits like truck in sun,OHKOing almost everything that dosen't resist it,and does a lot even to resists.Sleep talk because it's my sleep fodder mon :] The EVs let it outspeed standard 176 RP Groudon,which is nice.Rest dumped in HP for some nice bulk.

Palkia @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
Palkia is a good pokemon to use on sun ho teams,since it's one of the best Kyogre switch in in the tier,and has good speed,so is p good for revenge killing non-scarfed dragons.It also has an amazing coverage and hits almost everything super effectively in the tier >:O The moveset is pretty self explanatory.Fire blast provides good coverage and always 2HKOs Ferro in rain.Thunder in sun because mostly it's for Kyogre.Hydro pump and Spacial Rend are strong STAB moves and deal very neat damage to everything neutral. Dragon tail is a nice thing to use on Palkia to phaze EKA and CM setup Pokes like Ghostceus.

Xatu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Night Shade
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Roost
You mostly need spinner/magic bounce support with a Ho-oh.I went with Xatu because spinning in the tier is hard thanks to the bulky spin blockers.I've used Espeon with a ho-oh team for a long time,but now I wanted to try Xatu since it seemed pretty good,and ZoroDark once suggested me Eplate Grod+Xatu combination.Xatu stops almost every stealth rock support bar Arceus-Ghost(yeah it's rare,but it can hurt) and Dialga,while being able to stop Ferrothorn,Forretress and Groudon easily with the defense EVs.I'm using thunder wave on it because I don't have priority on my team,and I can't stop Deoxys-S without twave(I know relying on twave to check something is gay,but I have no other choice :c).Uturn for scouting and roost for longevity.Heatwave>Night Shade can be p good as it hurts Ferro/Forre and a Gene switch in.
So this was my sun ho team.It's decent,and can get you a good ladder record etc.
Shoutouts:
AnikRahman for inspiring me to use Arceus-Fight and helping me test
HackHeMust for being an awesome teacher and for helping me test this team.
ZoroDark for giving me the idea of using Eplate Grod+Xatu
Rate/Hate/Steal :]]]​
Importable
Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SAtk / 224 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Explosion
- Ice Beam

Arceus-Fighting @ Fist Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 158 Def / 100 Spd
- Stone Edge
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover

Groudon @ Earth Plate
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sacred Fire
- Sleep Talk

Palkia @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

Xatu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Night Shade
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Roost

Hi there Leon, thanks for the shoutout!

As I have told you before, the idea of the team is quite intriguing, but in practice I'd much rather have some other Arceus-Forme, like Extremekiller. Not much to change to keep the intended structure of the team, I'd use Heat Wave over Night Shade on Xatu to batter Ferro and Forry and Dragon Tail somewhere on Palkia's set to pressure Calm Minders and Ekiller. Good luck!

@Hack,I wanted to use Arceus-Fight,that's why I made this team,but I'll still give EKA a shot(although that makes it totally standard sun ho :x).Dtail is a good alternative and can come in handy at times.I'll use it somewhere on Palkia.Thanks!
Edit:Also,replacing Fightceus with EKA makes me more prone to EKA sweeps unless I go for bulky Grod,which makes it hard for me to stop Dialga ;-;
@Donkey,I mostly try to not let the opp set the rocks up,and Xatu and Grod do a p decent job at it stopping most of the stuff that can lay hazards.Arceus-Fight can toxic+recover stall it and after it dies,Gene can iron head and do a good damage(that all is assuming I have rocks up and Ho-oh dies).I'll try a bulkier variant of Ho-oh,though if I found Ghostceus too much of a pain.

Last edited:
@Hack,I wanted to use Arceus-Fight,that's why I made this team,but I'll still give EKA a shot(although that makes it totally standard sun ho :x).Dtail is a good alternative and can come in handy at times.I'll use it somewhere on Palkia.Thanks!
@Donkey,I mostly try to not let the opp set the rocks up,and Xatu and Grod do a p decent job at it stopping most of the stuff that can lay hazards.Arceus-Fight can toxic+recover stall it and after it dies,Gene can iron head and do a good damage(that all is assuming I have rocks up and Ho-oh dies).I'll try a bulkier variant of Ho-oh,though if I found Ghostceus too much of a pain.
an easy way to make it a little less threatening is Dragon Tail > Thunder on Palkia. helps quite a bit

Bryce

Lun
Why lefties on palkia?I think you're better off running Lustrous or Haban berry.Personally,I find it to be a really underwhelming item on palkia(unless you're running some gimmicky bulky set)I remember facing this team once and ghostceus can really give you a lot of trouble.so i second the suggestion of dtail but over hydro pump.Without thunder,rest talk kyogre will be a pain to kill for this team and hydro pump doesn't really add anything coverage wise and the STAB will often be useless due to sun.Also,not sure if only 1 water resist that can be crippled by predicting the switch and using thunder be enough to keep Kyogre at bay.I would suggest maybe a defensive latias over palkia or a second water resist.Although no reason to change it if you feel comfortable with it.Anyways nice team.

Why lefties on palkia?I think you're better off running Lustrous or Haban berry.Personally,I find it to be a really underwhelming item on palkia(unless you're running some gimmicky bulky set)I remember facing this team once and ghostceus can really give you a lot of trouble.so i second the suggestion of dtail but over hydro pump.Without thunder,rest talk kyogre will be a pain to kill for this team and hydro pump doesn't really add anything coverage wise and the STAB will often be useless due to sun.Also,not sure if only 1 water resist that can be crippled by predicting the switch and using thunder be enough to keep Kyogre at bay.I would suggest maybe a defensive latias over palkia or a second water resist.Although no reason to change it if you feel comfortable with it.Anyways nice team.
Hey,Loskinub! I've been using lustrous kia now,and I found it better than lefties,but forgot to change in the RMT.Water Stab is useful at times like vs EKA switch ins(ppl do swtich into that trying to predict a thunder on ogre/spacial rend on something),but I'll try Dtail over it and see how good it is.Latias would be nice,but I prefer Palkia most of the time because not only it is prone to freeze/crit hax vs Ogre while roost cm'ing it,but also makes me more weak to Ghostceus,which Palkia can catch by surprise with dtail.Thanks for the rate :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)