FIFA 12

hehe

yeah i finally got it after ages of rey pestering me and it is so much better, i often have random defensive lapses which really piss me off so i still havent ventured outside of manager mode too much
Ronaldo* haha see? That's how little I know on the subject.

The last FIFA game I played was FIFA 2001 for the PS1 and boy it was easy, sprint sprint sprint shoot. their kick-off, tackle, repeat.

I played 2012 for the first time at my friends house last night and it was pretty good. Once I got the hang of what to do, I found I was absolutely decimating other teams. Tottenham Hotspurs, won 19-1 against Manchester City :/ maybe I'll start on semi-pro when I get it myself?

But yeah, when I can get a hold of a copy, and after my exams are really over. I will play the shit out of my PS3

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've really only been playing ultimate team this year (got 300 games in it).

You guys recommend I branch out and try some other things.

Also if you think rey complains a lot about hax on mons you should see him complain about fifa handycap.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
ultimate team is the shit. if anyone else plays UT on 360 hit me up with a pm on here or preferably irc for a game

also i agree with the above about rey

edit: oh yeah i forgot to mention that i don't give a shit about irl soccer. that is not a requirement to love fifa

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
handicap totally exists dude

also as for other game modes, i got into virtual pro, you 2 should make a virtual pro so we create a club and rape shit up, its real fun. Basically you make a player, and it gets upgraded if you perform well with it in games in kick off, in pro ranked matches, and doing shit in the arena with it, and then you make a club with your friends and their virtual pros and shit and play other clubs

lets totally make one plz

managers very fun but only if you know irl football and h2h is the basic mode

So, on which console do most of you guys play FIFA 12? Im thinking of buying it (kinda late I know) but I wanna play with some of you guys n__n

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Wait for FIFA 13 imo.
This, it's 'impossible' to defend for 90 minutes. When I play online it feels like a contest of who can score the most goals or else keep 100% possession. If FIFA 12 was real life, Arsenal would win every game.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
This, it's 'impossible' to defend for 90 minutes. When I play online it feels like a contest of who can score the most goals or else keep 100% possession. If FIFA 12 was real life, Arsenal would win every game.
do you use contain a lot?

The last fifa game I played was 04 and I love the improvements they have made since then. Actually being able to aim your cross instead of it being a mini-game that the attacking team always won; removing the goal-keeper freezing bug was cool as well.

But what have they done to penalties?

reyscarface

World Defender
I use it quite a bit, but I find that all it does is turn it into Pass-intercepting-predicting-12, not my favorite thing.
Dont rush, the best way to defend is patience, they eventually get tired. 90% of players just do lb + a to get their players running to the space, its easy to block that and follow his player however.
Skillers are another deal, contain is your best bet here.

Also penalties are easy lol, you press and hold b on the green area, hold it a little bit but not too much, move and hold to what side you want (again not holding too much) bam goal.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Dont rush, the best way to defend is patience, they eventually get tired. 90% of players just do lb + a to get their players running to the space, its easy to block that and follow his player however.
Skillers are another deal, contain is your best bet here.

Also penalties are easy lol, you press and hold b on the green area, hold it a little bit but not too much, move and hold to what side you want (again not holding too much) bam goal.

Yeah, penalties are really easy. Scoring in general is very easy in that if you get a chance, the finishing and other stats of the chance-taker don't matter too much, they can usually beat the keeper.

reyscarface

World Defender
wait til you play david luiz bro, youll shit bricks of how overpowered he is, even when hes just an 82 overall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)