Fire Emblem General Discussion and Help Thread

I've noticed than FEO topic exists, but am appalled that no discussion or thread to help people in the general games exists. Now, I'm quite aware that many people love this series, so I thought it would be best if this topic was made! It's not super competitive as others are, but they do have multiplayer aspects and are, on the general, different for everyone in the characters and such.

Now then, I don't want this to become a simple voting topic, but if you do care to say which FE is your favorite and recommend it to others, feel free to do so with more than a few words.

Other than that, welcome FE fans from across the planet, what have you done FEwise lately?

I'm not exactly sure this thread is valid until the DS remake of Fire Emblem 1 comes out (still scheduled for August 07 in Japan!) but of late I haven't really been doing anything Fire Emblem...ey...

Well, it's about time someone made a general topic. If I were to recommend a Fire Emblem game to someone, it would be FE7 or FE4, those are by far my favorites, although you need an emulator, ROM, and translation patch for FE4. I haven't played FE in a few months, I kinda stopped after beating Maniac mode on FE10. I'd like to ask everyone who their favorite character in the series is. I have a few, but my most favorite would be Wolt and Lyn. Also which FE's has everyone played? I've beaten FE3-10.

Edit: Should this be in the competitive section? Seems more like just discussion.

I'm not exactly sure this thread is valid until the DS remake of Fire Emblem 1 comes out (still scheduled for August 07 in Japan!) but of late I haven't really been doing anything Fire Emblem...ey...
Well, that's not especially far away, and we could easily discuss the previous 10 FEs as well.

Well, it's about time someone made a general topic. If I were to recommend a Fire Emblem game to someone, it would be FE7 or FE4, those are by far my favorites, although you need an emulator, ROM, and translation patch for FE4. I haven't played FE in a few months, I kinda stopped after beating Maniac mode on FE10. I'd like to ask everyone who their favorite character in the series is. I have a few, but my most favorite would be Wolt and Lyn. Also which FE's has everyone played? I've beaten FE3-10.

Edit: Should this be in the competitive section? Seems more like just discussion.
Yeah, I'd recommend FE7 as well, it's just such a good FE intro game. I'd then recommend FE6 to finish up that continent and FE since it's so good. I've personally beaten all the western ones, and 4/6. I'm not done with the others. As for favorite character...hm..I'd say Hector and Rutger are pretty good for me.

And I wasn't exactly sure where to place this thread. It's mainly single player, but 6-8 have Link arenas and these games are unique since they do have tier lists and the characters are comparable between each game.

at the moment i'm playing FE6 and trying to make a strong line-up in the arena at chapter 7 to sweep the rest of the game. i am totally impressed by rutger -- swordsmaster rutger with iron has a solid 30%+ CH rate with iron which enables him to literally destroy enemies in no time at all.

in case someone is interested:
Rutger Lv1 Swordsmaster: Str 20, Skl 22, Spd 19, Lck 7, Def 17, Res 11

i'm also playing FE8 where i'm halfway through the game -- i finished caer pelyn last i played.

and most importantly, along with dak, mekkah, toothache and vincent, i'm playing FE7 on #feto (nobody plays online anymore). we play a chapter, save the game, and pass the save state to another person. no savestates allowed, no arenawhoring allowed, no quitting when a character dies, no acting gay and killing a lord when a character dies. we started with Lyn Hard Mode and are finishing with Hector Hard Mode. needless to say, things are getting harder as we proceed -- chapter 19x had the save file complete two entire circles among the group!

Haha ryu that's pretty awesome. I wish my friends did that with me ;_;

Oh yeah sorry guys by "valid" in my original post I was speaking of the competitive aspect- once FE 11 is released it'll have an online mode akin to Advance Wars: Dual Strike/FETO and it's rumoured to use characters you use throughout the campaign- which means people should be saving up gold for the secret shops and their stat-boosting items.

Damn Ryu, thats one hell of a good Rutger, theres no way he could have that much str and def without being RNG blessed I swear! Kinda reminds me of the best Roy I ever had. None of my friends play FE besides me so I can't ever do multiplayer. I'd play online but I don't seem to have the time to raise another team these days.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is actually probably a better fit for just Internet Renaissance. Might get a bit more exposure there as well. I'd like to keep Competitive Gaming focused more on multiplayerV VS rather than single player games.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ive beat them all several times each, I play them until I used all characters and went through all possible routes, it usually takes either 2 or 3 playthroughs.

favorite characters are L'Arachel (FE8) and Bastian (FE9-10)

Vineon you played 1 and 2? Thats awesome, I can never find those ROMs. Changing the subject over to FE11 for the DS, what do you all think Marths promoted class will be? And what will his stat growths be?

More than likely Marth's growths will remain the same, there's always the Star Orb if you want to boost them and make him uber.

On the other hand, I have no idea what his promotion would be. Possibly Master Lord like Roy (Still can only use swords, +1 movement, but maybe his caps won't suck shit like Roy's)... his animation might change to include the Fire Emblem (which was a shield), and I kinda forget what bonuses the Falchion gave him, if any... so he might get some special... thing... yeah.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Vineon you played 1 and 2? Thats awesome, I can never find those ROMs.

They are not all that hard to find. That said, if you intend to play them, don't expect their fantranslation to be up to par with that of the other fantranslated FE games. And expect a much different gameplay experience. A lot of things were changed from the nes original game for the snes remake. And FE2 is quite unlike any in the serie.

Where did you guys hear Marth would get a promotion on the DS remake?

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why is Sacred Stones so hated? Everyone seems to think it's mediocre, I think it's great.

With that said, I don't agree with the tiers at all; Seth is really good but only because you get him early; his endgame is just meh.

Eirika is horribly overrated; she has a higher str cap but she is slightly inferior to Joshua

Speaking of Joshua, I think he's easily high-tier; 15% crit, high speed/luck, can reach upwards of 60% CH rate, good Str, early appearance (and on an arena level to boot though that doesn't count), starts with Killing Edge.

I like Gillam but you have to kind of baby him to make him really good. You might as well invest a little more in Amelia and get a lot more out of it (the trainees are fucking broken and Amelia is the most broken of them)

Ephraim is awesome though.

Why is Lute considered so good? Artur is clearly better (Slayer is too good, especially in the endgame)

Where did you guys hear Marth would get a promotion on the DS remake?
I guess I figured it was implied, because it wouldn't be the best thing to make him unpromoteable again, that would make him the worst possible Lord in any game, unless he gets like +10 to every stat with the Falchion.

The reason I dislike Sacred Stones is any lack of a challenge and the fact it was just a huge letdown after waiting so long.

Rutger>Joshua

I started out with FE8, then FE9, backtracked to FE7 and last played FE10. I still like FE9-10 the best, not sure why but I just love having powerhouses like Ike and Nephenee.

Anyways I guess my favorites would have to be Gerik, Ike, Edward, and some others

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The reason I dislike Sacred Stones is any lack of a challenge and the fact it was just a huge letdown after waiting so long.
I don't think there was a lack of challenge; there was a lot more abusable stuff (*coughValnicough*), not to mention Seth, but various kinds of abuse has always been in the game. It wasn't the hardest game to get through without any deaths, but I certainly wouldn't call it easy.

I've played FE's 4,6,7,8,9 and 10.

My favorite would have to be FE7 as it was my very first Fire Emblem game. FE6 is a close second because it's a continuation of FE7 and it's fun to imagine what characters could be the offspring of those in FE7. I know it's not canon.

Anyway, I'm almost finished with Hector Hard Mode. Though I think I'm going to take a short break because my Fiora was crit'd by a dumb Berserker (3%) when I was almost finished with the last Kishuna chapter -_-

Has anyone played ChinaFE? I have a file I just started and the enemy units are a bit ridiculous.

I don't think I'll ever be able to get through China FE, it's just too weird with the commands and the way it looks. Aren't the characters you get to use just as good or nearly as good?

The commands do take some getting used to but the green highlighted commands help. The characters you get are good but even they can take some serious damage.

In short it's a sacred stones patch that changes the game completely with a new everything. It's also supposed to be much harder.

I am always up for shared playthroughs, the one I've done with Vincent in FE6 was a lot of fun, and this current one is great though Dak is being dumb with Brawl and holding everyone up.

edit: ok he played now but he did take a damn long time 8)

I'm still dying over FE6 hard mode... every so often when i'm going to finish a stage suddenly a critical happens and bang, he's dead.

Ouch.

I've played FE 7, 8, and the GC one (9?). I guess that makes me a newb, but hey, I've enjoyed myself.
Currently doing a runthrough on eliwood's hard mode, things have been going pretty well. Eliwood's stats have been doing terrible though, that might make the end harder.
Is nino worth powerleveling? I heard her stats were ridiculous, but the commitment it takes to do it at her starting level is... ugh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)