First Gen V team

I haven't played in a long time, but after seeing all the changes (Mew in UU! This still surprises me) I decided to make a team. I'm pretty unfamiliar with the current metagame, especially all the new pokemon. I thought the best thing to do would be to make a team and just jump in, and this ones being doing okay so far.

The general idea is to set up spikes and stealth rock, rack up the damage with phazers and then clean up with Flygon. Works well when I can get the spikes set up.

Roserade @ Leftovers
Calm
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Spikes
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Rest

Roserade usually leads to set up Spikes for the team, which is vital to the strategy, although its obvious what I'll set up spikes so sometimes struggles to do so straight away. Defensive EV spread and Rest (with Natural Cure) make it pretty sturdy, and it can deal with bulky waters and sometimes often other grass types.

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Modest
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Substitute
Fire Blast
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball

With ridiculously high special attack, Chandelure is my team's heavy hitter. I don't like being locked into choice, considering Flygon, my only other truly defensive Pokemon already is. Substitue works well with it to block status and take out. Gets plenty of free switches as a spinblocker, and from the fire attacks that Roserade and Bronzong draw, often able to set up Sub while they have to switch out.
If prefer Energy Ball over Pain Split, as it gives me more coverage, and often takes out unsuspecting water pokemon.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Scald
Rapid Spin
Roar
Toxic

Solid Bulky Water and spinner. Roar works well at racking up the entry hazard damage from Spikes and Stealth Rock, while toxic cripples a lot of bulky pokemon, and adds to the entry hazard damage. Scald can burn physical threats to, but not sure if this conflicts with the Toxic on my team. Roserade can often switch in on the electric/grass attacks it draws to set up spikes if I failed to set up earlier.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
U-Turn
Earthquake
Outrage
Fire Punch

Flygon acts reasonably well as a revenge killer, when they've been weakened by the spikes anyway. U-Turn helps to force switches, racking up the damage. It can also clean up late game when the enemy team has been weakened.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Relaxed
208 HP / 124 Def / 176 SpD
Rest
Sleep Talk
Whirlwind
Body Slam

The Special Sponge of the team. It has great survivability due to RestTalk, and whirlwind also helps to build up spikes damage, and useful for dealing with Stat Boosters and Substitues. Can't touch ghosts though, and paralyse from body slam conflicts with the toxic on this team.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Relaxed
Gyro Ball
Earthquake
Stealth rock
Toxic
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Mainly here for its great typing. With Fire as its sole weakness, it means that it lets me switch to Chandelure quite often. Toxic, like with Blastoise is good for adding to the passive damage on the team, as does stealth rock. Earthquake means I can get Magneton, and Gyro Ball is good for fast sweepers.

Your team looks pretty solid, but might I suggest running scarf or choice specs on Chandelure? To get the sub up you have to bank on them thinking your scarfed and switching because Chandelures speed is SO low. Also uncommon but Azelf trick leads are out there switch Leftovers for Black Sludge on Roserade. This is just me, but I would switch bronzong for Claydol because Claydol can learn rapid spin saying that I would switch blastoise for Swampert so you have another physical attacker better than Bronzong that can learn both Toxic and Roar, and you don't have to worry about pesky Raikou's coming in and forcing a switch to Roserade, unless of course it carries HP grass. But other than that I like your team.

Your team looks pretty solid, but might I suggest running scarf or choice specs on Chandelure? To get the sub up you have to bank on them thinking your scarfed and switching because Chandelures speed is SO low. Also uncommon but Azelf trick leads are out there switch Leftovers for Black Sludge on Roserade. This is just me, but I would switch bronzong for Claydol because Claydol can learn rapid spin saying that I would switch blastoise for Swampert so you have another physical attacker better than Bronzong that can learn both Toxic and Roar, and you don't have to worry about pesky Raikou's coming in and forcing a switch to Roserade, unless of course it carries HP grass. But other than that I like your team.
the problem with running black sludge though is theres a strong possibility that it could get tricked to another one of his pokemon. id stick with leftovers its a safer option.

i agree on the scarf part of chandelure i run one and gets kos simply due to the surprise factor.

also add abilities because are you running thick fat or immunity on snorlax?(im guessing thick fat since you have rest)
but its in the rules, just to be safe add them :P

and toxic spikes on Roserade could work better freeing up toxic on both blastoise and bronzong who could then run icebeam/protect and light screen/reflect, respectfully. just an option if you find that u need additional coverage and/or additional defenses for the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)