ORAS OU First RMT ft Mega-Altaria

Ok so the only reason I'm using Mega-Altaria is because I predicted its existence and I even predicted its unique typing months before it was revealed. In addition it's also generally a good Pokemon.

TEAM PREVIEW

This team is named after One Piece characters because I like One Piece. The expection is Latias who I cannot find a good connection to any One Piece character.

Vivi - Princess of Albasta Kingdom
Tsuru - Ate the Wash-Wash Fruit which literally washes the victim and hangs them out to dry
Musshuru - Is capable of creating and controlling poisonous spores
Whitebeard - Ate the Quake-Quake Fruit, capable you creating Earthquakes and shockwaves
Conis - Greeted the Strawhat Pirates at Skypeia

Vivi
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Serene Grace
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Trick

Vivi is the main answer to Fairy types specifcally Clefable, Sylveon and Mega-Gardevoir. Iron Head is the spammable STAB that often steals games. U-turn works well to gain momentum and Ice Punch is chosen to hit Gliscor and Landorus-T hard as well as other unsupecting Pokemon like Garchomp and Zapdos. Trick will cripple and defensive wall like Blissey and hopefully allow Altaria to switch in safely and set up a Dragon Dance

Latias
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 72 HP/ 184 SpA/ 252 Spe
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Healing Wish

Defog is important on this team as due to U-turn and Volt Switch, Pokemon will be switching in and out alot. Draco Meteor hits anything hard expect Steel and Fair types whilst Hidden Power Fire is important to hit Ferrothorn who is otherwise a problem for this team. Healing Wish is being used Roost to heal the rest of the team that can otherwise not heal themselves. Max speed is a must to outspeed Landorus-T and kill it with Draco Meteor to stop it setting up Rocks.

Tsuru
Item: Chesto Berry
Nature: Bold
ABility: Levitate
Ev's: 248 HP/ 216 Def/ 44 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-0-Wisp
- Rest

Rotom is the main physical wall of the team. It will burn anything that dares to stand against it such as Mega-Gallade, Mega-Metagross, Landorus-T and Garchomp. Chesto-Rest has been testing very well as it is more reliable than depending on the opponent to have high HP with Pain Split and it also rids of nasty Status like Bad Poison

Musshuru
Item: Focus Sash
ABility: Technician
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

The whole idea of Breloom is to put something out of action with Spore and then damage anything hard that trys to switch in. Every attack on this moveset gets a boost from Technician. Breloom is also probably the only Pokemon that can take on Azumarill on this team provided. It is important for Rocks to be cleared on the field so Breloom can switch in and make the most of its Focus Sash.

Whitebeard
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Landorus has one job and that is to get Stealth Rock on the field and try to keep it there once the Defogger on the opposing team is taken out. Rocks is a must as this team forces switches alot. U-turn works well with Rotom and Jirachi to keep momentum. Knock Off is great to hit Psychic types and to hit things in general, specifically Rotom-W on the switch.

------>

Conis
Item: Altarianite
Nature: Adamant
ABility: Natural Cure --> Pixilate
EV's: 64 HP/ 192 Atk/ 252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

The main sweeper on the team. Usually Late Game to clear up the scraps left by the rest of the team. Return is the main STAB and Earthquake is to hit Heatran and other Steel types just in case the were not taken care of by Landorus. Roost is important to keep Altaria healthy. Thinking of running Heal Bell is cure Altaria of status as well as the rest of the team and it also works well once Rotom has used his Chesto Berry.

I like this team! It looks like it could be a little Bisharp weak (Defog, Intimidate on Lando, etc) and a little fairy weak, so you'll have to keep Breloom and Jirachi around (respectively) for those threats. I don't see any glaring issues with the team though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)