ORAS OU First RMT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I am very new to this forum, but I thought perhaps to try one of these out.
I care alot about the design of a Pokémon, often so much that I neglect actual usefulness.
These Pokémon were chosen by design, then sets were constructed around them.
Well, here is an OU no mega team. Perhaps I can get some help here. :)

(EDIT: I've added a small note to each Pokémon explaining the set. Sorry for missing that!)

Milotic (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam
Milotic is here to either return stall, such as Chansey, or to throw a burn at physical sweepers.
As the most defensive member of the team, he takes a few hits, and hands over the appropriate status condition according to the situation. It is a conventional set, but has certainly been shown to work competitively.
Kingdra (F) @ Razor Claw
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Focus Energy
- Dragon Pulse
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Ground]
This Kingdra is made to make the most of it's Sniper ability. Send it into a physical attacker, it takes a hit, set up Focus Energy. Since it deals with physical attackers easily, scald is here to burn them while we're about it. HP ground is a response to problems I faced while trying out the team. The steel type weakness was giving me too many losses, and I needed more than Chandelure alone.

Chandelure (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 156 HP / 156 Def / 16 SpA / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower
Chandelure is a simple Will-O-Wisp Hex set with flamethrower for reliable STAB and Energy ball for coverage if necessary. Since EQ is so common, the Air Balloon should let her get at least one move in if the situation is dire.
Gardevoir (F) @ BrightPowder
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 124 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Attract
- Moonblast
Gardevoir is a bit of a troll. First Syncronising the set up status condition thrown at it, then Attracting the male opponent.Psychic and Moonblast for STAB, Shadow ball for the ghost types, if necessary. Although this set isn't particularly great, it seems to have had some success.

Froslass @ Focus Band
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
Froslass is the Lead. Throwing out as many layers of spikes before destiny bonding it's way out of there. Toxic for any stalling leads, and ice beam in case Froslass has to actually fight.
Mienshao (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
Mienshao starts off with Fake Out (very predictable though). It can them wither Drain Punch to recover any lost HP, Poision Jab the Fairy threat, or U-turn to make the most of his Regenerator ability. Because of the constant switching he is subject to, Mienshao is often left as the last standing among the team. The only problem left is Gengar...

Advice would be much appreciated! :)

Last edited:
Hey, you should read the rules before posting a RMT thread. They can be found here. Your thread might get locked because you aren't abiding the rules.

Good luck!

My first review of a team; wish me luck! So the first thing that really stands out to me is just how many of your Pokemon are actually UU; in fact, there's only one that fits into OU only, that one being Gardevoir. So the first thing I would suggest is taking out Gardevoir and making your team UU instead. Trust me, I've tried UU Pokes against OU, it doesn't normally end too well for me. Moving on to your other Pokes, I like the Milotic; pretty standard overall, but it is standard for a reason. I run a Milotic with Competitive just to throw people off guard, because oftentimes people expect a standard Milotic like yours, so they try to avoid status at all costs. I would also want to replace Toxic with Dragon Tail, because since you already have scald to get a burn, a poisoning move is rather useless. I use Dragon Tail so Milotic doesn't become setup bait, but otherwise, it looks good. Next up is Kingdra. I see where you're going with the crits, so I might want to run Night Slash because of the nice crit chance. Also, Kingdra should be a physical attacker, so I'd scrap the special set (HP ground?) and go for a dragon dancing set, making those crits even more devastating. Chandelure looks pretty good, I'd suggest putting Fire Blast in over Flamethrower, but I do see the logic in your choice. Moving on, Froslass, all I'm going to say is, "that better be a lead," because if it is, then it looks good. Last but not least is Mienshao, and my only suggestion here is replace drain punch with hi jump kick. Regenerator provides good enough recovery, and while it stinks to miss, and how Ghost types can be a pain, Mienshao should be more of a late game sweeper, so make sure that all ghost types are gone before going for the move. Overall, your team looks decent, a big ghost type weakness, but decent. I hope this helps, and feel free to comment on anything I missed!​

My first review of a team; wish me luck! So the first thing that really stands out to me is just how many of your Pokemon are actually UU; in fact, there's only one that fits into OU only, that one being Gardevoir. So the first thing I would suggest is taking out Gardevoir and making your team UU instead. Trust me, I've tried UU Pokes against OU, it doesn't normally end too well for me. Moving on to your other Pokes, I like the Milotic; pretty standard overall, but it is standard for a reason. I run a Milotic with Competitive just to throw people off guard, because oftentimes people expect a standard Milotic like yours, so they try to avoid status at all costs. I would also want to replace Toxic with Dragon Tail, because since you already have scald to get a burn, a poisoning move is rather useless. I use Dragon Tail so Milotic doesn't become setup bait, but otherwise, it looks good. Next up is Kingdra. I see where you're going with the crits, so I might want to run Night Slash because of the nice crit chance. Also, Kingdra should be a physical attacker, so I'd scrap the special set (HP ground?) and go for a dragon dancing set, making those crits even more devastating. Chandelure looks pretty good, I'd suggest putting Fire Blast in over Flamethrower, but I do see the logic in your choice. Moving on, Froslass, all I'm going to say is, "that better be a lead," because if it is, then it looks good. Last but not least is Mienshao, and my only suggestion here is replace drain punch with hi jump kick. Regenerator provides good enough recovery, and while it stinks to miss, and how Ghost types can be a pain, Mienshao should be more of a late game sweeper, so make sure that all ghost types are gone before going for the move. Overall, your team looks decent, a big ghost type weakness, but decent. I hope this helps, and feel free to comment on anything I missed!​
Thanks so much for the advice!
You really have great insight. I hadn't read the rules before (or realized there were any), so I've now added the few lines of description to each individual.
Many of your predictions are very right haha
HP ground was added because of my many losses to the steel types Bisharp, Skarmory and Heatran. Not the most logical choice, you're right.
I'll try to make some of these changes in future! :)

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

PS : Descriptions like these : "Although this set isn't particularly great, it seems to have had some success." are not acceptable, no one is dumb. Your descriptions have to have genuine content to help the raters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)