First Smogon Rmt [OU]

This was a team I pretty much made up on the spot and just edited it until it works. It works pretty well at the moment and has won 5 of its last 5 battles.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Sand Veil
252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly

Earthquake
Roost
Taunt
Stealth Rock

Tyranitar's weaknesses to the common fighting and ground moves are solidly covered by Gliscor and Tyranitar also complements Gliscor well also with Sand Veil giving me a free turn to hit Scizor or Metagross before they switch out. Sand Veil has actually saved me a number of times, winning me the battle once or twice also.

This is a solid pokemon for the team working in conjunction with Tyranitar and Scizor to Taunt slower pokemon and switching to Scizor for Pursuit or Tyranitar for a free Sub. Gliscor is my first switch in to Blissey, Breloom and Celebi, as well as combatting Hippowdon, Bronzong and Skarmory leads with little risk.

This is a brilliant lead winning a majority of matchups against common leads, taunting with its speed as well as setting up Stealth Rocks. I will probably go with Stealth Rock even though I have had great success in the past with Uturn and a skarmory later in my lineup.

The only leads this loses to are swampert + suicide leads. I can simply switch to Rotom to burn for Swampert and Tyranitar combats Suicide Azelfs nicely. Suicide Lead Aerodactyls have become quite uncommon due to Scizor's popularity but if I encounter one they usually Taunt while I switch to Scizor. They then just try to Stealth Rock (not sure why) while I Bullet Punch them. Basically if Glsicor can't beat the other lead it doesn't stay in and I will switch to the appropriate switch in.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sand Stream
252 HP/228 Atk/28 Spd
Brave

Substitute
Stone Edge
Crunch
Flamethrower

This was an invention of mine based on the pursuit weaknesses my team intentionally has. Even though most of the time this a negative aspect of teams sporting ghosts/psychics it really goes a long way to have a sort of back up plan for the extremely common CB Scizor or Scarf Tyranitar. I just come in on pursuit, sub and smash the switch in and switch if necessary. I might need wish to sustain it a bit longer throughout the match but I don't really know where to fit that on the team.

The moveset is based on a little bit of thought towards my coverage. Instead of Focus Punch I opted for Stone Edge (a STAB Stone Edge does the same as Focus Punch), and instead of the standard Dark Pulse Crunch was my preferred option due to Latias' entry into the OU metagame. Now I going to go for an all physical Subtar, but the Steel counters are more physically oriented in terms of defence so I chose Flamethrower to hit pokemon like Scizor/Metagross/Skarmory.

This also breaks stall extremely well and works wonders with a Taunt from Gliscor making it uncommon for me to eat a burn or poison in the face while switching in.

Tyranitar works together extremely well with Rotom-h, who provides a solid check to the Metagross/Scizor switch ins that Tyranitar have a hard time dealing with unless it already has a Sub up, and it also provides Pursuit bait which I use to get a free Sub as the choiced Pursuiter has to inevitably switch out.

There are a few problems with bulky waters I have so that's another reason why Rotom must remain in this team. I opted not to take Thunderbolt though as Stone Edge downs Gyarados and Crunch beats up Starmie so its use would be really limited.

Some Damage Calcs I've recently done show how effective this is and justifying my move choice (Brave w/228 Atk/0 SAtk):

• Stone Edge vs. Salamence (4 HP/0 Def) = (87.35% - 103.61%) (OHKO with Stealth Rock)
  • Stone Edge vs. Gyarados (4 HP/0 Def) = (88.55% - 104.82%) (OHKO with Stealth Rock)
  • Stone Edge vs. Gyarados (252 HP/0 Def) = (74.62% - 88.32%) (92.31% to OHKO with Stealth Rock)
  • Crunch vs. Latias (108 HP/0 Def) = (96.95% - 114.02%) ( OHKO with Stealth Rock or Sandstorm)
  • Flamethrower vs. Scizor (248 HP/8 SDef) = (92.13% - 108.45%) (OHKO with Stealth Rock)
  • Flamethrower vs. Skarmory (252 HP/0 SDef) = (52.69% - 62.28%) (2HKO)
  • Flamethrower vs. Forretress (252 HP/212 SDef Careful) = (76.84% - 90.40%) (15.38% chance of an OHKO)
  • Flamethrower vs. Forrtress (252 HP/0 SDef) = (111.86% - 132.20%) (OHKO)
  • Flamethrower vs. Lucario (4 HP/0 SDef) = (62.41% - 73.76%) (2HKO)

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Levitate
252 HP/64 Def/192 Spd
Timid

Thunderbolt
Overheat
Will o wisp
Substitute

Rotom is an invaluable team member providing support to both Starmie or Tyranitar - either of whom may make a sweep late game as well as checking many commonplace pokemon such as Skarmory, Scizor, Lucario (haven't seen one since I started playing again!) and Metagross. This also loves to act defenceless to Pursuit pokemon such as Tyranitar as they switch in to Pursuit me, burning them, nullifying them for the rest of the game and making it pretty much dead weight.

Rotom was originally here to complement Tyranitar with its Pursuit weakness as well as providing a solid switch in to frequent aforementioned Tyranitar checks Scizor/Metagross. Running the amount of Speed EVs I currently have on Rotom is so I can outrun the Adamant Scizors that are ever so common (1 used Night Slash! wtf? lol).

Among other pokemon that this is a check to I rely on Rotom to beat Bulky Waters. Bulky Waters are just about the only pokemon that Tyranitar cannot straight out beat (but Stone Edge does smash them around a lot to the point where it will be significantly weakened).

I used to use Pain Split>>Substitute on Rotom but Substitute allows to complement Starmie really well by burning common Scarf Tyranitars that plague Starmie.

Rotom is really valuable and he is pretty much the most important member of the team so his position on the team is pretty much non negotiable.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
240 SAtk/16 SDef/252 Spd
Timid

Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover

As it stands I could probably just make Star jokes and puns all day because really this needs no explanation. Who doesn't love the Starmie absolutely clobbers everything with Hydro Pump even supposed checks? This is really fast and smashes non DD and Scarf (lol) mences with Ice Beam. This is also my only means of checking Infernape so I really need to keep this alive until I know it's gone but honestly the only Infernapes I've seen have been leads.Starmie is also a really nice Heatran check just as long as it isn't by any random Explosions.

This is my late game sweeper most of the time so really the team operates around making his sweep easier in the late game. In particular the desired partners are Rotom-h and Heatran for their work in taking down the Starmie checks that are Tyranitar, Blissey and Scizor at full health. If my prediction is on this makes sweeping a teama significant deal more easier.

the reason I can rely on Starmie to sweep late game as opposed to any other sweeper is that Starmie doesn't have to worry about any random burns or paralysis. He can just switch out and his prospects of sweeping late game don't go down at all. Natural Cure on Starmie is the bomb. Honestly one of the best utilizers of this ability, as previously mentioned, Stramie doesn't have to worry about random status. This also means it's a nice status absorber.

It really needs the 16 SDef EVs prevent a 2HKO by Scarf Heatran's Fire Blast so that I can OHKO it back with Hydro Pump. Without the EVs and Hydro Pump I really have problems with Heatran. But that calculation only works if the opponent doesn't have Stealth Rock up so I'm sort of in trouble anyway.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Timid

Fire Blast
Earth Power
Hidden Power [Grass]
Explosion

I used to run a more defensive Heatran to take down pokemon such as Zapdos, Rotom-A and Jirachi. I have recently changed the set to the Life Orb Heatran to better complement Starmie and help it ultimately win the game for me.

For the four moves chosen for Life Orb Heatran I used the standard Fire Blast and Earth Power but instead of using Hidden Power [Ice] or Dragon Pulse I went for Hidden Power [Grass]. This helps me with the bulky water problems that Sub Tyranitar can occassionally have as well as taking down Swampert (who is always a big bitch).

The lack of a dragon does make me a bit nervous as Salamence and Latias are very common switch ins to Heatran but with the later inclusion of Scizor into the team I am covered a bit more in that respect.

Part of Heatran's job is to remove Blissey to make it easier for Starmie to sweep later in the game which is the reason that Explosion is the fourth move. By Exploding on the Blisseys and Latias' that commonly switch into Heatran I can make everybody's job much easier at the small loss of Heatran but meh, Heatran did his job well.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef
Adamant

Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Superpower
Pursuit

Scizor was a late inclusion into the team at the recommendation of another rater. This helps me deal with my slight Starmie/Gengar weakness and beats Dragon Dance Salamence who has previously plagued many of my teams. as the last pokemon on the team, Scizor is also the glue that holds the team together.

Scizor is obviously really common for its Technician Bullet Punch and many people abuse this aspect but do not use it properly. I usually UTurn early game to scout for switch ins and checks and where down the popular Rotom-A. Only do I use Bullet Punch if I am about to be swept by a Dragon Dancing Salamence or Dragonite. I rarely ever use the other two moves but if I sense a Blissey switch in it could win a game for me without me having to resort to Heatran's Explosion based on prediction which I could get wrong.

The Heatran weakness that Scizor inevitably has is not fully remedied by the other members of the team. Tyranitar, a pretty solid check, does not carry a super effective but if a Heatran switches in I will probably go to TTar to threaten Earthquake from Scarftar and instead Substitute. The other Heatran check, Starmie, is very shaky and not really bulky.

EX POKEMON:

Metagross @ Leftovers
252 HP/40 Atk/216 Spd
Impish

Meteor Mash
Ice Punch
Rest
Sleep Talk

Replaced by Scizor.

Status of the RMT: I have finished the pokemon descriptions, and have yet to calculate for good EV spreads to make my pokemon's respective jobs easier. I have yet to make an appropriate intro/conclusion. I will include a team building process once everything else is completed.

I probably won't include a threat list as it just makes everything look a bit too cluttered.

So would you care to Rate My Team!

Just max out Speed on Gliscor. This will ensure that you outspeed all opposing Gliscors to Taunt first and prevent the foe from setting up Stealth Rock. 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe.

Gengar and Starmie are definitely the threats this team doesn't want to encounter while playing. Life Orb Gengar and Starmie can potentially OHKO / 2HKO your whole team with relative ease especially with no sort of Speedy revenge killer or Pursuiter. In order to solve this issue, I would reccomend using a Choice Scarf Tyranitar which is able to check Gengar and Starmie thanks to it's access to Pursuit and it's ability to outrun both of those threats with it's Scarf. It also provides a safer Latias check as the extra Speed is crucial in this case. Just use Stone Edge | Crunch | Pursuit | Earthquake with a Jolly Nature and 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe.

Resttalk Metagross is not the best Salamence check as it barely survives a +1 Earthquake. If it's not at full health, it will be unable to take an EQ after a Dragon Dance. Instead of Metagross, I'm going to reccomend using a Swords Dance Scizor as Bullet Punch will provide a good priority move and makes up for the lack of pure Speed on this team. Since Scarf Tyranitar already has Pursuit, you don't need a Choice Band Scizor. Swords Dance Scizor has excellent wall breaking abilities and it can revenge kill Salamence with Bullet Punch no matter how many Dragon Dance it gets. Go for: Swords Dance | Bullet Punch | Superpower | Roost or Bug Bite with a Life Orb and 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe.

Finally, I noticed that Starmie, Rotom-H and Heatran have good synergy together to pull off a successful Starmie sweep. The most used Starmie check in the metagame today is Scarf Tyranitar. If you use Substitute on Rotom-H, you can effectively lure in Tyranitar and burn it with Will-o-Wisp when behind a Substitute to cripple it for the rest of the match. Also, I would reccomend using a Life Orb Heatran with Fire Blast / Earthpower / HP Grass / Explosion and 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe. With this set, you can deal with Swampert sufficiently easier and with Explosion, you lure in Blissey and explode on it which puts Starmie in a position where it can effectively outright sweep on his own. You don't really need a Resttalker as you have a Ground type to absorb Thunder Waves and a Steel type to take a Toxic as well as Starmie with Natural Cure. With Scarf Tyranitar now on the team, Rotom-A, CM Jirachi and Zapdos are easily handled so a defensive Heatran set is dead weight.

Good Luck

I think I will use your gliscor spread as other gliscors are becoming quite common at least for me.

I think I will just test subtar with cbzor>>restalk metagross as the surprise value is nice.

I will use sub on rotom. I'll use test lo heatran as well. Thanks for the rate.

Any more rates please?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)