ORAS OU First Team in over 2 Years

Hey guys,

I took a break from pokemon for like 2 years and have just come back and made a team roughly based on the last RMT I did. It seems solid so far but its a fairly exploitative strategy and not sure how well it'd fare 1500+ (at like 1450 atm), wondering if there's any tweaks I could make going forward. Here's the team with brief explanations;

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt

Same set as my last team, does the same thing, offensive lead. Leads like 70% of games, OHKOs ferro, hits a lot of things hard, still reasonably bulky. Super exploitative mon. People have suggested recovery to me but the offensive coverage is the whole key to this set, plus its outsped by most of its threats.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Defensive wall. Very good defensive core with Rotom. Don't need to explain what it does, you all know. Back and forth between rocky helmet and lefties, I don't think the value ingame is that different.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Bulky stall breaker. Sets up on a lot of stuff, hits like a f*****g truck. Takes knock offs really really well, walls a lot of stuff from great defensive typing. Without setting up still hits a lot of threats to this team hard such as weavile and mega gardevoir.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 29 Spe
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump

Not much to say other than that it has great synergy with Lando. Speed lowered to get off slow volt switches vs other rotoms.

These three mons make a really nice balanced core imo. All defensively strong, all hit hard in right situations, all cover eachother's weaknesses nicely

Originally this team had life orb Entei and dd Gyara, but I felt these were big weaknesses in the team and I never really found mons that synergised well. Originally I was going for a theme of uncommon sets going hyper exploitative, decided to rein that in a bit and go for some more common mons.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

My favourite pokemon in the OU meta atm. Almost always ends up being my win condition. Adamant life orb OHKOs so many things you wouldn't necessarily expect it to, and I don't think jolly achieves much in terms of speed tiers especially with value of speed reduced for this mon because of sucker.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Tailwind
- Defog

Plugged the last gap nicely. The team without this has a lot of trouble with amoongus and mega venusaur, strong fast psychic type is almost mandatory for that reason alone. Lati takes the edge over other stuff mainly because of nuke draco - ends up being a fantastic revenge killer. Considered switching to Latios but I think that we don't sacrifice much in terms of poker and the bulk works well with a balanced team. Originally ran healing wish over tailwind but tailwind + life orb adamant bisharp late game usually = win.

Any thoughts guys? I've tried to stress balance with the team, taking a more game theory based approach to the teambuilder (potentially taking this too far, it's just a game :D) and we have some issues come from that. It's a conservative style without being stall. My first thoughts are higher up the ladder switching clefable out for something that better players can't deal with as easily, like specs Keldeo or something. Thanks in advance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)