ORAS OU First Team Mega Gardevoir Offense

Hey I'm very new to competitive battling having started around 3 weeks ago and I must say that while the learning curve is deep I'm also having a lot of fun. I have made a few teams when I started but none of them worked really well so I decided to start from the ground up and do it the right way this time.

Rule 34 (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

I built this team around Mega-Gardevoir because I always felt that it was one of the best designed Megas and I like special attackers. I run a very standard set that I use a late game sweeper once its threats have been KO'ed or weakened

Reptar (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Tyranitar is here as a pursuit trapper to get rid of psychic types such as Latios and Latias and to, a lesser extent, Gengar and Starmie. It's other main job is getting rid of strong flying types that threaten M-Gardevoir such as Talonflame and M-Charizard Y. I use a very standard Scarf set and it's been working real well for me so far.

Aladdin (Thundurus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Given M-Gardevoir's sub-par speed tier I needed something to cripple fast Pokemon that threaten to KO it. This is the 3 attacks + thunder wave set but I run leftovers instead of life orb because I mostly use him to cripple/get rid of one or two targets that are imminent threats for my team.

Texas Pete (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Next up I needed something to check the steel types that threaten my team and to check certain stalling Pokemon. I don't really have much else to say about that.

Turbo Shark (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

I needed a reliable SR setter that could also dish out decent damage so Garchomp seemed like the best option. This is the Tank chomp set that works really well against physical attackers that greatly threaten my team thanks to the Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin combo. Dragon Tail is there because is very disruptive against set up sweepers like that like to switch in.

Bluekichu (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Finally I there is Azumarril to check Ground types suck as Excadrill and Landorous-T. My main use for him is as a revenge killer and as a emergency check for certain Pokemon such as Starmie and Latios thanks to knock off.

Well that's all everyone I hope you enjoyed reading and I'm looking forward to everyone's suggestions.

Hi there, solid team you have. Although, something you lack is a hazards removal, as stacks of entry hazards could prove to be quite troublesome if you can't always taunt with heatran.
To combat this, I'd replace your Azumarril with Starmie. A standard analytic life orb set lets you catch switch ins, as well as still hitting both other Starmies with thunderbolt, and the Lati twins with ice beam. Here's the standard set i'd use;

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Might also want to consider using substitute on mega gardevoir instead of will-o-wisp, just gives you some more opportunities to deal some heavy damage. But, either one works.
Best of luck!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)