Battle Spot First time building a team, need some constructive criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 28 Def / 116 SpA / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

I've always liked Scizor so I wanted to build a team around him, I would like to lead with Scizor if the match up is favorable but I have U-Turn to get me out of bad situations.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

According to smogon strats, Stealth Rock Garchomp is a really good partner for Mega Scizor for setting up sweeps and taking some hits for Scizor.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Again from smogon strats, Latios pairs perfect with Mega Scizor. With Draco Meteor being its STAB but also having a water attack to deal with fire pokemon.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave

I figured I'd make something bulky to absorb some hits in case i needed to U-turn out, plus with Thunder Wave I can provide some support to my Scizor which I've heard gets out sped most of the time.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 24 Def / 188 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

I've read that U-turn and Volt Switch go really well together. I really don't know why else I chose this guy lol

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

I didn't know what else to add for my 6th member so I decided to add Kang, just in case if the match up is totally unfavorable for Mega Scizor, I have another sweeper for backup.

This is my first team I built and each Pokemon was completely copy and paste from Smogon Strategy's. ANY input would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. I want to get more into competitive battles. Thank you.

I'm sorry, but what kind of descriptions would you like? If you were wondering how I built my team, it was just basically googling websites like these http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/scizor/ and picking a format and choosing a strategy I would like to employ. As far as teammates , I chose from the recommended team options given off that website. This team I built for Battle Spot Singles. Like I said, I'm sorry. I just got into Pokemon less than a month ago. I've read up on some basics but still very foreign to the competitive scene. I thought I'd just start off with my favorite Pokemon which is Scizor and build a team around him. If I completely botched this team I wouldn't be surprised lol. I would still like input for building a strong Mega Scizor team for Battle Spot Singles. Thank you.

I'm sorry, but what kind of descriptions would you like? If you were wondering how I built my team, it was just basically googling websites like these http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/scizor/ and picking a format and choosing a strategy I would like to employ. As far as teammates , I chose from the recommended team options given off that website. This team I built for Battle Spot Singles. Like I said, I'm sorry. I just got into Pokemon less than a month ago. I've read up on some basics but still very foreign to the competitive scene. I thought I'd just start off with my favorite Pokemon which is Scizor and build a team around him. If I completely botched this team I wouldn't be surprised lol. I would still like input for building a strong Mega Scizor team for Battle Spot Singles. Thank you.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-rules-resources-required-reading.3534875/

There's not much wrong with the team but if you don't test it and know where it may be going wrong it will be tough to help you.

Also this section is good

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/battle-spot.265/

Gotcha, I have tested the team on Pokemon Showdown before. I have noticed that I was running into trouble with steel types but that could be because I'm not choosing my three Pokemon right. That is something I do need to work on is choosing which Pokemon to send into battle from my opponents lineup. What exactly should I be looking for in terms of finding flaws in my team during the simulation? Also too, just from looking at my team, who would be a potential good lead? Or will that all be situational?

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I'll have to lock this for the time being as your descriptions are lacking and not up to the standard required by the RMT rules. You need to provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain your choices and their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at other RMTs and the RMT archive to see the detail and format we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)