First time building Battling team! Advice would be great! Rate my team?

Good or Bad?

• Total voters
This is the team I have on my Pokemon X game. Jolly for my mamoswine would be ok, but i feel as if Adamant would do me better! Overall I feel like i lack sweepers with speed. Could that be a problem?

Edit : I'm running basically a full Atk team... could that be a major problem?
This team was one that i was able to leech out of my Pokemon X game. I'm barely starting to play competitively so your advice and tips are greatly appreciated :D.

Edit Edit: I finally got my hands on a good ditto for breeding! so any pokemon suggestions that would go well with this will be great!
Pretty much any advice in general!! Thanks in advance!

Metagross
@ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

POwer hitter, great coverage for ice and some fairy type. Metagross has good def and hp, so in worst case scenarios i plan on bringing him in to take a punch then hit back hard!
EQ for the coverage, Zen for poison Pokemon.

Mamoswine
@ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge

The ability (thick fat), hp and attack seen within this swine lured me towards him! He can take the fire attacks and hit back with EQ as an answer! the stealth rock is for the field support, Ice shard to take care of drags (especially dragonite and salemance), and stone edge for the flying coverage.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Toxic
- Giga Drain

By all means i just feel like i have to play venusuar as a mega. Thick fat is just too good to pass down in my eyes. Pretty much running a stall set. While the toxic ticks, i heal up with leech seed and synthesis for those major damage attacks.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic

Man, this bird has saved me multiple times from stall team and or support pokemon. Pretty much ruins their game once they're taunted. The toxic hits them stronger the longer they are on the field so i could just heal right up if they try to take her out with roost. Foul play hits hard for those Swords Dance Dragon dance Pokemon, especially with the defense to back it up!

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 Spd / 252 Atk / 252 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Dragon coverage! The weakness policy kicks in and just makes him hurt! With stacks of DD as well, the speed and damage that this guy can do is great! I can simply heal right back up to full health with roost and continue to sweep!

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Morning Sun

Having a little trouble finding a good set for this guy. I've so many sets before this one... and for some reason i just can't let go of Morning Sun. I feel as if my Pokemon need a health regaining attack in their set. The Flare Blitz hits hard with the life orb, so does the recoil, so morning sun will just get him back in there! The extremespeed is used for a cleanup ... just in case my 1st pokemon doesn't kill the opponent. Close COmbat for the fighting weakness Pokemon.

Last edited:
I don't understand your EV spread on Venusaur. You've invested 252 into attack...and your Venusaur uses no physical moves. You should invest either into special attack or one of 'Saurs defenses (considering your nature and chosen moves, the latter might be better) because at the moment you're wasting 252 EVs.

Also, be sure to write at least three lines of information for each member of your team telling us why you chose them, what their role is and what they don't do so well. It helps for a better rate! :)

EDIT: Also, I see you've invested 252 HP into each pokemon. Is there a specific reason for this? Dragonite and Arcanine could benefit from investing those EVs into speed instead.

Thanks for the reply!
Oooops that was a typo or something i forgot to edit. The 252 ev spread on Venusuar should be invested on Def, since he's bold nature.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm new to the site and comp battling itself, thanks for letting me know!

You think so? My mind set of many things tend to lean towards bulk and sustain. I have a force of habit of obtaining pokemon with a lot of hp or durability. I fear that my pokemon will simply get OHKO without the health haha... I guess it's just a matter of experimenting. I do agree though, my team is definitely lacking sweepers.

about that venusaur mega, I think seed- draining is enough, you probably won't need that synthesis anyway, care about slapping sludge bombs instead?

That sounds better. I've been in situations where i get taunted and Gdrain is the only way to go. That would help get the stale mates out of the way and plus get rid of others.

Also, would possibly adding a Sp A dealer in my team be good? I feel like other than Venusaur, i'm running a full Atk team.

Maybe a Goodra to replace the Dragonite?

Thanks for letting me know!

Oh wow, man that's exactly what I need. I thought rapid spin was the only thing to remove field effects!
I'll definitely take that in effect!

If you want to have more defence on you team, I suggest this set for Arcanine:

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Or you can replace him for an Assault Vest Entei.

Man I would love to run that set.
I use flash fire so that he could take the fire attacks and throw it back to the opponent. In this case, it would help him stay in the game longer

Man I would love to run that set.
I use flash fire so that he could take the fire attacks and throw it back to the opponent. In this case, it would help him stay in the game longer
That's a good option, but Intimidate really helps him be a stud physical tank, especially if you can get a burn off too.

i see, He should be able to take the heavy fire attacks as well. Plus i can always set something up then morning sun.
true,So you would recommend Defense than SpDef?
Def would help with EQ (But would probably OHKO him o:)
and SpDef for water moves (Scald Hydro)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)