first uu team

ok so this is my first uu team. i think that it is alright and i wanted yalls opinions on it. thank you to everyone who helps

octillery @ wide lens
ability: suctions cups
evs: 252 att/ 252 spd/ 6 hp
docile does nothing
- gunk shot
- rock blast
- waterfall
- bullet seed

i gave it wide lens for the horrible accuracy on gunk shot and it helps out on rock blast also.

Drifblim @ ???
ability: unburden
evs: 252 hp/ 124 def/ 124 spdef/ 12 spatt
serious does nothing
- baton pass
- substitute
- shadow ball
- swagger/ explosion

this is my set up for my hitmonchan. i don't know wether or not to use swagger or explosion. swagger confuses them and give my substitute a better chance of living. explosion is just a strong attack.

probopass @ ???
ability: sturdy
evs: 252 spdef/ 252 spatt/ 6 hp
modest ( + spatt, - att )
- earth power
- flash cannon
- stealth rock
- block

my special wall. it has stealth rock to hurt things that switch in and to draw out the rapid spinners. block to stop people from switching out to things that counter me.

sunflora @ wise glasses
ability: solar power
evs 252 spatt/ 252 spd/ 6 hp
hastey ( + spd, - def )
- solarbeam
- sludge bomb
- grasswhistle
- leechseed

my special attacker. wise glasses with solar power and stab along with solar beams base attack puts a great dent into any pokemon. grass whistle helps by putting people to sleep and letting me get off my leech seed or letting me switch in a counter to the opponents pokemon

Claydol @ HEat rock
relaxed nature
252 def 252 HP

Sunny day
Trick room
Earthquake
Explosion

Ok. To set up for sunflora, here's the plan. FIRst turn, use sunny day. Second, use trick room. If the foe is water type or grass type, switch directly to sunflora. If they aren't and are a threat to the team, use explosion. Then, sweep the team.

hitmonchan @ choice band
ability: iron fist
lonley ( + att, - def )
- mega punch
- thunder punch
- ice punch
- focus punch

my favorite pokemon on this team. it comes in on drifblims sub. then i use focus punch and it hits hard. for the things that focus punch doesn't effect or if not very effective against, i have thunder punch, ice punch and mega punch.

thanks again to everyone that helps.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For probopass, I'm curious why sturdy instead of magnet pull unless you're more concerned about OHKO moves such as walrein or lapras' sheer cold

Octillery could use an adamant or Jolly nature. Girafarig would be better suited as timid or modest. Hitmonchan doesn't want a -Def nature. Generally, I'd look for good natures and abilities before considering the IV's

ok so this is my first uu team. i think that it is alright and i wanted yalls opinions on it. thank you to everyone who helps

octillery @ wide lens
docile does nothing
- Gunk shot
- Ice Beam
- Octazooka
- Fire Blast

i gave it wide lens for the horrible accuracy on gunk shot and it helps out on rock blast also.

Drifblim @ ???
ability: unburden
serious does nothing
- baton pass
- Calm Mind
- shadow ball
- Thunder Bolt

this is my set up for my hitmonchan. i don't know wether or not to use swagger or explosion. swagger confuses them and give my substitute a better chance of living. explosion is just a strong attack.

probopass @ ???
- earth power
- Stone Edge
- stealth rock
- Charge Beam

my special wall. it has stealth rock to hurt things that switch in and to draw out the rapid spinners. block to stop people from switching out to things that counter me.

sunflora @ wise glasses
hastey ( + spd, - def )
- Energy Ball
- sludge bomb
- grasswhistle
- leechseed

my special attacker. wise glasses with solar power and stab along with solar beams base attack puts a great dent into any pokemon. grass whistle helps by putting people to sleep and letting me get off my leech seed or letting me switch in a counter to the opponents pokemon

girafarig @ focus sash
ability: early bird
evs: 252 spatt/ 252 spd/ 6 hp
docile does nothing
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Crunch

sunny day is to set up my sunflora. focus sash makes sure that i get off the sunny day or another attack. shock wave is to make sure that i always can hit a pokemon.

hitmonchan @ choice band
lonley ( + att, - def )
- Bulk Up
- EQ/Stone Edge
- ice punch
- Sky Uppercut

my favorite pokemon on this team. it comes in on drifblims sub. then i use focus punch and it hits hard. for the things that focus punch doesn't effect or if not very effective against, i have thunder punch, ice punch and mega punch.

Ok. Try this:

SUNflora @ Wise glasses/Miricle Seed
Quiet nature
252 HP 252 satk 6 def

Energy Ball
HIdden POwer FIRE
LEaf StORm
ENdeavor

THen, you have a support poke like this:

Claydol @ HEat rock
relaxed nature
252 def 252 HP

Sunny day
Trick room
Earthquake
Explosion

Ok. To set up for sunflora, here's the plan. FIRst turn, use sunny day. Second, use trick room. If the foe is water type or grass type, switch directly to sunflora. If they aren't and are a threat to the team, use explosion. Then, sweep the team.

Otherwise, send in this threat.

Octillery @ Expert Belt/life orb
Quiet nature
252 satk 252 Hp

flamethrower
ice beam
energy ball
surf

Octillery is a total beast in trick room. It can hit a kabajillion types for super effective. It is better on the special side than the physical. IT uh... sweeps.

I don't know if drifblim can trick room, but if it can, you could calm mind up and then trick room, then pass to it for extra cheapness. I suggest claydol over giraferig. Make something else the lead, like drifblim or hitmonchan.

i have no idea what shoddy is and don't feel like learning. and i need help not you telling me that i have no good pokemon. these are just the pokemon that i have now. i know that it sucks which is why i put it on rate my team for help.

to the person that actually helped me thanks i will try that out

Dont be a douche man, you're the one who wouldn't breed for magnet pull, shoddy is how you get good at pokemon, because you can try out whatever you want, make changes to your team within minutes, not hours of breeding. If you don't know what shoddy is then you need help, and him pointing it out was a nice thing to do. And if you want help with your team then you must be able to accept when people tell you your pokes suck.

i have no idea what shoddy is and don't feel like learning. and i need help not you telling me that i have no good pokemon. these are just the pokemon that i have now. i know that it sucks which is why i put it on rate my team for help.

to the person that actually helped me thanks i will try that out
Shoddy is a Pokemon Battle Simulator that lets you build and test teams within minutes.... wow that was really tough to learn.

You put it on RMT for us to rate. You said you know it sucks. Well we are telling you to rebreed since that is basically one of the most important things in wifi battling (having the best natures and Iv's)

This is a RMT for competitive battling. If you use a Modest CB Heracross people are going to have to tell you to use a better nature seeing as the main point of competitive pokemon is to win.

Now a person a few places up quotes your whole team and made changes, he just didnt bold them. (which is why you were confused)

Octillery IIRC is special based, not physical based. So you would be better off using a special set.

If you aren't going to use this team to win then keep it as is, but if you want to win then you have to breed for better natures, and use better movesets (Bullet Seed on Octillery = phail)

Shoddy is a Pokemon Battle Simulator that lets you build and test teams within minutes.... wow that was really tough to learn.

You put it on RMT for us to rate. You said you know it sucks. Well we are telling you to rebreed since that is basically one of the most important things in wifi battling (having the best natures and Iv's)

This is a RMT for competitive battling. If you use a Modest CB Heracross people are going to have to tell you to use a better nature seeing as the main point of competitive pokemon is to win.

Now a person a few places up quotes your whole team and made changes, he just didnt bold them. (which is why you were confused)

Octillery IIRC is special based, not physical based. So you would be better off using a special set.

If you aren't going to use this team to win then keep it as is, but if you want to win then you have to breed for better natures, and use better movesets (Bullet Seed on Octillery = phail)

Shoddy's also great for people who are building a wifi team. You try the team out on shoddy, and then if its good you spend the time to make the team for wifi. Or if it doesn't, then you go back and make a new team. Its a hell of alot better than spending your weekend to breed the so-called "perfect team" and then finding that it sucks.

That's what I use it for. Plus, Hidden Power is a drag to bred, where as on shoddy, you change it with a click of a button. Makes Raikou and Scarfgar alot funner(<--not a word) to use.

Now, to the team

octillery @ wide lens
evs: 252 sp.Att/ 252 spd/ 6 hp
Modest
- gunk shot/thunderbolt
- flamethrower
- surf
- Energy Ball

i gave it wide lens for the horrible accuracy on gunk shot and it helps out on rock blast also. Never use a neutrel nature. Just bad. Octillery is useless as a physically IMO. Special covers waaaay more. Isn't gunk shot special anyways?

Drifblim @ any boosting berry/Leftovers
ability: unburden/Aftermath
Calm
- baton pass
- substitute
- shadow ball/Calm Mind
- hypnosis/Calm Mind

this is my set up for my hitmonchan. i don't know wether or not to use swagger or explosion. swagger confuses them and give my substitute a better chance of living. explosion is just a strong attack.There you go with the neutral natures again. if you want to stick with unburden, give him a berry. if you want lefties, switch to aftermath.
Calm Mind is her best pass, but if its to hitmonchan, use hypnosis.

probopass @ leftovers
- earth power
- flash cannon
- stealth rock
- block

my special wall. it has stealth rock to hurt things that switch in and to draw out the rapid spinners. block to stop people from switching out to things that counter me. This is pretty bad but I'm not gonna say anything, because I've never used one. Lefties.

sunflora @ Choice Scarf/Focus Sash
hastey ( + spd, - def )
- energy ball
- sludge bomb
- grasswhistle
- leechseed

Sunfloras suck. The only thing this will every be good at is putting a pokemon to sleep, and pokemon like butterfree do that better. If you still want to use it, give it Focus Sash so that it can survive once (sparring rocks). OR, you can give it choice scarf which gives it just enough speed to outspeed those nasty magikarps...-_-
Switch Energy ball, because sunflora won't last two turns anyways.

I'd seriously consider switching this thing out for Vileplume, Bellosom, or Metapod. -_-

Claydol @ Leftovers
relaxed nature
252 def 252 HP

Light Screen
Rapid Spin
Earthquake/Gyro Ball
Explosion

Ok. To set up for sunflora, here's the plan. FIRst turn, use sunny day. Second, use trick room. If the foe is water type or grass type, switch directly to sunflora. If they aren't and are a threat to the team, use explosion. Then, sweep the team. Why would you take up one slot just for sunflora. Seriously. If your gonna have relaxed, you might as well have gyro ball, but EQ is fine. The EV's should be tweaked, but I don't want to go find them (can't remember them of the top of my head)

hitmonchan @ Life Orb
adamant ( + att, - def )
- mega punch
- thunder punch
- ice punch
- focus punch

If your gonna get a pass, then I wouldn't put Choice Band so you don't get a force switch. I don't like Mega Punch, but I don't really remember what hitmonchan can learn :O Maybe Bullet Punch.

I didn't take the UU threats into consideration much. I was just typing. get your pokemon straight and then ask for some help.

Shoddy's great, just try it.

To above poster

Gunk Shot is physical. It is listed on the CB Arbok set as one of its stab moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)