ORAS UU First UU Tier Team (Mega Beedrill Late Sweep)

Hi y'all! This is my first UU Team. I've played mostly OU but my friend said that UU is where it's at. Less overpowered pokes and more complex battle situations. It was a no-brainer after hearing him go on and on about it. So here's my first team! It's been doing fairly well, but constructive criticism may reward me in the long-run! I'll try to be as descriptive as possible while going through each team member.

Beedrill (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Beedrill is my late game sweeper. He checks and outspeeds M Sceptile and after I've withered down my opponent's team through hazards and status afflictions, Beedrill comes in and cleans up.

Arcanine (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat

Arcanine serves as a decent pivot and wallbreaker. I decided to give it Intimidate and a tiny bit extra bulk so that it can tank a physical hit and serve as a powerful suicide attacker. I've been able to take Blissey down fairly easily with this monster after it's been rendered useless by my next Pokemon.

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Sableye is probably my team's most useful Pokemon. I almost always lead with this thing and it's able to sit there and take advantage of my opponent. It can taunt anything that wants to set up hazards or stat boosts while crippling physical attackers like Lucario.

Chandelure (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

Chandelure is my revenge killer. It also serves to absorb any fire type moves to get the flash fire boost and possibly sweep if it's late enough in the game. It also works as my spin blocker, but I try not to bring it in on Tentacruel or Donphan unless they've been crippled or have low HP for me to take them out after blocking the spin.

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Empoleon is one HELL of a wall and has awesome defensive synergy with Chesnaught. Empoleon puts a stop to Pokemon like Sylveon who want to come in and try to Hyper Voice for free. After Empoleon tanks the hit, he can set up rocks and I've been able to keep Roar shuffling my opponent's team to take advantage as well.

Chesnaught (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch

Chesnaught is another one of my Pokemon who can take on physical hits even from Swampert while just putting up Seeds and stacking my hazards. He can also 2HKO Lucario with Drain Punch and dish damage back out thanks to Rocky Helmet.

Any constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Howdy howdy, so I looked at your team man and you have a lot issues that I need to go over with you. I see what you were trying to do and it seems you have a basic idea of how spike stacking works, however in building it you seem to have ignored the UU meta and ruined some of the main concepts of stacking. To be clear with you:
  • You lack any actual form of dealing with mega aerodactyl, conkeldurr, heliolisk, sceptile, hydreigon etc etc
  • You seem to be running two spin blockers with a defogger so I cant tell whether you wanted to keep hazards up at all costs or just get rid of them.
  • Some sets were a little weird.
-I honestly had to sit here for some time trying to piece together what we can do to fix some of these issues so to start off ill shuffle some sets around since ill be changing a few mons:

Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

• Ill be switching empoleon around to try and remove defog to the optimal move in rapid spin for hazard stacking teams. So to try and make up for this we can use this sp.def arcanine set to aid sableye from sylveons and any other faries pressure. willo wisp is standard status spread and the bulk allows you to sit in on some waters like defensive pert to simply burn it.
-After that I noticed we already have a ghost and chandelure didn't offer so much to the team since bee was already taking care of speed control and this was just some more aero bait. So instead we could do this:
----->

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere

• Toise gives you decent hazard control with rapid spin without removing your own hazards, it also gives you another check to aero which you were severely lacking. The coverage I chose based on how your team dealt with mons in the meta like cress which you had ways of dealing with in sableye+sp.def arc+beedrill. Also just a note to you I noticed you had 4hp on your chandelure which you shouldn't place since it lowers the amount of times you can switch into stealth rocks. The speed on toise allows you to outspeed jolly crawdaunt which can do some serious damage.
-Next I wanted to give you a way of directly dealing with aero and that was by removing empoleons role and separating it into blastoise+cobalion:
------>

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

• Alright with this you get rocks and another win condition in SD coba while also fixing your horrid aero match up. This also allows you to punish mons trying to defog on you since coba SDs on most defoggers or at least heavily damages them. This also gives you a way to revenge lo dreigon which otherwise crapped on you even with sp.def empoleon since it could just as easily dark pulse you on switch in then super power.
-Last change I wanted to add was the move on your chesnaught:

Chesnaught (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed ->synthesis
- Spiky Shield
- Wood Hammer

• By adding wood hammer chesnaught is capable of successfully beating gyarados as you are able to break its sub and spiky shield on the turn it drops with bounce. This also allows you to check pert a lot better since you wont just be eating an ice punch then him switching out. To be honest your team lacks a cleric so its probably a lot better to run synthesis>leech seed here but its entirely up to you dude.
Alright overall that should fix most of your issues but a lot of mons will still be a pain in the ass like crocune but if you play around it right you should be fine. Good luck with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)