First Warstory (Insert Pun Here)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Hello, this is the first Warstory I've done. I've wanted to do one for a while, but I think i finally found one good enough. There will be some hax later in the match, but to be honest, I don't really think any of it made a difference. I hope you like it!

Pwnemon vs. Zeus2938

My Team:

Opponent's Team:

The Battle

Battle between Zeus2398 and Pwnemon started!
Tier: Dream World OU
Variation: +13, -18
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

So I see his team and, since about 80% of the time, my opponent refuses to change his lead, I mull over my options for Tran counters. My first thought is just to let Sableye at him, but after taunting to prevent the inevitable Stealth Rock, there really isn't anything it can do. I could use Espeon to keep it on the offensive, but I prefer to switch Espeon in on an unsuspecting foe to get a status condition or SR up for my own team. Flygon can handle Heatran, but those in the lead spot always carry a Balloon, so I'd be forced to U-turn anyways, and unlike Vexatious over there I don't like being thrown into blind move predictions. So, I decide to send in Roobushin. If I do that, I can either OHKO it with my banded Drain Punch or switch to Espeon if I predict a Stealth Rock.

Pwnemon sent out ConkleDURP! (Roobushin)
Zeus2398 sent out Heatran!

(100%) vs.
(100%)

It appears my prediction was correct. My opponent sends in his lead as I show my disdain for Roob's English name. Now I'm more glad that I chose what I did- The fact that there was no Balloon message combined with the fact that he has Gigalith on his team, an ample Stealth Rocks user, lead me to believe this is a scarf almost Anti-Lead set Heatran. If I'm correct, by far my best option for a move is to take the inevitable Fire Blast, return with a Drain Punch KO, and get most of my health back.

Start of turn 1
The foe's Heatran used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Pwnemon's team!
ConkleDURP used Drain Punch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Heatran lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Heatran had its energy drained!
The foe's Heatran fainted!
Zeus2398 sent out Rankurusu!

(100%) vs.
(100%)
6-5

Frack. I knew Shuca Heatran were still around, but they were so few and far between I failed to even consider it as an option. While on the bright side I did manage to shift the battle in my favor without taking a scratch, he got Stealth Rocks up while I now won't have them up for the rest of the battle. To make matters worse, he just sent in Reuniclus, and the three-attacking kind with Calm Mind is a real pain in the arse. My best option is to send in Sableye and Taunt it to stop Calm Minding, then slowly whittle it to death with Shadow Sneak. Not the best case scenario ever, but it's as good as I can manage.

Start of turn 2
Pwnemon called ConkleDURP back!
Pwnemon sent out Sableye!
Pointed stones dug into Sableye!
The foe's Rankurusu used Calm Mind!
The foe's Rankurusu's Sp. Att. rose
!The foe's Rankurusu's Sp. Def. rose!
Sableye restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(93%) vs
(100%)

He does as I expected, going for the Calm Mind as I send in Sableye. The Stealth Rocks damage as it comes in is a painful reminder of my misplay early in the battle. This turn is simple. I go for the Taunt to stop it Calm Minding more, and if I get disturbingly lucky, then I can hopefully cripple any switch-in.

Start of turn 3
Zeus2398 called Rankurusu back!
Zeus2398 sent out Gigaiasu!
Sableye used Taunt!
The foe's Gigaiasu fell for the taunt!

(100%) vs.
(100%)

So it appears I got disturbingly lucky and that Rankurusu was a TR variant. This takes so much weight off my shoulders, because now Sableye can wall it without a second thought. Sadly, this is an attacking variant of Gigalith, most likely choiced, so the Taunt was a waste of a turn. My Sableye now grins maliciously as it gets to fulfill its main purpose in a battle- spreading burn like Santa Claus.

Start of turn 4
Sableye used Will-O-Wisp!
The foe's Gigaiasu was burned!
The foe's Gigaiasu used Rock Blast!
Sableye lost 48 HP! (15% of its health)
Sableye lost 52 HP! (17% of its health)
A critical hit!
Sableye lost 100 HP! (32% of its health)
Hit 3 times!
The foe's Gigaiasu is hurt by its burn!

(42%) vs.
(87%)

I don't feel like running calcs but even a Gigalith with burn shouldn't be doing that kind of damage to my precious so I'll assume it's banded. I'm not exactly sure what I thought I was going to be doing this next turn, but I go for the Recover to stall burn, even though this thing is doing more than 50% health. I assume that eventually he'll get a low roll with his Rock Blast, but it doesn't come.

Start of turn 5
Sableye used Recover!
Sableye regained health!
Sableye lost 46 HP! (15% of its health)
Sableye lost 49 HP! (16% of its health)
Sableye lost 51 HP! (16% of its health)
Sableye lost 48 HP! (15% of its health)
Hit 4 times!
The foe's Gigaiasu's taunt ended!

(30%) vs
(75%)

Sorry if the calcs get messy here for Sableye's damage, he'll be taking hits a lot so it'll be a bit hard to keep track. Either way, I'm not willing to eat another Rock Blast no matter what the circumstances, and, being fairly sure this guy has a Band, I'll switch to something which can take these hits like a pro.

Start of turn 6
Pwnemon called Sableye back!
Pointed stones dug into ConkleDURP!
It's not very effective...
ConkleDURP lost 19 HP! (5% of its health)
ConkleDURP lost 18 HP! (5% of its health)
Hit 3 times!

(79%) vs.
(62%)

Just as I expected. His Gigalith goes for a third Rock Blast to finish my Sableye and my Roobushin takes them like they were nothing. Even with 4 Speed, Roob should be outspeeding this Gigalith, so Drain Punch would be a logical option to get back my HP... but I don't think that my opponent is very stupid, so he may switch to Rank to take it. Even if he doesn't feel comfortable sending out Rank on my Drain Punch, he has that Golurk in the wings. Both of them are probably one-shot by Payback, and even if he keeps in his Gigalith as fodder, it won't be doing much damage with a burn. Weighing my options, I go for Payback.

Start of turn 7
ConkleDURP used Payback!
The foe's Gigaiasu lost 20% of its health!
ConkleDURP lost 18 HP! (5% of its health)
ConkleDURP lost 21 HP! (5% of its health)
ConkleDURP lost 21 HP! (5% of its health)
Hit 3 times!

(64%) vs
(30%)

Played the fool yet again. While I now see that my prediction of a Choice Band was correct, he outpredicted me and saw the payback coming. Either that or foddered his Gigalith since it has burn anyways. Whatever it was, it'll take another turn and more damage to my Roobushin to take down this Gigalith, and while I do have a Flygon in the wings to take this Rock Blast, I'd simply prefer that Roobushin do the honors because it's bulkier and I'll save on Stealth Rocks damage. With this turn, the game will become 6-4 in my favor.

Start of turn 8
ConkleDURP used Payback!
The foe's Gigaiasu lost 22% of its health!
ConkleDURP lost 20 HP! (5% of its health)
Hit 3 times!
The foe's Gigaiasu fainted!

(49%) vs.
(100%)
6-4

The Reuniclus again. I know he's trying to use it to bait out my Sableye so he can kill it, but I don't want to over predict again. My Roobushin is a vital member of my team, and I don't want to continue on without it. Knowing that Sableye can perfectly wall his Reuniclus anyway, I take the bait.

Start of turn 9
Pwnemon sent out Sableye!
Pointed stones dug into Sableye!
The foe's Rankurusu used Psychic!
It had no effect!

(26%) vs
(100%)

There's only one real thing to do here. He's going to switch out, but I need my Sableye to live. Having no real options and not being a fan of wild prediction, I just go for the Recover to gain me some HP.

Start of turn 10
Zeus2398 called Rankurusu back!
Zeus2398 sent out Rotom-F!
Sableye used Recover!
Sableye regained health!

(82%) vs
(100%)

Rotom. These can be a real pain, in fact, it's one of the main reasons I started running an electric resist. However, before I jump the gun and go to Flygon, it could be a defensive Rotom with Will-O-Wisp, and, more importantly, the ability to change moves. Flygon is not a fan of blizzards. To scope it out, I decide to Taunt it and see what it does.

Start of turn 11
Sableye used Taunt!
The foe's Rotom-F fell for the taunt!
The foe's Rotom-F used Thunderbolt!
Sableye lost 129 HP! (42% of its health)

(46%) vs
(100%)

Okay, it's definitely a scarf variant. It didn't do enough damage to possibly be specs, and it didn't go for a status move, so it isn't defensive. If I had one third of a brain, I would go to Flygon right now and Stone Edge it to death. Sadly, though, I make the one major misplay of the entire battle and decide to use Will-O-Wisp. I need to cut my addiction to burning things before I wind up in jail.

Start of turn 12
Sableye used Will-O-Wisp!
The attack of Sableye missed!
The foe's Rotom-F used Thunderbolt!
Sableye lost 142 HP! (46% of its health)
Sableye fainted!
Pwnemon sent out Flygon!
Pointed stones dug into Flygon!

(93%) vs.
(100%)
5-4

Here's the Flygon I told myself I would use last turn. I have two options here. Option One is that I use Stone Edge. This is only a good option if he has a non scarf Rotom and goes for the blizzard. In that case, Stone Edge would probably KO that thing, bringing the score to 5-3. However, if I don't KO, then I lose Flygon, my only Electric or Ground resist on the team. That would be a very bad circumstance indeed, and the Stone Edge Accuracy theorem states that the more you need Stone Edge to hit, the less likely it is to hit. Furthermore, if this is a Scarf variant, then U-turn would be the better option no matter what because he'll switch and I can scout. There's not much debate here. I go for the U-turn.

Start of turn 13
Zeus2398 called Rotom-F back!
Zeus2398 sent out Heracross!
Flygon used U-turn!
The foe's Heracross lost 14% of its health!
Pwnemon called Flygon back!
Pwnemon sent out Espeon!
Pointed stones dug into Espeon!
Espeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(93%) vs
(86%)

I'd say I predicted a Scarf variant from this Heracross as well, but that would imply that there's more than one kind of set for Heracross. I went to Espeon to lure him into a Scarf'd Megahorn, and so far, this guy seems to play the simple route and bank on his opponent's overprediction, so I'm going to counter the simple way and go to my 4x Bug resist.

Start of turn 14
Pwnemon called Espeon back!
Pwnemon sent out Genesect! (Genosekuto)
Pointed stones dug into Genesect!
Genesect's Download activates!
Genesect's Attack rose!
The foe's Heracross used Megahorn!
Genesect lost 111 HP! (39% of its health)

(48%) vs
(86%)

I've been accused of having a Genesect fetish in the past, but there's not much this guy can't do. I run a bit of a quirky set, with Nitro Charge to boost my speed and three attacks. I assume this guy will predict a scarf Geno and make a switch to something that resists Flamethrower. On his team are Rotom, Golurk, Rankurusu, and of course Heracross. He won't be going to Rotom, so I can assume either Reuniclus or Golurk. They're both countered very differently, so my best option as of now is just to go for the Speed boost and see where it takes me. With any luck, I can just sweep the rest of his team with Genesect.

Start of turn 15
The foe's Heracross used Megahorn!
The attack of the foe's Heracross missed!
Genesect used Nitro Charge!
It's super effective!
The foe's Heracross lost 56% of its health!
Genesect's Speed rose!

(48%) vs.
(30%)

Well that was interesting. I don't know why he'd want to fodder his Heracross, (Or maybe he was trying to catch me off guard by switching up his play style) but now I've got the speed advantage on all of his Pokemon as well as an almost dead Heracross. Sure I got a little hax there, but it doesn't end up mattering in the long run.

Here's the other major misplay of this match. Had I stopped to really think out this turn here, I would have gone for the Ice Beam, as it puts every one of his pokemon in OHKO range save his Rotom, which he wouldn't switch in given how safe he plays. Instead, in a rush of instinct, I just go for the Nitro Charge to kill the Heracross. I have this weird obsession with not letting my opponents know my sets for as long as possible. Like you couldn't guess that Geno would carry BoltBeam.

Start of turn 16
Zeus2398 called Heracross back!
Zeus2398 sent out Goruggo!
Genesect used Nitro Charge!
The foe's Goruggo lost 22% of its health!
Genesect's Speed rose!

(48%) vs
(78%)

So there's that Golurk I was looking for last turn. Looks like my opponent decided that Heracross deserved to live after all. I'm not too worried, though, Ice beam from 252 SpA EV's should kill a Golurk with 80% health, right? Right?

Start of turn 17
Genesect used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
The foe's Goruggo lost 67% of its health!
The foe's Goruggo used Earthquake!
Genesect lost 137 HP! (48% of its health)
Genesect fainted!
Pwnemon sent out Flygon!

(87%) vs
(8%)
4-4

Well ain't that a bitch. Apparently that Golurk had just enough health to survive and take out my rather frail Genesect with an Earthquake, tying up the score. Well. Kicking myself, I send in my Flygon yet again, as it can OHKO with a U-turn if he doesn't choose to switch, or if he does I can switch to the appropriate counter. My god, every move my Flygon has used is U-turn, I'm turning into Vexatious.

Start of turn 18
Zeus2398 called Goruggo back!
Zeus2398 sent out Rotom-F!
Flygon used U-turn!
The foe's Rotom-F lost 28% of its health!

(42%) vs.
(71%)

Normally, I rage fairly hard at the Rotom forms no longer being Ghost Type, especially Rotom-W, as it becomes indubitably hard to take down. However, I'll let it slide in this one instance as Roob is a great Banded Mach Punch revenge killer, even without the Guts Boost. In fact, I think I'll do that right now- something tells me he's going to go for the kill instead of switching to Golurk.

Start of turn 19
ConkleDURP used Mach Punch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Rotom-F lost 71% of its health!
The foe's Rotom-F fainted!
Zeus2398 sent out Heracross!

(42%) vs
(30%)
4-3

Bam. That worked perfectly as planned, but I'm afraid that even though Genesect did 55% with its Nitro Charge, Roob may not be able to KO this Heracross. I'm almost certain my opponent will be going for the Close Combat over Megahorn. If I'm able to get some Defense drops with CC, Mach Punch should be able to take this thing out. So I'll switch to something that isn't going to be helping me at all in this battle.

Start of turn 20
Pwnemon sent out Vaporeon!
Pointed stones dug into Vaporeon!
The foe's Heracross used Close Combat!
Vaporeon lost 250 HP! (53% of its health)
The foe's Heracross's Defense fell!
The foe's Heracross's Sp. Def. fell!
Vaporeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(41%) vs
(30%)

So I was right, he went for the Close Combat. Vaporeon took a hurting from it, but I don't really care- he won't be doing anything at all against a Rank, Golurk, or Rotom. Still I go for the protect to get lefties recovery, more out of habit than necessity.

Start of turn 21
Vaporeon used Protect!
Vaporeon protected itself!
Vaporeon protected itself!
Vaporeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(47%) vs
(30%)

Yeah, he stayed in. Not much to say here, just let Vaporeon fulfill his noble cause and die.

Start of turn 22
Vaporeon lost 214 HP! (46% of its health)
The foe's Heracross's Attack rose!
The foe's Heracross's Defense fell!
The foe's Heracross's Sp. Def. fell!
Vaporeon fainted!

(36%) vs
(30%)
3-3

And the battle once again ties up, 3 to 3. I send in Roob for the sure Mach Punch revenge kill against his -2 Heracross. The end of this battle is definitely in sight with his near death Heracross and Golurk- If I can weaken his Rankurusu, Flygon should be able to sweep him with Outrage. First, though, I may as well knock out this obstacle.

Start of turn 23
ConkleDURP used Mach Punch!
A critical hit!
The foe's Heracross lost 28% of its health!
The foe's Heracross fainted!

(36%) vs
(8%)
3-2

Woot. And with the most useless hax in the world, I regain my slight lead in this battle. I'm very tempted to send in my Flygon against this Golurk to take the probable Earthquake, but it has less than stellar defenses, and a poor prediction by me could lead to it being taken out by a Heavy Bomber or DynamicPunch. My safest route would be sending in Espeon to die and getting a free switch to my Flygon.

Start of turn 24
Pwnemon sent out Espeon!
Pointed stones dug into Espeon!
The foe's Goruggo used Earthquake!
Espeon lost 221 HP! (81% of its health)
Espeon fainted!
Pwnemon sent out Flygon!

(81%) vs
(8%)
2-2

Quite the game of Tug-of-War. However, I have the rest of the battle in my hand if I get lucky. If I U-turn this turn, he can either switch to Rank or stay in. If he stays in, he dies. I then send in Roob, Payback Rank, let it die, and win with Outrage. If he switches to Rank, then I send in Roob anyways. I payback Rank like I plan, and it almost dies. Psychic destroys my Roob, I send in Flygon and sweep him. The only possible wrench in my plan would be if that Rankurusu did Trick Room on my Roobushin. Then, it could Psychic it for the kill, and I would send in Flygon. He would kill me then with Psychic.

This is a real mind game. If I outrage, and he doesn't switch, he'll win. If I outrage and he switches, I win. If I U-turn and he switches, he wins. If I U-turn and he doesn't switch, I win. Holding my breath, I press a button.

Start of turn 25
Zeus2398 called Goruggo back!
Flygon used U-turn!
It's super effective!
The foe's Rankurusu lost 31% of its health!
The foe's Rankurusu restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(30%) vs
(75%)

Looks like it's game, kudos to my opponent. I'm going to get killed by Trick Room here, but I may as well do the Payback anyways. There's no other option.

Start of turn 26
ConkleDURP used Payback!
It's super effective!
The foe's Rankurusu lost 45% of its health!
The foe's Rankurusu used Psychic!
It's super effective!
ConkleDURP lost 93 HP! (26% of its health)
ConkleDURP fainted!
The foe's Rankurusu restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Pwnemon sent out Flygon!

(75%) vs
(35%)
1-2

What? I'm not sure whether that was a misplay or this is the oddest Reuniclus set ever. Surely it doesn't have Shadow Ball, as it switched out on my Sableye. Too relieved to ask, I click Outrage for game. GG, Zeus.

Start of turn 27
Flygon used Outrage!
A critical hit! (Lol more useless hax on my part)
The foe's Rankurusu lost 34% of its health!
The foe's Rankurusu fainted!

Start of turn 28
Flygon used Outrage!
The foe's Goruggo lost 9% of its health!
The foe's Goruggo fainted!
Pwnemon won the battle!

Props:
-Roob for killing two thirds of his team and being a great revenge killer.
-Heatran for bluffing well and getting up Rocks, a great thorn in my side, even if you died on the first turn.
-Flygon for killing the rest of his team (No seriously his entire team was killed by two pokemon)
-Zeus for the outstanding battle

Slops:
-Vaporeon for doing nothing but die.
-Espeon for same story
-Reuniclus at the end, did it have Trick Room anyways? If not, what was in the fourth slot?

MVP:

I don't care that you're ugly, stupid, and have the worst name in the world, Conkeldurr. You're quite a powerhouse.

Rate please!

Solid warstory. You had substance on your commentary and picked a battle that was close and exciting. I'm not a good rater of warstories, so I can't actually say more.
Excellent job.

That reuniclus was obviously calm mind. For a hint read through the battle once again :p

As for the warstory, i can't say its the best in the world, but i still liked it so kudos. Lookig forward to more!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
That reuniclus was obviously calm mind. For a hint read through the battle once again :p

As for the warstory, i can't say its the best in the world, but i still liked it so kudos. Lookig forward to more!
It had calm mind, Psychic, Focus Blast, and what is my question.

Thank you to everyone who liked my warstory!

I noticed that your opponent made some interesting Pokemon choices such as Rotom-F and Heracross. Overall, however, this battle was close and entertaining. The commentary was more than adequate and provided much insight into your thought process during each turn. Good job.

8/10

When naming ConkleDURP you misspelled the first part. The mon's name is spelled ConkELdurr. I think it's actually pronounced conk-elder. Not criticizing the war story though, because I haven't read it yet.

Pretty good warstory, you had a very well-written and detailed commentary, a good format and an alright battle. There were a few things that bugged me, however. One was the aforementioned assumption that Reuniclus had TR over Recover (mostly as this was what was supposed to make the ending dramatic), as was your tendency to overpredict your opponent early on - though you did make up for this by adjusting to his style later on, so well done for that. The other was that despite the battle being okay, I get the feeling your opponent wasn't all that good, as you overestimating his predicting abilities was in fact the cause of your overpredictions early on. He kept staying in to let things die when he had better options available to him, which was a little disappointing to me and detracted from the battle.

However, don't let that get you down, you did a very good job of the warstory, I just think you slightly overestimated your opponent. If you can find a little nicer battle where your opponent pulls some predicts too then I look forward to seeing a pretty awesome warstory from you in future.

Also liked the pokemon choices, Golurk did particularly well tanking that Ice Beam. Why Flygon for your team though, when you could use Sazandora (for U-Turn) or Chomp (for Ground typing) instead? Just curious.

Nice format for your first warstory. Pretty good battle, but some...interesting decisions were made on both sides
7/10

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Pretty good warstory, you had a very well-written and detailed commentary, a good format and an alright battle. There were a few things that bugged me, however. One was the aforementioned assumption that Reuniclus had TR over Recover (mostly as this was what was supposed to make the ending dramatic), as was your tendency to overpredict your opponent early on - though you did make up for this by adjusting to his style later on, so well done for that. The other was that despite the battle being okay, I get the feeling your opponent wasn't all that good, as you overestimating his predicting abilities was in fact the cause of your overpredictions early on. He kept staying in to let things die when he had better options available to him, which was a little disappointing to me and detracted from the battle.

However, don't let that get you down, you did a very good job of the warstory, I just think you slightly overestimated your opponent. If you can find a little nicer battle where your opponent pulls some predicts too then I look forward to seeing a pretty awesome warstory from you in future.

Also liked the pokemon choices, Golurk did particularly well tanking that Ice Beam. Why Flygon for your team though, when you could use Sazandora (for U-Turn) or Chomp (for Ground typing) instead? Just curious.
Flygon is my Pokemon of choice because it's the only thing that has both Electric /and/ Ground resists, both of which my team needed. Choosing one or the other wasn't just that helpful to me.

Also, while yes, the assumption that the Reuniclus had TR is what made the ending dramatic, I honestly thought that was what it was running, lol. I don't think I've ever seen one with recover before :P.

It's pretty strange you've never seen a Reuniclus recover before. But this is still a good warstory.

Also, while yes, the assumption that the Reuniclus had TR is what made the ending dramatic, I honestly thought that was what it was running, lol. I don't think I've ever seen one with recover before :P.
Mine runs Focus Blast/Psycho Shock/CM/Recover with LO. Honestly, I would've thought the same thing as you, though, because I feel like I don't see Lefties/Recover a lot. Plus he had 2 other things on his team that are slow as molasses and would've benefited from TR.

In the end, I think it just comes down to what someone else said: Your opponent wasn't really all that smart. I still enjoyed the warstory, though ^^

Your warstory is quite good for a first attempt. Tiny hax but a really close battle (thanks to Reuniclus) even if one or two misplays were made (I think your opponent isn't good at predicting moves e.g. he should have switched to Heracross to take the obvious WoW). Good format and commentary (although the latter doesn't reach Vexatious' level).

Format: 9/10
Battle: 8/10
Commentary: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Your warstory is quite good for a first attempt. Tiny hax but a really close battle (thanks to Reuniclus) even if one or two misplays were made (I think your opponent isn't good at predicting moves e.g. he should have switched to Heracross to take the obvious WoW). Good format and commentary (although the latter doesn't reach Vexatious' level).

Format: 9/10
Battle: 8/10
Commentary: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10
I think I'm probably commenting too much on my own warstory but, if you didn't see when the heracross killed Vaporeon it got an attack boost, because it had overconfidence instead of guts.

I think I'm probably commenting too much on my own warstory but, if you didn't see when the heracross killed Vaporeon it got an attack boost, because it had overconfidence instead of guts.
My apologies for not recognizing that detail. But he still sacced his Heracross while your Espeon was still alive.

If it wasnt your first: 5/10
If I consider that this battle is 5th gen (which has A LOT of s***y warstories): 15/10
But since its your first, ill give you 8/10.

Very good, keep it up

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think it was a case of your opponent being reliant on your over-prediction, more of the fact that he wasn't very good. Good commentary and decent game though.

Well done, good sir. Great comments and formatting, battle wasn't insanely good, but I'm looking forward to your next warstory for sure.

Genosect only 2x resists Bug moves.
Overall pretty good warstory, I'd give it 8/10.
Some silly plays on his part, eg. keeping his Heracross in on that Mach Punch when you had to go for that to win, he could have got a free switch to his ghosty.
Don't know if it's just for me, but the Genosect sprite isn't working.
But a solid effort for your first warstory, and I'd love to read another one sometime, keep it up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)