First (workable) RMT!

Okay, so I made a previous one, but it "showed no proficiency, skill or knowledge", so it was locked. I *think* this one is much better, but again, I'm a noob. What do I know? If this Crash-and-burns as well, then I'll give up. Forever. Anyway, on to the team! Also, help on how to make pictures show up correctly would be helpful.
The Cast
Aerodactyl, Clefable, Suicune, Alakazam, Machamp, PorygonZ

Time For Your Close-up

Aerodactyl@Life Orb
Pressure Ability
Jolly Nature
252 attack EVs 252 speed EVs 4 HP EVs
Moveset:

Taunt
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Aerial Ace

I chose Aero because I wanted the fastest lead I could get that didn't suck (Ninjask). He was the obvious choice to me. At first, it appears to be a standard lead Aerodactyl, but there are some minor differences to point out. First of all, Life Orb over Focus Sash. I've never had any of my leads OHKOed, and although it will happen someday, it's rare enough that I go for the orb. With it, Aero is able to sweep two or three pokemon on occasion. Now, I also chose Aerial Ace over the standard Rock Slide or Stone Edge. This was because Machamp and Roserade leads can be very problematic for me, and I wanted something to beat them around with. It's a strange set, in a way, so feel free to comment on it.

Lead Match-ups:

Azelf- Taunt, then switch to Zam to take the incoming Psychic and Shadow Ball them. No problem.

Machamp- I Aerial Ace, they Dynamic Punch. Hopefully, I'll get another one in before they attack again. Bullet Punch is a problem though. Unless I OHKO, somewhat problematic.

Roserade- I Aerial Ace, they Tspike. I go again. They switch out or die. Then I SR. No problem here.

Metagross- If I OHKO with EQ, they won't be around to trouble me. HOwever, if they ive, the inevitable Meteor Mash is tough. I'll live, but they almost all have Bullet Punch to boot. Slight problem here.

Ninjask- hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah

Aerodactyl- I hope I can Taunt first. If so, they lose a turn. However, they counter with a super effective Rock Slide, so I lay rocks and die. Problem at first, but not later on.

Forretress- I taunt, they fail to lay tones. I do, they Explode. It rarely poses a threat, so I don't care. Only a problem if it carries Gyro Ball. That=OHKO.

Skarmory- Same as Forry, only they switch instead of Explode. PLus, no Gyro Ball to deal with! No problem there.

Swampert- I lay rocks and die. Can beat it, but not with Aero. Basically, I lose a poke right off the bat. Problem, but only for Aero.

Hippowdon- Rare, but I see them. I Taunt, then SR. If they have Stone Edge, I die. Same as Swampert for a solution, though. Not huge problem.

Bronzong- I Taunt. They can't set up screens or Trick Room. It shuts them down. And again, Explosion is not a problem, but Gyro Ball is.

Infernape- Also rare, but possible. I EQ and normally OHKO.

Rotom- The scarcest of all. I lay SR, die to Tbolt or Discharge, then kill with another guy. Simple.

That's enough leads for now. Onto.........

Clefable@Focus Sash
Magic Guard Ability
Impish Nature
252 defense EVs 252 Sp defense EVs 4 HP EVS

Moveset:

Encore
Thunder Wave
Wish
Seismic Toss

Many people will think, " Clefable doesn't belong on any team, much less a competitive OU one." I thought so too at first. This was originally a standard Curselax, but I got the tip to try this after it destroyed both Suicune and Snorlax with full health! It should ONLY be used when I KNOW the opponent will try to DD or CM or Curse or some such thing. I use Encore to trap them in it, then T-wave to slow them down. A Gyarados or Dragonite, when fully DDed and with max speed EVs and Nature, are still slower than her when Paralyzed. So, when the Encore ends, I start it again, before they can do anything else. Seismic Toss is to slowly kill them while they up their stats. When Encore hits on one of the aforementioned moves, it ALWAYS causes a switch or a KO. Imagine Blissey on steroids. It's my anti-tank, anti-set-up, and more. Since its ability prevents ALL damage from SR, status, and weather, the sash will ALWAYS prevent an OHKO. However, I'm thinking about a Poison Orb, so that it will be immune to sleep, freeze, and paralysis. Thoughts here are requested. All in all, I love this thing, but all complaints or criticisms are welcome.

Suicune@Leftovers
Pressure Ability
Bold Nature
252 defense EVs 252 Sp defense EVs 4 HP EVs

Moveset:

Calm Mind
Rest
Sleep Talk
Surf

Oh, how I love this guy. He was called CMcune in the 3rd gen, Crocune, I think, in 4th gen; the names don't matter to me, though. He's just so great a classic to use. While Skarm and Bliss have counters almost guaranteed to kill them, but there aren't many. Suicune has many counters, but there are very few that are a certain kill, so he's better in certain scenarios. Just so I can say I explained, CM is to power up, while his sheer bulk protects him. Great for stalling. Then he'll Rest away status/damage, and avoid wasting turns with Sleep Talk (a 2 in 3 chance, anyway). Finally, Surf to wash away competition. It's a standard move-set, but it works well enough for me. It should be noted that Water Absorb can completely ruin this guy. I once ad Ice Beam to compensate, but it's ineffective. So I swapped it for Sleep Talk. Anyway, Suicune is simple but effective. Advice on how to improve upon this standard is the best, but any is fine.

Alakazam@Life Orb
Inner Focus Ability
Timid Nature
252 speed EVs 252 SP attack EVs 4 HP EVs

Move-set:

Encore
Psychic
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball

This is another typical poke, but, like Aero, I tweaked him a little. Encore is for Suicune on Sleep Talk. Trying to stall me out, huh? Shadow Ball for other Alakazam/Azelf, assuming I outrun the other Zam. Psychic for STAB, but Energy Ball is a wildcard. When I encounter a Swampert, I sacrifice whatever pokemon is out, then send this guy out. They anticipate a psychic, so they stay in, while I get 4x damage and KO them. Why Zam? Well, I wanted someone like Aero (fast and furious), but Jolteon has no variety. So I figured Zam would be the next best thing for special. Anyway, he's unorthodox and unexpected, but the lack of general precedent means I can't tell how effective it is. That's trouble, as he's my main special sweeper. But, that's all on him.

Machamp@Life Orb
No Guard Ability
Careful Nature
252 attack EVS 194 defense EVS 64 SP defense EVs

Move-set:

Dynamicpunch
Bullet Punch
Fire Punch
Stone Edge

This is again not an out-of-the-ordinary dude. Used to be Scizor, but he couldn't take out Blissey or other Scizor nearly as well, so I experimented here and found that I like it. Fire Punch is my only Scizor counter. Stone Edge is for the DDnite or DDGyara that I have him out against. It can OHKO them, but not out-speed them, so it must hit on a Dragon Dance.Bullet Punch is the team's ONLY priority move, so it's important. Dynamicpunch is the staple Machamp move, and my Blissey counter. I switch Machamp in, then use DP. Either they switch and get one the face of a new guy, or Blissey is OHKOed. If I know they have a Gengar, I'll Stone Edge instead. The Ev spread is weird, so let me explain. I had the Adamant/ speed Ev Machamp, but it couldn't take a single hit, so I switched to this. Not exactly bulky, but........... the attack is still high enough to OHKO things, so I'm not worried about the attack loss. Plus, now it can take a hit or two. This is my main physical sweeper, so I rely on him a lot, too.

PorygonZ@Life Orb
Download Ability
Timid Nature

Move-set:

Dark Pulse
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Pain Split

I don't understand why people underestimate PZ. He was once very OU, so people should know his potential. I needed a jack-of-all-trades, so I picked a special sweeper with a very diverse move-set; this happened to be Poryz. Anyway, Tbolt against Gyara and and the like, Ice Beam against Dragonite and the like. I can't tell you how many times I've had a Scarfed Gengar come in on Zam. I switch to PZ and laugh as they Shadow Ball at nothing. Then OHKO them with Dark Pulse. People switch things in that are weak to him for some strange reason, and I love it. He is pretty fast, and Pain Split is a real pain for any Blissey I don't have Machamp against. It used to be Signal Beam, but that did nothing for the team. I like Download as it occasionally raises its Sp attack. However, should I go to Adaptability and swap Pain Split for Return. He has low attack, but 306 is a nasty Base Power to have. This is something to consider, so I'd like help there.

That's my team, but now I'll list it's biggest weaknesses. It can easily stop Gyara and Nite while they set up, but once they finish, they sweep everyone. So that's a major problem. Since Zam is my only Swampert counter, I'm weak to them if he's gone. Breloom is easy if it has Spore and Focus Punch, or Sub and Focus Punch. But if it spores and subs, it'll take 2 or 3 pokes to beat it. So it gives me trouble. Heatran can be beat by Aero and Cune, so I tend not to worry about him. Same for TTar, except for when he's scarfed. Those are the only threats I can think of right now, although I remember that there were a few more. Perhaps you guys will point them out.

Anyway, I gotta go, so this is probably incomplete, but it's not *entirely* my fault. If it sucks too bad, just forget it, and tell me to start over.

This was made in about 10 minutes, and I have to go, so a lack of detail is due to my rush. Also the bad format. Regardless, thanks for reading!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)