For those smogonites that have been around for a while... a request

hi guys,

Does anyone remember foreys? He used to be active on smogon a while ago, and on one of his "let me spill my heart out" threads (might have been a 1k post thread or similar I can't remember)

we associate beauty with virtue in people. you may say that it is superficial to want to get to know and hang out with people you think are attractive, but i think it’s because we associate beauty with virtue in people. what’s even cooler is that if you spend time talking to someone and you start to realize the goodness in them, you can almost see them getting more beautiful right in front of you. i'd like to say that beauty is the manifestation of good in a person. this is why i have a hard time thinking that an excessively vain person is anything more than a pretty face
I took this quote and have had it with me for 4+ years. I remember really enjoying the post and want to read through it again, but it's so old I can't find it via search or google.

I know this is a shot in the dark and I haven't really been around at all for years so I don't even know what happened to foreys, but I want to read the source this quote came from again.

Any leads?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Foreys's changed his name to Kier.

Upon looking through Kier's thread list and post list I have come up with nothing. But I discovered the name change so whattup!!

EDIT:

FUCK OmegaDonut

I did a quick member search, and I nothing came up for "foreys." I got a person called Forsety who has +1,000 posts and has been around since Oct 31st, 2006. If not, he may have changed his name.

I don't think I can help you unless you have a name, but I think what you are looking for would be in the archives if it still exists. I'll continue to look...

Edit: I've been one-upped on the name change, but I'm still searching SGH. There is some funny shit in there let me say...

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
it's pretty interesting -- i remember that quote, and i don't disagree with it at all, but i think i would have explained the mechanism myself in the opposite way, demonstrating how some people who you think are beautiful that have other qualities i find undesirable become "ugly" the more you speak

also foreys is totally a superior username to kier

Stratos

Banned deucer.
it's funny because it's true. There's this one girl who i've known for a couple years and i always thought she was a bit on the ugly side... then i started talking to her oh say a month and a half ago and now she's the most beautiful girl in the world to me.

as of two days go she's going out with another kid i know. sigh...

also now that im in asia again i think ill make another thoughts thread as long as mekkah doesnt make fun of me..........

not to make everything about me im just saying is all

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Remember when Glen thought he was so cool for not having a cellphone or a facebook?

Oh how the tides have turned

Remember when Glen thought he was so cool for not having a cellphone or a facebook?

Oh how the tides have turned
I had a block cellphone in grade 7 when no kids ever had their own phones, couldn't even fit it into my pocket and yet everyone thought it was so cool

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
using this opportunity to place scorn upon those who change their username to something unrecognisable: on the internet where so much of your identity is changeable, at least one thing should remain a constant in a community, and it's intuitive that it should be your username. Your old username sucked? Too bad. It's part of "who you are" online. The great thing about the internet is that you can edit and erase things about your history at whim, but if you want to be part of a community on a more permanent basis then you have to give this privilege up somewhat.

foreys was a really cool poster

using this opportunity to place scorn upon those who change their username to something unrecognisable: on the internet where so much of your identity is changeable, at least one thing should remain a constant in a community, and it's intuitive that it should be your username. Your old username sucked? Too bad. It's part of "who you are" online. The great thing about the internet is that you can edit and erase things about your history at whim, but if you want to be part of a community on a more permanent basis then you have to give this privilege up somewhat.
this is very true

GLEN give me your facebook so i can spam it with digimon pix

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
It can't be restored; the edit history doesn't go back that far. :(

(worth noting the dates there, I asked this question a long time ago about another post the I'm sure the same rules still apply)
So if fillip is to be believed we just need an older super mod. Which would be hip or jackal. Or darkie. But he's been retired/remodded so who knows how that works.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
cookie calling people out about terrible first username choices

ummmmm

eta: also guys it was clearly edited out for a reason -- if he wanted to take it down i am sure he had a good reason

don't go restoring something like that without his consent

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't see the point you're trying to make, az...for starters, I'm calling out name changes, not the original username choices themselves.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
No, edit history is relatively recent is why. Anything edited before edit history was implemented on the forums didn't keep track, so there's no way to restore it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)