@ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/8 Def/96 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

Lead bronzong is one of the best leads I've used. It does it's job well setting up two screens, and anything with taunt is weak enough to be taken down by Gyro Ball. Earthquake isn't used here because gyro ball as a whole is more usefull, and anything I can earthquake is dealt with others on my team. Explosion is a big finish after the walls are in place to insure a safe switch.
---
(M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/224 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- X-Scissor

Scizor is one of my main physical attackers. Bullet Punch is usefull in many cases. It sets balance between physical and special on this team. Not much to say other than that it's a great back-up in case other sweepers fail.
---
(M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP/16 SAtk/240 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This Rest Talk heatran absorbs hits like it's nobody's business. It takes care of any fire types trying to mess with bronzong before it explodes. Most people expect the scarf, but the "LOL SUPRISE" isn't the only reason to use it. It absorbs status, and absorbs hits well due to the dual screening of bronzong.
---
@ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Discharge

To add a bit more immunity and defense here. Used to counter scizor and does wonders against locked scarf heatran by using discharge to paralyze. hidden power grass to mess with swampert and other bulky waters trying to mess with heatran or zong.
---
(M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 24 Atk/232 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Flamethrower
- Close Combat
- Nasty Plot
- Grass Knot
Nasty plot mixape is makes a great wall killer. It puts bronzong's screens to good use, and can usually pull off a good sweep if done right. Zapdos is OHKO'd by nastyplot flamethrower. Swampert, suicune, and other water/grass/rock types get wrecked by grass knot.
---
(M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Surf
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Vaporeon is one of my favorites, I usually use protect instead of Hidden Power Electric, however Gyarados is somewhat of a problem if I don't have it. Toxic is good for walls. It forces a switch out for blissy or celebi, wears down other walls. I might use protect over toxic to be able to wish more effectively.
---

Now for a bit of basic strategy I use with this team. An obvious strategy is to screen with zong, explode, set up with either scizor or ape(usuall ape) and sweep. Some potential problems I can see are late game DD gyara, and I have had some trouble with rain dance teams in the past.

Please rate and comment as necessary.

I'd be worried about DDMence running this team over. You lack a single Ice move. I'd probably run HP Ice over Grass on Zapdos, since you already have Grass Knot on Nape.
DDGyara is much the same, only Zapdos can handle that better. Watch out for Taunt/Stone Edge variants.

Bronzong looks good, although I would definitely make the nature Sassy since it turns a great deal of un-STAB'd fire attack 3HKOs into 2HKOs (such as Azelf and Zapdos). I personally like running the 232 HP/252 Attack/22 speed bulky Scizor, or the very very bulky Leftovers set, but that lacks a great deal of power and isn't as good for hit and runs. It's up to your preference and battle style though. Hidden Power Grass really isn't that necessary on Zapdos at all since Vaporeon completely obliterates Swampert and Infernape can force it out (but can't switch in obviously). Either put in HP Ice or take it out entirely for something like Roar, Thunder Wave or Substitute. HP Ice allows you to kill Flygons who will commonly switch into a Zapdos as it resists Electric/Fire. Catching a Salamence on the switch is also very helpful. Your Infernape looks nice, if you can get it to somehow set up. I find it hard to bring in Infernape, set up a NP, and still live since Nape is pretty damn frail. You could always run Thunder Punch for Gyara or HP Ice for a non-boosted Gliscor KO, but if you can make do with NP, by all means do so. Vaporeon's EVs should be changed to one of these sets:

evs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 20 SpA / 12 SpD / 8 Spe

This one gives you the power to OHKO Salamence with Ice Beam and outseed 0 Spe or 4 Spe Scizor while maintaining maximum defenses.

evs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpA / 16 SpD

This does the same thing as above, but doesn't outspeed Scizor

evs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD

This one completely maxes out Vaporeon's defenses giving it the most survivability it can have.

Protect is also a must on Vaporeon since you will not be able to take moves that 3HKO you without it (switch in =1 wish =2 next attack =3). With Protect, you can out last those. Vaporeon doesn't really need Toxic since it can usually hurt many bulkier Pokemon with Surf, and you need HP Electric to stop Gyarados from expunging your team. DDMence looks like it'll give you problems, so Thunder Wave on Zapdos, or even HP Ice will allow you to dispatch it more easily. DDTar can also cause you problems, but not as much as Mence thanks to Scizor's Bullet Punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)