Gainax's latest brainchild, Panty and Stocking

Trailer.

From the artist behind Gurren Lagann, with a decidedly north-american 1990's cartoon twist. I'm personally loving the animation style and I really really want to see if this show is actually any good. @__@

Please.

Discuss.

It's a horrible, monstrous abomination. The storylines are awful, the jokes are bad, the drawings are shit and it's all been done a million times before.

Gimme more.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's as offensive and off-colour as South Park, but with the japanese twist of over-proportioned girls in skimpy clothes. To be fair, in the very first episode they showed some guy reaching climax. No other show has the balls to do that (pun intended).

It's going to be extremely hit and miss. Don't hold your breath.

EDIT: also it's Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
don't forget the black priest dude

After watching the first three episodes I found it to be a disappointment; it has a couple decent moments the humor is rarely funny and it feels like a generic subpar monster of the week show with nothing but a unique artstyle going for it.

After watching the first three episodes I found it to be a disappointment; it has a couple decent moments the humor is rarely funny and it feels like a generic subpar monster of the week show with nothing but a unique artstyle going for it.
My thoughts exactly.

This show honestly has really really inconsistent moments in their creativity. When they're good, which is basically daring to animate concepts that no other anime would dare to consider, they're great. But the other half of the time, they are uncreative, cliche, and ultimately not even funny, which sucks for them when the plot and characters are deliberately shallow.

Overrated by the majority of people who like the show. Underrated by the haters. Ultimately a show I would consider of average quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)