Gamageroge

aren t people forgething something? first quagsire swampert and quagsire can get 4 gen tm/tutors this guy suporting movepoll doesnt have anything except toxic while quagsire gets yawn recover body slam ice punch(gen 4 tutor) encore and toxic too

swampert always ouclassed both gastrodon and quagsire due to his superior bulk and gets better stats i mean 100/90/90 ouclasses 105/75/75 anytime plus swampert has ice beam for dragons/grass/flying stealth rock(gen 4 tm) Roar (take advantage of SR as well phasing) a superior attacking stats 110/90 so this frog only has the abilities over him and that might not be enough

Game freak didnt gave him ice attacks dont know why also he doesnt get roar to phase the only thing it has over water/ground pokemons are water absorb and acess to grass knot really

one user said swift swim could be good on this frog why use this frog over all elite swift swimmers? like kingdra/kabutops/huntail/gorebyss/ludicolo/omastar/poliwrath/new fossil turtle get it aswell what does this frog do that they cant? since all of them hit harder
This. It was blowing my mind reading this thread everyone getting happy about this guy. He's garbage. He won't do anything defensively, or offensively. And Quagsire has better physical defense which is more important than special defense.

Edit: I've used him in a match or two and he does okay in a "uu" environment. He doesn't hit hard enough. Though stab Earth Power is pretty cool.

I use a LO set with 252 SpA/Spe in Wi-Fi, and it makes a great lead.
Earth Power, Grass Knot, Focus Blast and Boil over give it amazing coverage, and destroys even the bulkiest pokemon like nattorei and tentacruel. Its a lot stronger and faster than I originally thought it would be.

This thing is damn ugly. D: I don't care if it can beat Arceus, I would never use it.
But being seriously, Gama is one hell of a deadly sweeper in Rain teams >_>

Gama is really underwhelming with those piddling offensive stats. Its not going to be sweeping any well built teams.

I've switched abomasnows into Gama's sludge waves and took only ~60%. That sucks. The only thing this anuran can do remotely well is walling. And even then...

Is there a reason why the last part of his name is eroge? I was seriously creeped out when I first saw that.

The one thing I regret about Gamageroge is that he got Water Absorb and not Dry Skin. With Dry Skin, he'd be an absolute beast in rain.
Hydration would make it a beast in rain. Or even Rain Dish. I would prefer Rain Dish over Dry Skin because it isn't screwed over by Sunny Day, which will be much more common this gen because of DroughtTales.

@Swagodile

Poison Hand is not just another Poison Point. Poison Point can poison your opponent if they attack you; Poison Hand can poison your opponent with your attack.

Is there a reason why the last part of his name is eroge? I was seriously creeped out when I first saw that.
"gerogero" is Japanese onamatapoeia (sic?) for a croaking sound, like the sound a frog makes. They just left the last 'ro' off for whatever reason (maybe the guy who designed it is a perv?). Gama is the first two characters of words like tolerance, patience, understanding and stuff like that.

This is amazing in rain. Choice Specs Hydro Pump destroys everything, and having a thunderbolt immunity is very very nice.

I have used Gama for a while now, and I am very pleased. Despite the fact he isn't the best at something compared to Swampert, he does his job well on my team. I enjoy the fact that not only does he outspeed Breloom, but can take out his fellow ground and water types using Grass Knot. Yes, he isn't the best water/ground, but that doesn't mean he should fall to disuse, does it?

I run this set:
Special Gama@ Rindo Berry
Modest/ Water Absorb
4 HP/ 252 SPA/ 252 SPE
Move Set:
-Surf
-Earth Power
-Grass Knot
-Slime Wave.

This set has saved my butt a few times and screws over popular water types like Burungeru, Kingdra, and a few others. Rindo is also nice, in that it catches stuff like Shandera or ditto off guard when they try to use energy ball or my own GK against me.

Poison Hand is pretty much a waste on Gamageroge (from what I've seen in this thread, only its Special sets are listed). The only viable contact moves it can learn are Drain Punch and Flail.

This is amazing in rain. Choice Specs Hydro Pump destroys everything, and having a thunderbolt immunity is very very nice.
Seaking does this better. No trollish x4 weakness, and had higher special attack due to Lightning Rod. Slap on a Scarf, and you're good to go.

I was looking for a moveset for this guy and only found one and its not a legal set

He cant have Earth Power and Water Absorb
so i went for

Modest Seismitoad
Water Absorb
Leftovers
-Sludge Wave
-Scald
-Grass Knot
-Substitute
252Hp, 4Def, 252Spatk

seems he needs Sludge Wave for Grass types, Scald/Surf and Grass Knot are great and Substitute can be good with his huge HP and Leftovers

other option would be Hidden Power Ground

but man this guy is so average

I really wanted this to be the bulky water to round out my Galvantula/Chandelure team but it looks like it just won't happen. No Ice Beam? *sigh*

I was looking for a moveset for this guy and only found one and its not a legal set

He cant have Earth Power and Water Absorb
so i went for

Modest Seismitoad
Water Absorb
Leftovers
-Sludge Wave
-Scald
-Grass Knot
-Substitute
252Hp, 4Def, 252Spatk

seems he needs Sludge Wave for Grass types, Scald/Surf and Grass Knot are great and Substitute can be good with his huge HP and Leftovers

other option would be Hidden Power Ground

but man this guy is so average
Of course it can get Earth Power AND Water Absorb. Explain how its illegal before saying it is.

Am liking how Sludge Wave can be bred into it rather than Subway frustration.

The thing that really hurts this guy is the fact that barring all Pokemon not used competitively, Gamageroge is the only Water type without access to an Ice type move, leaving his/her biggest weakness uncovered. Anyways, if you're looking for a Water Absorber, Jellicent outclasses this in EVERY SINGLE WAY.

I'd consider its stats outline to be more similiar to Poliwrath. They almost have the same BST (Seismitoad is lower by 1 point), Poliwrath is better defensively, and Seismitoad is better offensively, and they both have SwSw and Water Absorb. Oh, and they're both tadpoles/frogs.

The thing that really hurts this guy is the fact that barring all Pokemon not used competitively, Gamageroge is the only Water type without access to an Ice type move, leaving his/her biggest weakness uncovered. Anyways, if you're looking for a Water Absorber, Jellicent outclasses this in EVERY SINGLE WAY.

Keldeo AND hidden power say hi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)