Gen 6 TR UU Team

Hi, I enjoy using trick room, I've got about a hundred battles under my belt with this team, and for trick room itself, I've used many teams in gen 5. I'd love tons of feedback on how to make this team a lot better because I find it a little hard to play with sometimes.

binky (Aromatisse)

binky (Aromatisse) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Aromatherapy
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Trick Room

Here's my first setter, Aromatisse does a super job at eating up fighting and dark physical attacks, except for knock off which is annoying as shiet. Initially, I just needed a different setter that people didn't really use, and Aromatisse fits the bill quite well. With Aromatherapy she can support pretty decently taking away burns, toxics, and whatnot that are often in play. She's super slow which is extra good for trick room play, her defenses are decent with 101/72/89 defenses meaning she can come in on a few things and get up a trick room when needed.

The set used is trying to go with a offense/support role. I don't really like my setters to be total bait when they come in to set up trick room, and it's pretty easy to tell what pokemon are going to be setting up trick room anyhow. This is the reason I threw in Calm Mind and Moonblast, its a good stab along with some boosts does a pretty decent chunk to a lot of things and KO's whatever is super effective.

The EV placement is for solid defenses and all the while the ability to set up in the face of someone else.

pinky doo(Slowbro)

pinky doo (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 Def / 16 SAtk / 248 HP
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Trick Room

I love this thing, I don't even know what he is. All I know is, is that he's a great pick for a lot of team, and he's got a fantastic kit for a trick room team. Dismal speed, solid typing, and defenses, a kick ass ability, and look at his god damn face he doesn't give a shit about anything.

Slowbro, my second setter has been in pretty much all of my teams that center around trick room, his 95/110/80 defenses allow him to switch in on so many things, he can get a trick room in, and switch out all while regaining his health thus allowing him to set up trick room many times during a match.

His EV placement is standard as something that can tank physical hits without breaking a sweat, and his moves are based on being able to dish out solid damage without being useless. Scald is pretty much his best friend, while Fire Blast chunks steels which have become more common nowadays, and Psychic is there for stab, it could be switched out to something else like slack off though.

duck chaser(Porygon2)

duck chaser (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Sassy Nature
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Toxic
- Trick Room

My third and final setter is Porygon2, he's a pretty swell guy and he's my special wall. Trace allows me to poop on Chandelure that doesn't sub split, Arcanine, and things of that nature. With access to recovery, Porygon2, much like Slowbro can come in and set up Trick room plenty of times for me, with Toxic and Tri attack, he does try not to be fodder for set ups. He's pretty easy to switch if you know what move is going to come in. He doesn't afraid of anything really, not even Close combats from Arcanine because he can trace an intimidate and lessen damage extensively.

rapidmon (Chesnaught)

rapidmon (Chesnaught) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: NaN Spd
- Hammer Arm
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Leech Seed

This guy is cool as shit, and he's my check to Crawdaunt which hurts most of my team with a single Knock Off. He doesn't like Knock off himself, but he takes way less damage. I went with an offensive route with dual stabs and EQ which is always solid. Leech seed is for switch ins to other things if I can guess correctly. More often than naught though, he takes Knock off like a champ and dishes some hurt. I do want to mix up his set somewhat with Spiky Shield and spikes being really nice, but I'm not sure if he likes to just do those things.

knight (Escavalier)

knight (Escavalier) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
Brave Nature
- Drill Run
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Well, this cool guy is Escavalier and he hits like a freaking ice cream truck in the summer time. Sporting a massive 405 attack, almost nothing leaves unscathed. His EV set is pretty standard with max attack and a beneficial nature leaning towards attack. Dual stabs in Iron head and Megahorn are super solid with Bug hitting plenty of things in UU for neutral damage. Iron head coats fairies and smashes them to shreds. Knock off is quite dangerously good especially on my side, and Drill Run is for things like Magnezone, and some other steels/fires. Mega Aggron does eat this guy for breakfast though, and Drill Run does only about 25% or so on a mega verson of him. He's a hard hitter who will usually get to switch in once I set up trick room.

Assault Vest is really good on this bad boy, but it's not like he can take an overheat from Rotom-H or anything like that, it's just really solid for sponging hits like a madman. I chose overcoat over Swarm because of the buff it received in being immune to powder moves now which is a big plus.

star crosser (Crawdaunt)

star crosser (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Crunch
- Knock Off

This guy is such a champ, he even won gold in Sochi. His presence in UU right now is super huge like his freaking star. Since he was kind of slow, I thought he'd do work on a Trick room team, and he does a fantastic job at wrecking. Knock off is great at hitting off on things, KO's so many things that don't resist a stab Knock off, and he's able to hit super fucking hard with stab adaptability aqua jet. Crunch is there to decimate things that have survived a knock off and ruin assholes. Crabhammer is extra strong, and Aqua jet, boy does that do some hurting.

EV's are maxed out on HP and attack, doesn't really take a hit anyways, life orb as an item just amplifies his already terrifying damage to godlike proportions.

Threats:
Mega Aggron is super bulky which doesn't really help when my only thing that does significant damage is Slowbro. Chansey without her eviolite being knocked off eats up pretty much anything I throw at her. Hazards wear me down quite a bit, even with Slowbro sustain. Crawdaunt hurts even Chesnaught, which is why I probably need to go with a different set on him. Hawlucha can really defecate on me if I switch poorly from Chesnaught. Virizion can also give me problems if it can set up. Otherwise, I find this team kind of hard to play unless I do really well in predicting and switching effeciently.

I would appreciate tons of feedback on how to make my team better, and I am totally open on changes too, thanks again smogon.

As a person who ran TR a lot last Gen, it's nice to see a TR team every once in a while. I may have some suggestions that could potentially help further this team.

The thing about TR is that it lasts a measly 5 turns. So in those 5 turns, you need to deal as much damage as you can to your opponents. And believe me, 5 turns is NEVER enough. I believe you need Pokemon to use outside of TR. So I suggest replacing Chesnaught/Escavalier with Mega Manectric. Why Manectric? It's one of the fastest pieces of sh*t out there and provides momentum with Volt Switch and can dent Mega Aggron with Overheat which not a lot of Pokemon can boast about. Crawdaunt has no business staying in on a Manectric. Manectric can only come in on a free switch of course as no one is ever safe from Crawdaunt.

Next, you said that you don't want your setters to be food for your opponents, so I suggest replacing Toxic and Tri Attack with Thunderbolt and Ice Beam on your Porygon2. BoltBeam provides excellent coverage and allows you to nail the occasional Flygon and again, Tbolt Crawdaunt to oblivion.

This one isn't exactly necessary, but I feel that it's a waste not using a Mega when there are 2 Megas perfect for TR. Mega Ampaharos and Mega Abomasnow. Mega Ampharos has 6 resistances iirc and has low speed, excellent bulk and high SAtk. Mega Abomasnow on the other hand, is probably better used in doubles, but it's ability to spam Blizzards makes a potent special attacker.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- HP Ice
- Overheat

252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 181-214 (52.6 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Crawdaunt: 380-450 (115.1 - 136.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 Aqua Jet does around 40% max. Few run max HP Crawdaunt and yet it's still a OHKO.

Hope my suggestions helped and good luck with your team!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)