Gen 1 Generation 1 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
My comrade bought Pokemon: Let's Go (Eeevee Edition).

So, I decided to replay through Pokemon Red and make a "strong" team.

I'll keep this save file in hopes of battling someone IRL sometime! I used to battle back when this first came out on the school-yard playground. But it's been around 15 years since I've played Pokemon.

Here it is:

---Starmie
1. Thunder
2. Blizzard
3. Thunder Wave
4. Recover

---Rhydon
1. Body Slam
2. Earthquake
3. Rock Slide
4. Substitute

---Tauros
1. Body Slam
2. Hyper Beam
3. Fissure
4. Blizzard

---Chansey
1. Ice Beam
2. Thunderbolt
3. Thunder Wave
4. Soft-Boiled

---Dragonite
1. Wrap
2. Agility
3. Hyper Beam
4. Blizzard

---Mew
1. Swords Dance
2. Submission
3. Hyper Beam
4. Psychic

***Note*** I attempted to get the best stats I could. Dragonite has perfect HP/Attack/Special, Mew is perfect except he is -12 on defense (286) etc. It's hard to get good stats, I restarted a lot for Mew/Dratini. Caught a lot of Chansey/Tauros/Staryu/Rhyhorn but don't have perfect stats on anyone. Mew is the closest with 403 HP - 298 the rest (minus defense being 286).

I specialized in Generation 2. My Crystal/Gold batteries are dead though, so I'm forced to play this. Not that it's a bad thing, Generation 1 is much simpler and fulfilling and far easier to get a strong team. I'm playing on Pokemon Stadium to speed things up. They're all almost level 100 (minus Tauros/Rhydon/Starmie).

I also have Exeggutor/Gengar/Charizard/Aerodactyl/Gyarados/Alakazam if they may be more fitting. Though, the Exeggutor might have the worst stats of them all regarding "genetics."

Gengar is my favorite Gen. 1 Pokemon but I left him out because I feel he kind of sucks lol.

Last edited:
Question: What is regarded as the BEST Generation 1 team? I know this is Pokemon, so there is a counter to everything; but, in Gen. 1 there has to be a staple best team...right?

Mewtwo/Mew/Chansey/Snorlax/Rhydon/Zapdos?

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Here is an RBY OU team from a few months ago that you could look at if you're looking for something standard and solid: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/i-came-i-saw-i-conquered.3610139/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)