Getting The Bugs Out of Gen 5

Haha not anymore, now that that Bug/Steel knight gets Megahorn as an egg move.
At the very least, Heracross does not demand Trick Room to make good use of that Megahorn to sweep. Or care about Burn. That makes him superior outside of Trick Room for offensive purposes in my mind.

However....I would think a mixture of Support/Offense on the KnightBug would work wonders. It has really good Defenses, and KnockOff/Megahorn/Pursuit/Filler.

Depending on the frequency of Stealth Rock in the new metagame, the fire moth could be a huge threat. 135/105/100 is pretty impressive, and one M483 could give it great sweeping potential. It might also be fun to use in a Drought team.

I made a pretty effective mono-bug team a few years back in the old Gen 4 metagame, and it seems as though my favorite type may have gotten a lot better.

Gen 5 bolstered types needing a boost like Bug, Ghost, and Electric (in terms of variety).

Scizor, Urgamoth, Shubarugo, Foretress, Argiruda, and Yanmega all look like they could be OU.

this is going to be an interesting turn for bugs in the Ou. trickroom was also always an option due to the popularity of many people ev training in spd.(speed)

Denchura is looking pretty potent, though I don't think he has the defences for OU. Still, Bug/Electric gives great coverage (all types for neutral between them I think) and he has Bug Buzz and Thunder for STAB - not a bad combination, when he also gets Swarm (though lacks Butterfly Dance, sadly).

Aianto is a little week move-wise, but is still going to be dangerous in the right situations.

Just posting to say you need to find some place new to link those sprites from. You'll notice every single one has turned into a ditto, because PokéBeach had to take down all of their Black and White sprites/ images.

Aianto w/truant and make friends(move that makes your opponent copy your ability) could be pretty devestating. In terms of rage induced it could be the Breloom of Gen V, unless we learn a way to counter it effectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)