Ghost Monkeys in the Sky

I dug up an old team of mine recently, and thought I should share it, as it was a fairly successful team. I peaked around #50, I don't remember, as it was before the ladder reset, and as such I don't have a screenshot. On to the team building process (Or what I remember of it, at least).

I started with Ambipom, because after doing some damage calcs I saw it could KO the majority of the offensive part of the tier with a combination of Fake Out and Return.

After some tests, I discovered that Mismagius has awesome offensive synergy with Ambipom. Together, they can dismantle whole teams with the proper team support. Together, they form my ghost monkey core.

I don't remember exactly how I got to adding Flygon to the team, but I don't regret a thing. I pretend to lead with it, but generally lead with Ambipom due to the ability to mess up many common leads with Fake Out. The scouting ability with U-turn and being capable of revenge killing almost any Pokemon not named Bronzong is priceless.

I had a minor problem with ice types, and Slowbro is a solid addition to any team. Slowbro walls Darmanitan all day, and the scarf variant otherwise gives Mismagius trouble.

I needed a bulky attacker, and Porygon2 is the very definition of "Tank". It soaks up hits fabulously, and although it's typing is redundant with Ambipom, it synergizes well with Slowbro and Mismagius.

Roserade is currently the most used Pokemon in UU now for a reason. It walls special attackers with ease, synergizes quite well with Slowbro, provides a reliable cleric, and sets up Spikes.

Now, the team!

Ambipom @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly

-Fake Out
-Return
-Low Sweep
-U-turn

Ambipom is highly underrated, and with the help of Mismagius, it can dismantle unprepared teams. Fake Out is devastating coming off STAB Technician boosted 100 attack, and does ~42% to the average medium-bulky sweeper (i.e Nidoqueen). Low Sweep smashes through Rock- and Steel- types that resist my stab moves, while U-turn scouts switch-ins. I prefer it to Pursuit, as instead of getting an already weakened foe picked off and having coverage on ghosts, I can switch to a counter of whatever's sent in and smash a potentially full-health Pokemon.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 48 HP/16 Def/192 SpA/252 Spe
Nature: Timid

-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power [Fighting]

Ah, good ole' SubCM Mismagius. This thing destroys the majority of the tier, with only a few select counters such as Snorlax. Ambipom can soften up walls with Fake Out and make Snorlax sad with Low Kick, while Mismagius does the real sweeping. I'm all for custom EV spreads, and this one is no exception. 252 speed EVs make Mismagius as fast as possible, while 192 SpA EVs allow it to OHKO 252/4 Mew with unboosted Shadow Ball. 48 HP EVs and 16 defense EVs allow Mismagius to survive the odd Careful Snorlax 252 Atk Crunch, and maximize bulk. Shadow Ball and Hidden Power [Fighting] currently get flawless neutral coverage, so after a few Calm Mind boosts Mismagius becomes nigh unstoppable.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly

-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Fire Punch
-U-turn

Flygon is another seriously underrated threat. When equipped with a Choice Scarf, there are few Pokemon Flygon can't trash. Examples of things that wall Flygon include Slowbro, Bronzong, and Gligar. However, all of these sans Bronzong my team has covered very well, so I can just U-turn off on a predicted switch.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP/240 Def/20 SpA
Nature: Bold

-Scald
-Psyshock
-Slack Off
-Thunder Wave

Slowbro checks a lot of the top physical attackers of UU, and cripples them with Thunder Wave. It also patches up Flygon's Ice- Weakness, and Regenerator allows it to be one of my last Pokemon standing. 20 SpA EVs allow it to OHKO 252/4 Roserade with Psyshock.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
Nature: Modest

-Tri Attack
-Recover
-Discharge
-Ice Beam

Porygon2 is just awesome. 404 Opponent not found, they ran away in sheer terror at the mere sight of the Cyber Duck. This thing 6-0s many sand teams by sending it in on their hippo-hippo to get a SpA boost and sweep, since few Pokemon regularly carried by UU sandstorm teams can check PoryV2.exe and stop it from installing a virus onto their team.

Roserade @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
Nature: Calm

-Rest
-Aromatherapy
-Spikes
-Giga Drain

Roserade can tank special hits with ease and has good synergy with Slowbro. It functions as a great cleric and hazard setter, as well as healing itself with rest and switching out to cure itself of sleep thanks to Natural Cure. Giga Drain gives me something to do wall I wall a foe, as well as deterring Slowbro from switching in. Ambipom loves Spikes support, due to it's tendency to force switches.

Conclusion: This team has served me well, and while I was considering renovating it, I decided to post it here for a little help. I don't have any need for a spinner, as I built my team on purpose to have no Stealth Rock weaknesses and two levitaters. However, if I add Rotom-H like I was thinking of, I may start needing it. I'd really like to keep Ambipom and preferably Mismagius, as they define the team, however. Stealth Rock support would be helpful, but I'm a bit squeezed on room. Don't tell me pursuit on Ambipom because I tried it and don't really like it :p

Potential additions:

Honchkrow is boss. Maybe I should replace Flygon with:

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 20 HP/252 Atk/236 Spe
Nature: Adamant

-Substitute
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Sucker Punch

I'm not so sure you need T-Wave seeing as so many pokes on your team seem fast enough, maybe Toxic instead on Slowbro. Also not so sure if you need that aromatherapy when you could use another attacking move.

Aromatherapy's very important as otherwise Sableye potentially gives me trouble, I take T-Wave for the 30% immobility, not the speed drop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)