Gothitelle

I have not yet seen a sableye from a competent player in DW (as I've explained in its thread, it has spinda defenses) and Rankurusu will have a hell of a time walling you at +6.
FYI,Sableye has MH now,it's a troll now >.>
And you'll have trouble killing Ranku once he gets to +6 too. Most run a Bulky CM set with Recover.

breh

強いだね
FYI,Sableye has MH now,it's a troll now >.>
And you'll have trouble killing Ranku once he gets to +6 too. Most run a Bulky CM set with Recover.
I know it has MH. Erufuun has it and it sucks; Sableye is in a similar situation and is significantly worse.

Again, I have yet to see a CM Rankurusu from a good player. Most I see are Recover/Psychic/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast; some are TR.

I know it has MH. Erufuun has it and it sucks; Sableye is in a similar situation and is significantly worse.

Again, I have yet to see a CM Rankurusu from a good player. Most I see are Recover/Psychic/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast; some are TR.
Wow,you've met some pretty bad players. Erufuun and Sableye DEFINE troll.

Heres a set I used which seems to work.

marry me (Gochiruzeru) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Psychic
- Substitute
- Attract

Send it in on some male tank, substitute before they status or maybe even attract first then substitute, then sub psychic stall until they die.
You could repeat with the next pokemon if it has a gender or isnt steel type

I love this pokemon's bulk. I would a set like this.

Nature: Bold

An EV Set: 252 HP/252 Defense/ 4 Special Attack:

Subsitute
Calm Mind
P.Shock/Shadow Ball
HP Fighting

I've noticed most users of calm mind/sub. don't have the physical defence but this thing does.

Let me begin by saying that I'm only theorymoning here. But what the poster above said got me interested and I decided to type up what I believe is an interesting set. It's a little gimmicky but I think it could be fun.

Gothitelle @ Dark Gem
Frisk Ability - Relaxed Nature
252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.Def
-Thief
-Clam Mind
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power - Fighting

Now, I realize that Shadow Tag is the vastly superior ability, but part of me is worried that the ability, not the Poke'mon who uses it will just be banned from OU play for some reason. I could be wrong. But anyways I took one look at Frisk and asked myself why. Clearly everything the Gamefreak gods have done to each of their Poke'mon is part of some grand design and in this case I feel obligated to try my best to make something out of Frisk.

Enter her moveset. No Trick or anything like that. Magic Room and Embargo, and, what's this? Thief? I realize she has a horrible attack stat and that the Dark Gem won't do much for her, but I really felt like she could be used as a Poke'mon that tries to maybe mess up an opponent's tank or hell, any Poke'mon that relies on it's item. The Dark Gem should be consumed just as you use Thief, powering it up ever so slightly and removing her held item, then allowing you to steal the opponents and use it for yourself. Which you know exactly what it is in case you didn't thanks to: bum da da da! That's right, Frisk! Ideally you'd want to steal a Leftovers or something similar given her bulk and EV spread (which isn't all that impossible given how common of an item it is) and even with a Relaxed nature she can reach 149 speed, enough to outrun Relaxed Swampert and some other major defensive threats. It also makes her an even better candidate for Trick Room teams.

The rest of her moveset is pretty straightforward. Clam Mind it up and then use Hidden Power Fighting and Shadow Ball to hit anything in the game for at least neutral damage.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? I thought it was kind of a fun idea but again I haven't tested it. OH! -and I haven't exactly read through this entire thread so I apologize if something similar was already posted.

Best Goth set ever

Gochiruzeru (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Thunder Wave
- Flatter
- Psychic/Shadow Ball/Psyshock/Move
- Psych Up

This set works really well. the high sp.def lures physical attackers which you t-wave on the switch, then you use flatter to give them +2 sp.atk. they will most likely be unable to move and then you psych up on the next turn. Then psychic spam, the only problem is that you can only have one offensive move.

Eh, I think whichever mod renamed this thread must have screwed up. :/

Gochiruzeru (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Thunder Wave
- Flatter
- Psychic/Shadow Ball/Psyshock/Move
- Psych Up

This set works really well. the high sp.def lures physical attackers which you t-wave on the switch, then you use flatter to give them +2 sp.atk. they will most likely be unable to move and then you psych up on the next turn. Then psychic spam, the only problem is that you can only have one offensive move.
Flatter only gives +1 SpA lol. and the setup needs 3 turns to finish, and the opponent has the choice of switching in all these 3 turns.

The Dark Gem should be consumed just as you use Thief, powering it up ever so slightly and removing her held item, then allowing you to steal the opponents and use it for yourself.
Sadly, Dark Jewel + Thief doesn't work like that...
Thief doesn't steal items at the same turn Dark Jewel is consumed...

Sadly, Dark Jewel + Thief doesn't work like that...
Thief doesn't steal items at the same turn Dark Jewel is consumed...
Indeed. I found this out all to late, haha. It was just a thought but it was a shame it didn't work out. Sorry about that everyone, that's what I get for not testing out a moveset prior to posting it.

Speaking of Gothorita, I've been using the REAL Gothorita succesfully. Even without Shadow tag, she is an annoying wall. I managed to make a build with Evolite and bold nature with max hp/df. She reaches 398 defense and 306 sd with 334 hp{only 20 less than Gothitelle}, she takes like 20% damage from an Outrage'd Garchomp! She likes to use either charm or tickle on a physical attacker switching in. If she switches in on a mediocre physical attacker, it gives her a free turn to use a calm mind to get her sd up to around 480 so if they switch in a special attacker, she will have bulky special defense.

That's how its been going for me with Gothorita who I've been using for a few weeks now. I have a Gothitelle with the same moveset but she just seems to do better with having a better special attack after maxing out special attack. The moveset only leaves room for a single attack as both builds need Rest to succesfully wall things. I've tried Shadow ball, future sight, and psyshock. Shadow ball will suffer against normals, future sight and psyshock both suffer against darks, but future sight is kind of funny in that she will send a FS out, rest, then wake up in time for the opponent to be KO'd and another FS gets launched out.

In Unova, loli rapes you!
Actually, in the original book written by Nabokov, Lolita is pretty much the one who instigates relationships with the older narrator.

On topic: I was looking at Gothorita with Eviolite; would it function pretty much the same as Gothitelle with higher defenses and lowered all other stats?

Never really paid much attention to this Poke since it was revealed to be solely Psychic whenever it clearly could/ should have been Psychic/Dark, but looking over its stats, it seems very much to me that it would play like an inferior Gardevoir. Similar stat distributions (Gardevoir mostly has better stats though) and movepool (perhaps less versatility than Gardevoir). The only thing it really has going for it is being a trapper in the lower tiers with Shadow tag, but it doesn't even have the movepool to utilise that fully. Disappointing.

Until Gothitelle gets Sketch (because gothic people likes to... draw?), i'm not using it anymore.

So... well...

Anyone has any idea on how to use it? I sincerely tried it, but with no results. This thing seriously needs at least Hypnosis (sleep move + Dream Eater is golden. Substitute and Calm Mind= good).

Even worse is that Shadow Tag is unreleased yet, making it basically outclassed by nearly any psychic poke...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)