Guillopede

After some time in the Cawmodore playtest meta, I'm back to NU, and bringing you a new team! Inspired by Cawmodore's capabilities to sweep entire teams by itself under the right circumstances, this team will be based on a playstyle I've recently adopted to: hyper offense. I have managed to reach 1700+, AKA Bronze Rank, using this team.

Now I present: Guillopede.

Dwebble @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Endure
- Rock Blast

In a hyper offensive team, you pretty much need to get your hazards in as quickly as possible, and a lot of them at that. Sturdy and Rock Blast stop Baton Pass leads like Ninjask from coming back in unscathed after switching out with rocks on the foe's side of the field. Stealth Rock is an absolute must: Charizard is pretty much uncounterable without it. Spikes allows me to put even more hurt, turning some of my 3HKOs to 2HKOs. Endure is to make sure my Custap Berry gets activated, and also prevents Sawk from walking all over me and KOing Dwebble with his STAB Close Combat.

Gardevoir @ Light Clay
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Memento
- Taunt/Psychic

Every hyper offensive team appreciates a dual screener. While this is pretty much Gardevoir's only niche in NU nowadays (Jynx is the better sweeper and Musharna is the better wall), it does its job very well. Does the foe try to boost or set up or use some support moves, or set up hazards, or is it a Taunter that is slower than Gardevoir? Taunt them so you can carry out your plan! Reflect and Light Screen are essential with Light Clay, so that my sweepers can sweep more easily. Memento is the icing on the cake, making sure that anything that isn't SE will break my sweepers' chances of sweeping. Psychic can be use to eliminate Gurdurr.

Scolipede @ Salac Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Megahorn
- Aqua Tail

My main sweeper on this team. It is just so good at shutting down most team strategies that I can't find any mon that is as an excellent boosting sweeper as this. Stalling with Toxic Spikes? Scolipede laughs at that tactic. Swords Dance and Substitute are absolute musts, as they define the purpose of using a sweeping Scolipede on this team. Megahorn is for the raw power, and anything that doesn't resist it that isn't Regirock faces the chance to get OHKO'd or 2HKO'd. Aqua Tail is for the last slot, simply because Bug and Water have very wide coverage.

Golurk @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 HP / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

CB Golurk. Just large amounts of pure power in those iron fists. Dual STABs in Earthquake and Shadow Punch already can deal with some of NU's spinners. The only spinner that can successfully spin against this set is Wartortle. Alomomola, Weezing, and Tangela wall this set like it was nothing, but other than those three, no effective wall is able to stall out CB Golurk. Ice Punch is to make sure that Braviary and Swellow aren't safe, and Drain Punch absolutely puts huge dents in foes like Lickilicky and Audino.

Jynx (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Trick
- Lovely Kiss

Is there any way an offensive team isn't hindered by Jynx? She is just that good. TrickScarf is one of the most effective ways to shut down stall. This is all made possible by plenty of power and enough Speed while holding a scarf to outspeed even Scolipede. Lovely Kiss hinders one of its checks, and combined with TrickScarf, two birds are already killed by one stone. Ice Beam and Psychic are primarily used as STABs to hit the foe as hard as possible.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Return/Double-Edge
- Earthquake/Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch

The other disruptor, and she mainly has priority do the work for her. Fake Out weakens my foes to put them into KO range of either Earthquake, Return, or Sucker Punch. Sucker Punch also comes with the bonus of OHKOing Jynx. Earthquake and Return have good coverage with each other, and even though it is easily walled by some phsyically bulky mons, it can tear a hole in offenseive teams. Double-Edge + Drain Punch can work for more power.

Other Team Options

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 216 Spd / 252 SAtk / 40 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt

A backup special attacker in case my opponent decides to bring in physical walls.

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 200 SDef / 56 SAtk / 252 HP
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Toxic
- Volt Switch

Slow Volt Switch user that can bring in a teammate safely.

Primeape @ Expert Belt
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Encore
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Encore + U-turn user giving a sweeper a free turn of setup.

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 HP
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off/Stone Edge

Bulky pivot and wallbreaker that can absorb status.

I appreciate any advice to help my team become better. Thank you, creators of Cawmodore and players in its playtest meta, for inspiring me to create this team.

Last edited:
As a fan of hyper-offense in NU myself, I might as well give my thoughts on this team, which looks highly competent if a little generic bar Dwebble.

My primary concern is Dwebble. Dwebble is such an obvious Custap Lead that if the opponent has a Taunt user or sleep inducer, you can be sure they will lead with it, and that will rob you of the hazards you want to get up. I don't know what the solution is because there isn't much in NU with access to Spikes and SR (AFAIK it's just Dwebble and Pineco, which has the same problem of being too obvious a lead. I guess Jynx is a decent workaround; she can sleep these Pokemon before they can doing anything useful and then you can switch Dwebble in safely.

SubDisable Haunter looks like a pain in the neck for this team. It can easily set up subs on Kangaskhan and Golurk locked onto the wrong move (or any move if it comes in after a kill; it just Disables the choice-locked attack), and is going to do really big damage once it's behind a Substitute; you are going to have to sacrifice a team member just to deal with it. Running Drain Punch over Earthquake on Kangaskhan can alleviate this problem; to counteract the loss in power, you can run Double-Edge over Return as Drain Punch's healing offsets the recoil. You lose out slightly against Muk but Double-Edge hits it nearly as jard as Earthquake.

I maybe feel that another special attacker wouldn't go amiss. Currently there is a lot of pressure on Jynx to deal with Alomomola, Tangela and Weezing. Alomomola can just Protect to scout your move, and then switch out to whatever can absorb that move, making defensive cores tricky to break through. Maybe Nasty Plot Misdreavus is worth considering over CB Golurk?

But overall, there isn't too much wrong with this team, and I am surprised it hasn't reached a little higher than 1700. I suspect that this may be due to the team's predictability: the sets are all standard sets (except maybe Scolipede which is quite cool), Jynx is a fairly obvious Scarf user, etc. But standard sets are standard because they work, and there is nothing wrong with using them.

Last edited:
Looking at your team, skuntank, Swellow, zard, SD samurott, and opposing CB golurk stand out as extremely large threats. Skuntank can essentially guarantee a kill as long as it gets a free switch in, while samurott deals with every member of your team with ease.

After looking at the team, the two key problems lie in Gardevoir and Dwebble. 2 Suicide Pokemon in exchange for 4 functional is not worth it, as you lose team efficiency trying to keep them alive.

The first proposal I have is to remove Dwebble and replace him with defensive probopass, as it gives your team a slow volt switch to bring other members in safely, as well as a check to swellow and charizars, something your team lacks. Spikes isn't mandatory in today's meta, especially with a hyperoff team like yours.

The second weak link gardevoir should be replaced by encore prime ape with ebelt. It offers a solid check to skunk, and it's encore+uturn brings teammates in safely as well as your garde.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree with Probopass over Dwebble for the reasons Brawlfest stated. You should also definitely run Double Edge on Kangaskhan, the extra power is definitely worth it.

Kangaskhan looks like a huge problem for the team, and so does Gurdurr. To solve the Kanga problem, consider running Pivot Gurdurr over Golurk. This allows you to check Kangaskhan while supporting the team by luring and defeating Misdreavus which gives Scolipede some trouble, and defeating the slightly problematic Scolipede if you run the version with Stone Edge. To avoid getting run over by Gurdurr, you should use Psychic over Taunt on Gardevoir. This allows you to beat Gurdurr, because otherwise it runs through your whole team (Mach Punch KOs Jynx after SR).

Hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)