ORAS OU Gyarados and friends

hello everyone, I am trying to make an OU team based on mega gyarados.
So here I go:

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake / Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

As my first mega pick, my team will revolves around him. Gyarados.M is pretty good fighter, Originally I run aqua tail over waterfall until hax get me. Crunch and DD is staple. I think. Third slot moves is the one that gives me a lots of headache. I only choose EQ over anything else just for the high power it has.

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp

Oh boy, give a medal to whoever invented this set. A seriously great pokemon especially if my opponent sending in tyranitar or hippowdon only to get burned. This pokemon doesn't really need much explanation, I guess, as smogon already explained it all.

Mew @ Life Orb ?
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe ?
Adamant Nature ?
- Defog
- Swords Dance ?
- Explosion ?
- Stealth Rock ?

I'm not-so-newb in pokemon, I can guess you guys will shoud Stealth Rock! the moment you guys saw my first 2 pokemon.
I have considered many defogger/spinner in the meta:
- Togekiss, skarmory, mandibuzz, gliscor, scizor, excadrill, latias
All of them either afraid of SR, or M.manectric. The most viables are latias and excadrill.

I ended up choosing mew for the sole purpose of not dying to M.manectric.

I have tried almost every single one of them, they ended up spinning/defogging once and almost completely useless afterwards.
For now, I only expected mew to defog, and the rest is just trolling the opponent.
Overall the defogger/spinner slot is my one biggest reason why I create this RMT thread as you can see there are many Question Marks (?) here.

Also I suspected someone might suggest replacing the former two, I know, but they are so awesome I don't want to replace them :(

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Reflect / Light Screen / Pain Split

Another support pokemon, so far has performed admirably. The options for him are a physically defensive one or specially defensive. I choose partially, with specially defensive spread with will-o-wisp and reflect. This pokemon still up for suggestions. I rarely use the fourth moveslot, I don't know what to put.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 Def / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Outrage

The last two pokemon are what I call as "supplementary" or "auxiliary". If my team are threatened of certain pokemons, I am putting their counter here.
First up is Kyurem-B. If I predicted right with his moves, victory could be guaranteed early. The fourth moveslot, again, asked for suggestions.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

After I have chosen my dragon, I tried to make my sixth pokemon the most neutral as possible, sort of like my safest switch into. Well a bulky fighting came to mind, and conkeldurr happened to cross my mind.
However, he is completely countered by M.gallade, As I don't really have a dedicated wall.

So far the pokemon that I found most troubling are clefables (or any fairy, really), it KOs kyurem, conk and gyaradosM, tank rotom to no end, and I once win against him by outstalling with bulk-up talonflame (his aromatherapy run out), this is why I don't really want to replace talonflame.

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Hi, reale. A time not spent by the Forum and about here now, but I think you can improve a little the team presentation. Thus it would be easier on the eyes and reading.

Well, at first the team did not look bad. But that set of Mew does not convince me. Although I seem confused by the "?" . Hm, I think that the Mew help you function more this other set:

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm
Nature
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic

Remove the rocks is equally important to put them. In your team there pokes suffering from them as Tanlonflame, you can not go far though Roost have priority. With this you lose Stealth Rock but want support.

The problem is that a user need now to put Stealth Rock. You could try replacing Conkeldurr to Hippowdon. Shock is good to fit the physical side and has access to recover. I will also make possible set:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Thus gain more balance in defense and pokes you cover weaknesses of the team. You can try the option with Rock Slide instead of Stone Edge if you hate failing at important moments. At the end of the day it is unique to the Talonflame own, Zard Y, etc. They are weak x4, so no matter how much power you have.

thanks kiry4n!
haha yes that (?) marks because I don't really sure what set should I use on Mew

however, since hippowdon is on team, do you think i should switch mew with exdarill@sand rush?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)