Hail Team

This team is meant to take away the advantages of the Sandstorm users.

Team at first glance:

Abomasnow@ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
Sassy Nature
252 HP / 20 SAtk / 160 SDef / 76 Spd
- Wood Hammer
- Blizzard
- Leech Seed
- Protect
Starter and hail inducer. Sassy so I get the hail going onto my side vs Tyranitar. Protect to scout for Choiced attacks and to regain HP for a seeded enemy. Blizzard is 100% accurate in hail, and Wood Hammer for waters.

Mamoswine@ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Cloak
Adamant Nature
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Curse
CurseSwine. Max HP to take hits, Curse to boost Atk and Def. Stone Edge for fliers and Ice Shard bypasses Curse. Welcome the 20% evasion boost in hail.

Tentacruel@ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Calm Nature
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
- Surf
- Blizzard
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
Special Wall of sorts. Counters MixApe and spins away rocks from my field. Blizzard hurts grass types and dragons. Absorbs Toxic Spikes and lays them down as well.

Frosslass@ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Cloak
Timid Nature
224 HP/ 252 Spd / 34 SDef
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Spikes
- Swagger
Parufusion set. Credit of the set goes to Sulla. The idea is to bring her in when hail is up and set up a substitute. When they switch, you Thunder Wave the switch in. If it is a ground type, you use Swagger and confuse them. As they miss due to Snow Cloak, you set up Spikes on their field.

Blissey@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SDef
- Aromatherapy
- Ice Beam
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
Special Wall and cleric. SToss to deal consistent damage. Softboiled to heal, and Aromatherapy to cure status. Ice Beam to hit ghosts.

Gliscor@ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Impish Nature
252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spd
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
Hera Counter. Lays down SR, AA and EQ for STAB, and Roost to heal himself. 76 Spd allows me to outrun Breloom.

Umm don't have time for a full review right now but. If you're using a hail team you might as well put blizzard over icebeam.

Tentacruel isn't very powerful when it cannot heal, and it has 0 Special Attack Evs? If so, put Hydro Pump/Blizzard in there, it desperately needs to boost its Special Damage potential, whether or not you want to change the EVs.

Surf with such small attack power is very weak, even when Super Effective, and Blizzard helps increase your chance to 1hko Dragons.

*You can keep Ice beam on Blissey, but Tentacruel really needs Blizzard.

Also I suggest Blizzard over Swagger on Frosslass. I use a similar set with max Speed/Sp. Attack, and 23 HP IVs (for 273 HP, like Ninjask) for max substitutes. Blizzard handles Ground types who are immune to Thunder Wave, and helps to 1hko slower Dragon threats (non-scarf Flygon/Garchomp/Salamence), whom can carry Fire Blast & skrew your team over (and switching Tentacruel won't save you either as Flygon/Garchomp carry Earthquake).

Seems like you need a fast Sweeper of either sort aswell. U can use Frosslass w/ max Special Attack, but 259 Sp. A. with only 1 move isn't really sweeper status.

Perhaps a Life Orb Weavile to Take out faster threats...?

Ice Punch
BBreak
Night Slash
Pursuit (Mamoswine already has Ice Shard)

Really saves you from Azelf/Gengar/Alakazam sweeps and acts as a revenge killer, and Pursuit comes in handy on their switch. Even if they don't switch you still do alot: 40x1.5=60x2= 120 *Super Effective* + 30% Life Orb = 120 x 1.3= 156 Base Damage (even Stronger than a STABBED Return/EQ).

If you are concerned about SRock, try Agilagross w/

Met. Mash
Agility
Earthquake
Thunder Punch/Explosion

He helps handle Rock/Steel/Ice/Flying moves directed at various pokemon you have. (ie: Bullet Punch Lucario/Metagross, Stone Edge Aerodactyl, Ice Beam Porygon Z)

You have a bulky Abomasnow which is likely to stay alive, meaning you'll have Hail almost always. Put Blizzard on Blissey / Tentacruel.

Even if you don't have the Hail going, Blizzard isn't too bad.

Abomasnow is a terrible lead. If you don't believe me, what are your options against...

1. Gengar -- loss to Focus Blast / Sludge Bomb / Hypnosis
2. Gyarados -- Loss to Stone Edge
3. Tyranitar -- Always outspeeds you and Crunch / Stone Edges someone on your team. You don't have a counter to CB Tar either.
4. Bronzong -- Lays Rocks, Hypnosis and utterly walls your set. He'll switch out eventually due to leech seed, but that doesn't hurt him that much.
5. Salamence -- Flamethrower, Specs, Dragon Dance... you name it. Good luck vs mixmence.
6. Hippowdon -- Finally, a pogie who actually loses to you.
7. Ninjask -- Do you even have a phazer on your team?
8. Yanmega -- Outspeeds and uses Hypnosis. Fortunately, blissey stops this guy stone cold, but it has to watch out for U-Turn.
9. Weavile -- Not only is Abomasnow bad vs this top lead, your entire team doesn't have a safe switch-in.
10. Abomasnow -- Well, you have at least a 50% chance of beating him >_>
11. Swampert -- Pokemon #2 Abomasnow wins against.
12. Azelf -- Flamethrower.
13. Roserade -- Sleep Powder, HP Fire
14. Crobat -- Hypnosis, CB Brave Bird, Air Slash, Sludge Bomb
15. Infernape -- Tentacruel is going to be taking an unnecessary early hit in this game.

So you beat 2 of your opponent's pokemon out, and 11/15 top leads clearly beat you (and Bronzong / Abomasnow are virtually ties). Find a better lead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)