Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another random probably dumb question. Basically about ev. So i know about eving at level 1 but what if I got a legend at like level 45 and start then. Am i losing ev stats because of its level and not starting at level one or will those "empty" levels/stats come at lets say level 100 or so?

I have another random probably dumb question. Basically about ev. So i know about eving at level 1 but what if I got a legend at like level 45 and start then. Am i losing ev stats because of its level and not starting at level one or will those "empty" levels/stats come at lets say level 100 or so?
EV stats are gained no matter what level you start at. The whole level 100 thing is that all the EVs will show their true potential at lvl 100. So if I EV train a mon at level 1 and get it to level 100 later, it will have the same stats as a level 100 mon that was EV trained at level 100. This is often why there are different EV spreads for level 50 battles, because EVs show a bit differently at level 50. Often, though, it doesn't matter too much.

Does Chandelure have to wait until Pokebank to get Heat Wave? I see it is an egg move but I can't find a parent to chain breed it
Yes. It was a tutor attack for Slugma/Litwick last gen, but both of those can breed it onto Litwick when it gets transferred over.

No, I've traded Vullaby eggs and they are still in Luxury balls when they hatch.
The reason I asked is because when you offer an egg for trade, the pokeball icon shows a standard pokeball after you press "show". It does keep the ball though.

Does Counter return 3x damage with Mega Khan?

I noticed on the pokemon-gl.com site that more items become available for purchase as you gain more medals. Do you think it's possible that leftovers and other items like life orbs will become available in that shop?

It just is annoying to have only one leftovers in the game.

EDIT: i guess this isn't really a question and more of speculation, but i didn't think it deserved its own thread so i put it here haha

Last edited:
I noticed on the pokemon-gl.com site that more items become available for purchase as you gain more medals. Do you think it's possible that leftovers and other items like life orbs will become available in that shop?

It just is annoying to have only one leftovers in the game.

EDIT: i guess this isn't really a question and more of speculation, but i didn't think it deserved its own thread so i put it here haha
You can get more leftovers through PickUp, regardless.

Are the leftovers you get by the skiddo ranch the only ones you can get (excluding pickup)? Or can you keep leftovers after battle if you use thief on Psychic inver's ferrothorn (which serebii says is holding them)?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Are the leftovers you get by the skiddo ranch the only ones you can get (excluding pickup)? Or can you keep leftovers after battle if you use thief on Psychic inver's ferrothorn (which serebii says is holding them)?
Since BW, you haven't been able to keep items you steal from trainers. The Skiddo Ranch Leftovers are the only ones available outside of Pick Up.

Anyone got the max stats for Zygarde and Mewtwo? I need max with Neutral nature on both and max speed nature for Zyggy and max special attack nature M2. Im trying to catch decent ones and need a faster way to decipher IVs than a calc. Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is a way to teach Gyarados Bounce, Emolga Iron Tail and Crobat Giga Drain? These could be taught by tutor in gen iv and v, but the move pool of gen vi tutors seems to be about 10 moves total.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Does anyone know if there is a way to teach Gyarados Bounce, Emolga Iron Tail and Crobat Giga Drain? These could be taught by tutor in gen iv and v, but the move pool of gen vi tutors seems to be about 10 moves total.
You will have to wait until PokéBank is released in December to transfer over those Pokémon who were tutored those moves in previous games. You cannot get them in XY.

ok, so i am still breeding rotoms. I have a 3IV ditto, but one of the IVs is attack. Would i have higher chances going from 3IV ditto + 4IV rotom to a 6 IV rotom, or going from 2IV ditto + 4 IV rotom to a 5 IV rotom

ok, so i am still breeding rotoms. I have a 3IV ditto, but one of the IVs is attack. Would i have higher chances going from 3IV ditto + 4IV rotom to a 6 IV rotom, or going from 2IV ditto + 4 IV rotom to a 5 IV rotom
TL/DR: Depending on the IV spread between both Pokemon, the latter is typically faster.

Not TL/DR: Take for instance the following scenario:

Rotom: 31/31/31/31/x/x

Ditto: x/31/x/x/31/31

Remember that when using the Destiny Knot 5 of the 6 stats will be inherited from the parents. Say speed wasn't inherited this time.

(50% chance to inherit 31 HP, since only one parent has 31) X (100% chance to inherit 31 Att, since both parents have 31) X (50% for Def) X (50% for Sp Att) X (50% for Sp Def) = 6.25% chance to inherit a 31 value for HP through Sp Def.

Since Speed wasn't inherited, you have a 1/32 (or 3.125%) chance of getting a value of 31 (or any other single value for that matter). Thus, the chances of you getting all 31s is: 6.25% X 3.125% = 0.195%.

Now, if Attack wasn't inherited instead of Speed, then the odds would be a bit lower since Attack is the only stat were both parents have 31. It would be 0.50^5 for the first part, rather than 0.50^4. Also consider that this was a scenario where every inherited stat had a 50% chance to be 31. If neither parents have a 31 for a particular stat, then the child will never inherit a 31. An example would be like this:

Rotom: 31/31/31/31/x/x

Ditto: 31/31/31/x/x/x

Still a 4IV Rotom and 3IV Ditto, but this case has a 0% chance of resulting in a 6IV Pokemon. You'll only be able to get all 31s if you use a different parent.

that's pretty subjective, but you can get:
pokeball, great, ultra, premier, dive, quick, dusk, repeat, timer, nest, net, luxury, heal, master
Sorry but dragonite isnt that good so you may as well get a salamence. its better in all factors except it cant learn extremespeed :(

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry but dragonite isnt that good so you may as well get a salamence. its better in all factors except it cant learn extremespeed :(
Um, they play completely different for the most part, so saying that Salamence is better simply isn't true.

What Pokeball (available in XY) looks best with Dragonite?
Repeat Ball matches the best imo, but Luxury and Dive are both good options as well.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Anyone got the max stats for Zygarde and Mewtwo? I need max with Neutral nature on both and max speed nature for Zyggy and max special attack nature M2. Im trying to catch decent ones and need a faster way to decipher IVs than a calc. Thanks!
This can be done by just calculating manually. (Note: All values are floored)

The formulae for the stats are:
HP = ((IV + 2 × Base Stat + (EV ÷ 4)) × Level ÷ 100 ) + 10 + Level
Other Stat = (((IV + 2 × Base Stat + (EV ÷ 4)) × Level ÷ 100 ) + 5) × Nature Value

Mewtwo's Base Stats are: 106 HP / 110 Atk / 90 Def / 154 SpA / 90 SpD / 130 Spe
Zygarde's Base Stats are: 108 HP / 100 Atk / 121 Def / 81 SpA / 95 SpD / 95 Spe

HP = ((31 + 2 × 106 + (0 ÷ 4)) × 70 ÷ 100 ) + 10 + 70 = 250
Atk = (((31 + 2 × 110 + (0 ÷ 4)) × 70 ÷ 100 ) + 5) × 1 = 180
Def = (((31 + 2 × 90 + (0 ÷ 4)) × 70 ÷ 100 ) + 5) × 1 = 152
SpA = (((31 + 2 × 154 + (0 ÷ 4)) × 70 ÷ 100 ) + 5) × 1 = 242
+SpA = (((31 + 2 × 154 + (0 ÷ 4)) × 70 ÷ 100 ) + 5) × 1.1 = 266
SpD = (((31 + 2 × 90 + (0 ÷ 4)) × 70 ÷ 100 ) + 5) × 1 = 152
Spe = (((31 + 2 × 130 + (0 ÷ 4)) × 70 ÷ 100 ) + 5) × 1 = 208
HP = ((31 + 2 × 108 + (0 ÷ 4)) × 70 ÷ 100 ) + 10 + 70 = 252
Atk = (((31 + 2 × 100 + (0 ÷ 4)) × 70 ÷ 100 ) + 5) × 1 = 166
Def = (((31 + 2 × 121 + (0 ÷ 4)) × 70 ÷ 100 ) + 5) × 1 = 196
SpA = (((31 + 2 × 81 + (0 ÷ 4)) × 70 ÷ 100 ) + 5) × 1 = 140
SpD = (((31 + 2 × 95 + (0 ÷ 4)) × 70 ÷ 100 ) + 5) × 1 = 152
Spe = (((31 + 2 × 95 + (0 ÷ 4)) × 70 ÷ 100 ) + 5) × 1 = 159
+Spe = (((31 + 2 × 95 + (0 ÷ 4)) × 70 ÷ 100 ) + 5) × 1.1 = 175

Basically what you are looking for in terms of Legendaries with the max stats:
Mewtwo (w/ +SpA): 250 HP / 180 Atk / 152 Def / 266 SpA / 152 SpD / 208 Spe
Zygarde (w/ +Spe): 252 HP / 166 Atk / 196 Def / 140 SpA / 159 SpD / 175 Spe

I hope this helps you on your quest.

So, Serebii is saying now that the shiny chance has been increased to 1 in 4096 for normal encounters, and the Masuda Method has been DOUBLED to about 1 in 700. How the crap is he getting that data? Was this announced from some source I overlooked?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^Given the Hoopa/Diancie/Volcanion affair, it's very possible that Serebii is in touch with people who are cracking the game. He might get some data from them.

Now to see whether or not tipping affects anything but your wallet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)