Help this lousy team of mine!

Help this lousy team of mine!(RMT)

I was going to ask on multiple forums for advise with this team but I wanted to post here first since I know from looking at people's posts, they obviously know what they are talking about so I hope you are willing to help me. And I said please :) Just now, anyway.

Gyarados @ CB
Nature: Jolly +speed -sp. att
Ev Spread: 252 Speed, 128 Attack?, Rest in HP?
-Ice Fang
-Stone Edge
-Aqua Tail
-Earthquake

This thing is made to lead first and cut through most Gabby leads and kill it with 1-2 Ice Fang attacks. This thing covers a lot of things and can stop other gyarados with stone edge, and mess with other pokes that can wall it. Hopefully the Ev's aren't too horrible.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest or Calm
Ev Spread: 252 Sp. Attack, Rest in Sp.Defense? or HP?
-Leech Seed
-Rain Dance
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Energy Ball/Ice Beam/Focus Bomb

This thing wants to live a while but I can't decide between Rain Dish or Swift Swim. If I replaced Wet Rock with lefties, Swift Swim would be a good choice but if I stick with Wet Rock, I would want to keep Rain Dish. This thing can survive a while and dish out damage back with Its STAB water attack and the second special attack. This thing will die painfully against a fire fang life orb/swords dancing Land shark so I might want to give it defense and HP Evs.

Magmortar @ Adherance Glasses
Nature: Timid
Ev Spread: Sp. attack 252, Speed 252. Hp 6
-Flamethrower
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Bomb

I was thinkin of making him a Sunnybeamer so that he could cover his ground weakness but decided I'll just switch to Gyarados if that happens. This thing will thrash with a lot of stuff and do its best to make sure the opponent is miserable. Made it timid so it can outspeed most water types and land a thunderbolt. This thing will definetly die at the hands of Gabby and Gyarados and some other powerful pokes with quake but that's why gyarados is there, to screw with other gyarados and save this thing from extinction.

Bronzong@ Lum Berry/Light Clay/Rawst Berry
Nature: Brave/Relaxed
Ability: Levitate
Ev spread: Hp, Attack, Defense
-Gyro Ball/Reflect
-Earthquake/Reflect
-Stealth Rock
-Hypnosis

Reflect on the Gabby switch, laugh as they realise that either their fire fang or quake isn't effective and doesn't land much of a dent, set up stealth rock, Hypnosis or leave, then switch in on an innefective attack and use Gyro Ball or Quake to mash them. Seems effective but getting burned will lower this things attack power even though this thing ain't made to attack.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Ev Spread: 252 Attack, 6 Sp. Defense, 252 HP
-Will O’ Wisp
-Earthquake
-Rest
-(Insert Punch Here)

This thing is made to tank and attack, it’s big gap being it’s horrible HP. But awesome defenses plus Will O’ Wisp and Sp. Def Evs help make up for it. Earthquake and a punch is made for a large coverage and to make sure that this thing lives. Rest is to help it survive.

Creseria @ Burn Orb
Nature: Quiet
EV Spread: 252 Sp. Att, 252 HP, 6 on a defense
-Charge Beam
-Psycho Shift
-Protect
-Psychic/Energy Ball/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
(ditching for infernape in progress)

First turn protect, get burned, next turn, psycho shift, once physical sweeper tries to attack, Use Charge Beam if it ain’t the land shark so you can raise your Sp. Attack, then use your second attack to use a varied combination of neutrals and super effectives to survive, you could replace charge beam with rest, take of the burn orb, give it leftovers, Give it thunder wave over Psycho Shift, then get rid of protect for a second special move. I’m thinking of replacing it, not sure what to replace it with.

As you can notice, I lack a sixth Pokemon and I’m sure there’s a massive weakness I haven’t noticed, but help would be appreciated. Thanks to all who help me. I know I have horrible EV spreads, and help would be appreciated. Anyway, please do help this team, it ain't great but it might work.

Earthquake is not filler on Gyarados, it should be on every set. If you're going with all out attack on him then give him a Choice Band. I prefer a bulkier Gyarados with Dragon Dance and Leftovers, but the CBer is fine.

Drop Rain Dance on Ludicolo, it'll limit your Magmortar's power too much. Leech Seed/Surf/Ice Beam/Grass Rope is good.

For Magmortar, I'd drop Focus Bomb in favour or either Cross Chop or Focus Punch. They do far more damage to Blissey and Snorlax. Psychic doesn't really help against anything, HP Ice or Grass are better options. Flamethrower or Overheat are best for a Choice Glasses set over Smoke Erupt as you're going for raw power. Consider using a Choice Scarf on him as it helps make up for his average speed.

I'm not keen on Bronzong, but he's a decent wall. I'd go with Gyro Ball/Earthquake/Hypnosis/Stealth Rock.

Dusknoir would be better off with a Careful nature and less attack, more defense despite Will-O-Wisp. I'd go with Shadow Punch and Thunderpunch (for Gyarados) for his two attacks slots. Also, ditch Rest for Pain Split as Resting just gives your opponent a free hit or a set up opportunity.

I'd ditch Cresseria, it gives you another Dark weaknesses which this team really can't afford. You need some more offense so consider a fast sweeper like Infernape or Garchomp.

Your Duskinoir should be a Carefull nature. Go w/ Swift swim and Energy ball on Ludicolo for double STAB and w/ swift swim, you will be faster that anything.

My changes are in bold so that I know what I've changed. Magmortar's speed is fairly lousy but I think I'll just give him a +speed -attack nature instead. Dusknoir does have a lousy HP so ok. Now I need two pokemon but I'll need a Infernape moveset to replace Cresselia. Any help would be great.

You could do with some more physical offense so the Swords Dance set for Infernape would work very well. Swords Dance/In Fight/Flare Drive/Stone Edge is the standard, but you can replace Stone Edge for Thunderpunch. You'll have problems hurting Salamence without Stone Edge though.

I'll make it adamant and give it choice band. I'd take out swords dance for sumersault. It could be really useful. Or Jolly would work just as well.

You can opt for Overheat instead of Flare Drive if you want to surprise something that tries to physically wall you.

Pneuma: Yeah, at least I wouldn't take recoil so should I make it adamant or jolly. I got walled completely bya max curse curselax that had earthquake and return. Thank you me for using a subpunching gengar.

nomargu: Now I'm really wondering know. Gyarados would work well with flexibility yet choice band lets it dish out pain by a lot. I'm thinking more flexability so I'll go with giving it a shell bell(I know, odd item but if it takes down something big and bulky, the resuts could be good)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)