ORAS LC Help Tweak my Team :D

Hello everybody, its CoolGuyJoey here with my first "Rate My Team" forum post on here. I actually haven't been playing LC until tonight, recently been trying VGC on showdown since I don't have the newest hard copies of the games. Been doing okay but ugh doesn't the 500 Kyogres and Groudons annoy you? But tonight I played a game of LC and remembered how high I was on ladder and how good it felt doing so well for once. So nothing to do tonight. Time to kill, so I wanted to try and show the evolution of my team.

Right now this team has gotten me to top 30 and hovering there for awhile till I took a break. I'm still in the top 500 currently. Right now my biggest flaws are Ferroseed is a very hard mon for this team to take out unless I force / trick it into taking an Overheat from Fletchling(which doesn't 1HKO, I think it's like 60%). Also Ponyta / Larvesta is very hard since the Flamebody can always fuck you up. Also no Grass moves is sometimes a concern but usually doesn't matter much. Also the ever prevalent Chinchou is a hard mon to fight other than Porygon.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thief
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 32 Def / 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 196 Atk / 92 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Overheat

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Thunder Wave

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Thunderbolt - Psychic

Now the Analyzes

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 196 Atk / 92 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

- Overheat
So Fletchling is this teams sweeper. I chose this Pokemon because I love the Gale Wings ability - Priority stab Flying moves sounds good to me. I actually go against the grain here and chose to leave out the Roost. I opted to replace it with Overheat because my team is walled heavily by Ferroseed (one problem I need to fix). This mon is the key reason for many wins tho and is always useful.

Mienfoo
@ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out
So Mienfoo is the solid Fighting type on my team. I opt for the Regenerator Eviolite set because I think it's 100% more viable than Choice Scarf. I tested out High Jump Kick, Acrobatics, and I believe I tried Poison Jab in the Fake Out slot but the priority is so nice and it goes hand in hand with using Regenerator. Overall my favorite Fighting mon in LC.

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 32 Def / 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon
I opt for the Choice Scarf Magnemite. I really like the stab Volt Switch packed with Choice Scarf as a great revenge killer / or get the switch in advantage. Also helps me with dealing with Abras, since my team did struggle with him a lot in the past until this change.

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thief
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
Snubbull is a great mon in LC. The Intimidate is nice, Thief is like a wannabe Knock Off that sometime nets you a good item like a second Berry Juice. Definitely good counter to the ever present Fighting types and certain other match ups. And you gotta have the T-Wave cancer too lol.

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Thunder Wave
Porygon is one of the best changes I made to this team. This is mainly for Chinchou's to take either Volt Absorb or Water absorb (usually you take Volt Absorb and tank a Volt Switch). Also T-wave is nice, good counter to the ever present Torchic, steal the Speed Boost, and T-Wave on the switch or just straight dual the Torchic.

Staryu @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
I went with Staryu for the tankyness and speed. Speed was key since my team isn't the fastest. Rapid Spin for hazards, opted for the Psychic cause it still hits Foongus and the Fighting types that are always around. And I just felt like recover wasn't needed and opted for Thunderbolt to just add more coverage overall.

I thank anyone who made it this far. Please leave instructive criticism below since I wanna keep making tweaks to make it a better team. Have a good day and stay safe people.
-CoolGuyJoey

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
High Jump Kick > Drain Punch on Mienfoo is typically the better choice as this allows for Mienfoo to have more of a presence as the game drags on, allowing for it to punish Spritzee, beat Porygon, and punish teams that use Acrobatics Mienfoo as their fighting switch in. This also means Ferroseed dies Stone Edge > Fake Out on Mienfoo would also be a more offensive choice, allowing for Larvesta and Ponyta to be unable to switch in reliably, while also punishing the likes of Vullaby. This makes the team weaker to Abra, though it is still fine considering you have Magnemite, Porygon, Fletchling and sometimes Staryu to help against it. Snubbull can also switch in if SR isn't up, though this might be a bad choice if they have fighting type.
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Staryu needs the move change of Recover > Thunderbolt, allowing for Staryu to check Drilbur and Ponyta much more frequently, and generally more easily abuse Scald burns. Thunderbolt isn't needed, as Psychic hits most smashers hard enough to KO, and Psychic has more utility against Timburr, Mienfoo, gastly, and Croagunk than Thunderbolt does hitting Vullaby, Corphish, and Staryus. However, this changes if you do run the next suggestion
Staryu @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Recover
- Thunderbolt / Psychic

Magnemite is not the best choice for this team; Scarf Pawniard provides the team with hazards, more knock off support to give Fletchling a better edge, a better win condition, and either Pursuit to completely remove Gastly or Sucker Punch to help against faster pokemon such Omanyte after a Shell Smash. Running Pursuit does allow for Thunderbolt Staryu to be viable, making Vullaby basically a nonissue and once again making the team fair okayly against Water spam; Pursuit also aids against Flying Spam as you can pursuit trap at least one member of the core.
Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)