Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Starmie

• Weavile

• None

• Total voters
Doing a live tournament next week and I'm looking for some feedback on my team. I don't have "competitive" legionaries like Heatran or Keldeo so keep that in mind. The main idea is a full offense, rushdown kind of play.

PINNANO MAN (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt

Mega Metagross functions as my physical attacker core, to be used and die early but is able to stick around with its natural bulk. Bullet Punch to be used to secure a quick kill or just finish something off. Meteor Mash over Hammer Arm just in case he gets the ATK boost. Zen Headbutt helps to deal with the bulky Water types that this team struggles with. I went with Earthquake in the last slot simply for the fact that Garchomp dies too easily and I need another cover for Electric types.

Aero Smith (Talonflame)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Bulk Up

Talonflame is here to handle Ferrothorn. I tried a lot of different setups but I found that if the other team doesn't have a specific Talonflame target and if i can kill any hard checks then setting up with bulk up and roost gives me a good chance to sweep.

Bad Company (Starmie) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Starmie's function is to clear Stealth Rocks and allow Talonflame and Weavile to switch in safely. This team is weak to entry hazards and Starmie was the best coverage to fit in. Outside of Rapid Spin, Starmie also threatens the bulky ground types that would give problems to Mega Meta and Talonflame. Thunderbolt helps to cover the bulk Water types that this team struggles with.

Dragonforce (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Garchomp tends to be the lead with his Stealth Rock set up. Dragon Tail to phase and Earthquake to Stab, I went with Poison Jab over Iron Head and it has worked out much better for me, being able to hit opposing Talonflames and the occasional Breloom.

Baba O'Reilly (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Gengar ends up being the other side of my core set. Generally strong stabs, Special ATK and an immunity to Ground makes him a good compliment to Mega Meta, at least in my opinion. Also added benefit of being an anti-Chansey earns him a spot.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Weavile is mostly reserved for the last fight, and being able to secure a free Swords Dance with Focus Sash is a plus. I specifically included him to help me deal with Lando-T which was giving me more trouble than I wanted. Revenge kills, priority, Knock Off, and set ups, Weavile just does what he needs to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)