Hephaestus makes his move! (A Warstory)

I was just on Shoddy last morning as I am occasionally, when I clicked Find and mess came up. Little did I know that it would be as close of a battle as it was. My opponent had nicknames for his pokemon that I didn't edit out; I listed them at the top corresponding to each in case you forget.

My team (Lamb of God):

mess's team:

"Frezzer" "Morchella" "Electrivire" "Sabishii" "Gengar" "Crocodile"

My comments will be in red

The log will be bolded

All occurences of leftovers recovery will be taken out after it is first revealed that the pokemon has such item.

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
mess sent out Frezzer (lvl 100 Togekiss ?).
Lamb of God sent out Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!
mess switched in Morchella (lvl 100 Breloom ?).
Tyranitar used Stone Edge.
Tyranitar's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.
Morchella is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Morchella lost 6% of its health.
Morchella was badly poisoned!

---
Morchella used Leech Seed.
Morchella's attack missed!
Tyranitar used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Morchella lost 94% of its health.
mess's Morchella fainted.
Tyranitar lost 10% of its health.

Good old Mixtar. My favorite lead, it usually nets 2 KO's per game. Luckily for me, he either wasn't carrying Spore or was expecting a switch, both of which could have been. Either way, I've already taken the lead.

Score: 6-5 Lamb of God
---
mess switched in Frezzer (lvl 100 Togekiss ?).
Frezzer used Air Slash.
It's not very effective...
Tyranitar lost 14% of its health.
Tyranitar flinched!

At this point, I'm worrying about whether he has Aura Sphere or not. He may be trying to wear me down until Aura Sphere is in the KO range, which would take few more turns. Then again, he may be trying to fake me out. I decide to take a gamble and stay in.

---
Frezzer used Air Slash.
Tyranitar lost 14% of its health.
Tyranitar flinched!
---
Frezzer used Air Slash.
Tyranitar lost 13% of its health.
Tyranitar used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Frezzer lost 88% of its health.
mess's Frezzer fainted.

Just as I thought. He probably was carrying another move over Aura Sphere, and in this case it did no good for him. Or I got lucky with, uhh, un-hax. Maybe he was feeling bold, (sorry, no pun intended).

Score: 6-4 Lamb of God

---
mess switched in Electivire (lvl 100 Electivire ?).
Lamb of God switched in Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi).
Electivire used Earthquake.
Celebi lost 12% of its health.

I expected a Cross Chop, but this wasn't any worse. He's probably running Ice Punch, so it's time to hit F12 and run a few damage calcs. As it turns out, Celebi is 3HKO'ed by Ice Punch, meaning I can just set up on him with Calm Mind. As long as he doesn't CH me or have flamethower (which would 2hko), I'll be fine.

---
Electivire used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Celebi lost 38% of its health.
Celebi used Psychic.
Electivire lost 40% of its health.
---
It's super effective!
Celebi lost 42% of its health.
Celebi used Recover.
Celebi restored 50% of its health.
---
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Celebi lost 57% of its health.
Lamb of God's Celebi fainted.

DAMN. My only decent wall, gone. This is not good, considering I don't know what the rest of his team is. Time to get revenge with Heatran.

Score: 5-4 Lamb of God

---
Lamb of God switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Heatran used Earth Power.
It's super effective!
Electivire lost 35% of its health.
mess's Electivire fainted.

Well, at least that worked out for me. Unfortunately, now he knows I have a Scarfed Heatran.

Score: 5-3 Lamb of God
---
mess switched in Sabishii (lvl 100 Kingdra ?).
Lamb of God switched in Magnezone (lvl 100 Magnezone).
Sabishii used Rain Dance.
The sandstorm stopped.
Rain began to fall!
The rain continues to fall.

Magnezone comfortably resists dragon, ice, and electric moves, but I don't know how well he'll take a boosted surf. Either way, he's my best bet since my main water resist (Celebi) was taken down by a critical hit.

---
Sabishii used Waterfall.
Magnezone lost 56% of its health.
Magnezone flinched!

NO!! I was crushed by the stupid 20% flinching chance!:chaos: Only thing I can do now is sacrifice my poor Magnezone and hope for a revenge kill with my "special defensive oriented" Togekiss. That is, assuming that he is running a mixed set with Rain Dance/Waterfall/Surf/Draco Meteor. Togekiss may have some trouble with repeated waterfalls.

---
Sabishii used Waterfall.
Magnezone lost 50% of its health.
Lamb of God's Magnezone fainted.

Score: 4-3 Lamb of God

---
Lamb of God switched in Togekiss (lvl 100 Togekiss ?).
Sabishii used Waterfall.
Togekiss lost 49% of its health.
Togekiss used Thunder Wave.
Sabishii is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

There we go. Nothing stops a Kingdra sweep like a nice Thunder Wave. Now I can flinchhax his Kingdra until he cries from frustration. Keep in mind that his Kingdra is paralyzed, as it will become very handy later on.

---
mess switched in Gengar (lvl 100 Gengar ?).
Togekiss used Roost.
Togekiss restored 42% of its health.
The rain stopped.
---
Gengar used Taunt.
Togekiss fell for the taunt!
Togekiss used Thunder Wave.
Togekiss can't use Thunder Wave after the taunt!

What's this?! A Taunt Gengar?! I never expected one of these since I almost never see them. I was outpredicted, but I still could outdo Gengar. I hit F12 and did a few damage calcs again, and it seems that Togekiss won't survive if Gengar is LO. I could switch to Garchomp, but he probably has HP Ice waiting just in case, and I only have 333 speed. I might as well attempt to do some damage while I still can.

---
Gengar used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 50% of its health.
Gengar lost 10% of its health.
Togekiss used Air Slash.
Gengar lost 35% of its health.
---
Gengar used Sludge Bomb.
Togekiss lost 32% of its health.
Togekiss used Air Slash.
Gengar lost 35% of its health.
---
Gengar used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 31% of its health.
Lamb of God's Togekiss fainted.
mess's Gengar fainted.

Air Slash did less than I hoped, but with accumulated Life Orb damage, he managed to sacrifice his Gengar in defeating my Togekiss. An eye for an eye, I suppose, but I'm not sure what kind of wicked prediction he expected with Sludge Bomb. Either way, I'm still in a good offensive position, and I still have the lead. Now the only question is what his last pokemon is.

Score: 3-2 Lamb of God

---
Lamb of God switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!
Tyranitar used Ice Beam.
Sabishii lost 35% of its health.
Sabishii used Waterfall.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 29% of its health.
Lamb of God's Tyranitar fainted.

I needed sandstorm set up to activate Garchomp's Sand Veil, and Tyranitar was low health. Ice Beam didn't do as much as I hoped, but I guess that's what you get when your attacking from 284 special attack. Now Kingdra is at least slightly weakened, but I'm in a bad position, as my two last pokemon Garchomp and Heatran both don't like taking attacks from Kingdra.

Score: 2-2 Tie
---
Lamb of God switched in Garchomp (lvl 100 Garchomp ?).
mess switched in Crocodile (lvl 100 Skarmory ?).
Garchomp used Substitute.
Garchomp lost 25% of its health.
Garchomp made a substitute!

Crap. Skarmory, the ONLY counter to my SubSD Garchomp. I don't know what set he has, but if he has Brave Bird, I'm in even more trouble, as it will always break my Sub.
---
Garchomp used Outrage.
Garchomp went on a rampage!
Crocodile lost 18% of its health.
Crocodile used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!
---
Garchomp used Outrage.
Crocodile lost 19% of its health.
Crocodile used Brave Bird.
Crocodile's attack missed!
---
Garchomp used Outrage.
Crocodile lost 19% of its health.
Crocodile used Roost.
Crocodile restored 44% of its health.
Garchomp's rampage ended.
Garchomp became confused!

Great. [/sarcasm] I'm down 25% of my HP, and Skarmory came away from the incident with no damage. If I don't outpredict him, I'll quickly lose. Seeing as he'll readily switch Kingdra into Heatran and Heatran is the only one who can beat Skarmory, I'm going to have to do some mind tricks. After 3 SD's, Garchomp can 2HKO Skarmory with Outrage, which is actually quite pathetic. It's times like these that I really wish I had Fire Blast.
---
Pointed stones dug into Heatran.
Heatran lost 12% of its health.
Crocodile used Whirlwind.
Pointed stones dug into Garchomp.
Garchomp lost 6% of its health.

Misprediction on my part, I thought he was going to use Brave Bird. I pay for my misprediction fairly with 1/8 of my previously untouched Heatran's HP.

---
Garchomp used Swords Dance.
Garchomp's attack was sharply raised.

YES!! Now just use Brave Bird and miss again. Hopefully, he'll catch on to my strategy and he'll Whirlwind me to Heatran. Once I get Heatran out, I can safely use Earth Power when he switches out to Kingdra. It's risky, but I think I could pull it off. Whether I can actually finish him off this way is dependent on whether his Kingdra can OHKO my Heatran in case I mispredict. Poor Heatran only has 4 hp ev's. Either Surf or Hydro Pump could really mess me up. All I can hope is that he's running some odd physical set.

---
Garchomp lost 32% of its health.
Crocodile was hit by recoil!
Crocodile lost 11% of its health.
---
Crocodile used Whirlwind.

A turn early, yes, but still good for me. If I decide to use Fire Blast, it could take out his Skarmory and set me up to win, but if he switches to Kingdra, I'm pretty much toast as he could surprise me with a Draco Meteor aimed at my Garchomp. I'll try Earth Power and hope he predicts as I wish.

---
Sabishii lost 31% of its health.
---
mess switched in Crocodile (lvl 100 Skarmory ?).
It doesn't affect Crocodile...

As strange as it seems, I had to do that. He knew my Heatran was Scarfed, and I would have killed his Kingdra had he stayed in.

---

Once again, Garchomp comes through for me with the opponent's 80% accuracy as a byproduct of Sand Veil. I still would be in huge trouble if I mispredicted as Sand Veil can't save my ass every time. Stealth Rocks also is me pay for my switchins, so I have to make use of every % of HP I have left.

---
Heatran lost 16% of its health.
Crocodile lost 5% of its health.
---
Heatran used Fire Blast.
Heatran's attack missed!
Heatran lost 17% of its health.
Crocodile lost 5% of its health.

FUCK. That was possibly the worst thing that could happen to me. Now he's going to switch into Kingdra and finish me off. Damn it. Arceus is such a double-agent.

But it's not over yet!!
---
Heatran used Fire Blast.
It's super effective!
Crocodile lost 100% of its health.
mess's Crocodile fainted.

For some odd reason, he stayed in!!! This leaves only his Kingdra left. I'll have to switch to Garchomp to take his Surf. Even if he predicts and uses Ice Beam, I'll still outspeed him with Heatran and KO with Earth Power.

Score: 2-1 Lamb of God
---
Sabishii is paralysed! It can't move!

Unneeded hax, but still doesn't hurt. Arceus is still a hypocrite, though.
---
mess: gg
Lamb of God: gg
Lamb of God: do you mind if i warstory this?
mess: do as you like
Lamb of God: okay then,
Garchomp used Earthquake.
Sabishii lost 15% of its health.
mess's Sabishii fainted.
Lamb of God wins!

Score: 2-0 Lamb of God

There you have it. I was so enthralled I decided to shut down Shoddybattle to write this warstory.

Props:
-Tyranitar, for being a beast and taking down two opponents
-Garchomp, for whose Sand Veil probably was what allowed me to win this match
-mess, for a great battle right up to the end
-Myself, for not losing my cool in the end of the match

Slops:
-Celebi, for doing absolutely nothing and being CH'ed by Electrivire.
-mess's Skarmory was a bitch
-Hax wasn't nice to me in the beginning of the match (although I think it evened out by the end).
-Myself, for making rash moves at the beginning of the match (it was worth it but probably wasn't the best move).

Thank you all for reading, and I'm sorry if there are any huge spelling/grammar errors.

please dont use nicknames in warstories. no one wants to constantly scroll back up because they cant remember who is doing what.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just because a battle was close doesn't mean it's warstory worthy. This battle was pretty terrible on both parts, particularly the part of your opponent (come on, Sludge Bomb on Gengar? That's just silly)

Almost stopped reading at "morchilla did X"; I don't know what a morchilla is and I don't want to have to go out of my way to find out after the first time he appears.

Your choices of Magnezone in on Kingdra was pretty poor, as damage calcs show that a standard kingdra after a Rain Dance does a minimum of 83% on a standard Magnezone w/ Surf, the very obvious move choice after both using Rain Dance and knowing Ice Beam and Draco Meteor are resisted. The same can be said with much of the Skarmory/Kingdra v Garchomp/Heatran, where there were a bunch of holes in your play that were exploited fairly well by your opponent and were only saved by evasionhax on your end.

Then your story ended on hax, which kind of sucks.

tl;dr: I don't know who's fighting, but you sure are getting mighty lucky throughout the entire story against them.

Yuck! Gaychomp haxx...Togaykiss haxx...Sorry, I don't like warstories that involve Gaychomp Sand Veil, or a Subchomp for that matter.

I apologize for these mistakes. I really thought that this warstory would be thought of better, and I was wrong. Especially considering that I slaved away for an afternoon to write this. I guess I'll just take this as a learning experience and not write warstories for a while.

I didn't think that I played particularly bad. I guess the hax was too much a part of the battle... I'll keep that in mind next time. Thanks!

No one post after me, please. If a mod could lock this I would appreciate it.

But it's not over yet!!
---
Heatran used Fire Blast.
It's super effective!
Crocodile lost 100% of its health.
mess's Crocodile fainted.

For some odd reason, he stayed in!!! This leaves only his Kingdra left.
That some odd reason seems to be your opponent was pretty newb, ie leaving a breloom exposed to an ice beam from t-tar newb.

Anyway, it was a well-formatted warstory just the same, don't be discouraged, just look for that memorable battle (preferably one with less reliance on hax for winning).

Hope to be seeing more from you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)