here are pokemon :)

Hello all! The following is a Sandstorm team that I have been using for some time. It's been through numerous tweaks, and does quite well for me overall on Shoddy. However, I want to make it the best it can be, and that's where you people come in. So please, rate away!

Bronzong@ Leftovers
Heatproof
252 HP, 128 Atk, 128 Def
Relaxed
-Hypnosis
-Earthquake
-Gyro Ball
-Stealth Rock

Standard lead duties. Hypnosis if I figure it's worth it (don't want to prematurely activate Sleep Clause and regret it), and lay down Stealth Rock. Since Cradily is awesome at Special walling, I went with Defense and Relaxed. Now, I know it says Heatproof. That's not a typo. I already have an EQ switch with Celebi. Heatproof gives me a good Infernape counter, since Celebi cannot wall any version of it and Cradily can only take Nasty Plot versions that lack Close Combat without major risk. Infernape can give this team major trouble, so i figure losing an immunity I'm really not concerned with won't hurt me too bad. Since most will assume Bronzong has Levitate, assuming I don't switch in on an EQ I'll be fine. If it doesn't work out long run, I can always change it. Much of this team is unorthodox at times, but it DOES work, and makes it more fun that the usual.

Tyranitar@ Leftovers
Sandstream
252 HP, 64 Atk, 24 Spe, 168 Sp. Atk
Rash
-Substitute
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Focus Punch

BoahTar that I try to get out ASAP, even just a quick switch-in after they get a kill, so my team mates can benefit early on. Boah has netted many a surprise kill, and with proper prediction getting a Sub up is a peace of cake, and catches many by surprise. That, and I simply enjoy the build in general. The normal Smogon build uses Quiet, but after some Blisseys getting the drop on me with + Speed natures and/or Speed EVs, among other things, I'd rather leave my Speed intact with Rash, for what it's worth. Ice Beam catches things that switch in expecting easy kill like Garchomp and Breloom with their pants down, especially if I have a Sub up.

Cradily@ Leftovers
Suction Cups
252 HP, 92 Def, 164 SpD
Careful
-Toxic
-Recover
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

An absolute monster to bring down in SS. Toxic lets me do a lot of damage to things foolish enough to try and stay in on it, with Recover for staying power. I run both EQ and Rock Slide (Stone Edge has too low of PP for a wall) for coverage. I used to run Stealth Rock over both EQ and RS at different times, but ran into a problem. Without EQ, steels like Heatran walk all over it. Without RS, I can't through Levitators, Gengar, or Sub Mismagius. So, I decided to go without SR for the sake of not being helpless against certain threats.

Celebi@ Leftovers
Natural Cure
252 HP, 220 Def, 36 Spe
Bold
-Psychic
-Leech Seed
-Recover
-Heal Bell

Physical wall and cleric. With Leech Seed and Recover, it's an absolute titan to bring down by anything not called Megahorn or X-Scissor on the physical spectrum, and can often survive special hits without being KOed as well. Between Cradily's Toxic and Celebi's Leech Seed, things find themselves dying very quickly. I picked Psychic over Grass Knot or Energy Ball because it's handy to be able to take out Infernape and Heracross switch-ins more than taking out bulky waters, who usually pack Ice Beam anyway and Cradily can take.

Starmie@ Leftovers
Natural Cure
160 HP, 216 Spe, 132 SpA
Timid
-Rapid Spin
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

YES, I KNOW. I DON'T HAVE STAB. So before you yell at me for skipping Surf, hear me out. I prefer to have coverage. BoltBeam lets me take Gyarados, Garchomp, Salamence, and a myriad of other threats. The mere appearance of a Starmie is enough to scare Infernape out, since they don't want to eat a Surf. Not much else warrants a STAB Surf. Granted, in some cases it would be nice, but BoltBeam's coverage against major threats cannot be denied. It also nets surprise kills, since after seeing Rapid Spin and Recover they expect T-Bolt OR Ice Beam, not both. By the time they figure it out, the damage is done. Besides all that, he's my Spinner, and stops Toxic Spikes from ending my spree before it starts, since nothing here likes being poisoned.

Garchomp@ Choice Scarf
Sand Veil
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Hasty
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Outrage
-Fire Blast

Ah yes, Garchomp. The much debated beast of OU. With Sand Veil he's made for SS teams, and it would be a shame to pass him up. The Scarf lets him reach awesome speeds, and Hasty makes damned sure he outruns pretty much anything not also Scarfed, since I had some trouble before with Infernape and the like when running Adamant. Hasty is taken over Jolly so Fire Blast hits harder. While it may not make a difference against it's intended targets, it will hit for more neutral damage if they switch. Everything else is pretty standard for coverage. I try to save Outrage for later on after Chomp killers are gone.

Well, that's all I can think to say about that. Now it's up to you guys.

Well you have most threats covered, but this team is very Mamoswine weak. It hits everything for SE damage and without Surf Starmie cant even beat it. I suggest that you add in Bronzong over Aerodactyl and use it as a lead instead of Tyranitar. Garchomp, and even Starmie should be able to sweep late game decently so you dont need a dedicated late game sweeper. Bronzong sets up SR which your team lacks and most importantly counters Mamoswine. Lum Berry would also be good to get a quick kill on lead gengars that decide to stay in. Well thats about it.

Barrier is an option on Cradily and makes it almost untouchable barring a critical and as Tsurukawa said Mamoswine causes your team problems and Skarmory is also an option to set up SR and Spikes if you don't want to use Bronzong and it counters Mamoswine.

The problem with adding Bronzong is that if I remove Aerodactyl then I have only one thing that hits hard physically, and that thing is Choiced, limiting it's options. If anything I would replace it with Lucario, which I used to use anyway (just special). Otherwise I wouldn't mind a Bronzong.

Well, you could always do Swords Dance Cradily, since it's not like Toxic does shit to Skarmory, and speaking of, it can't do shit if you SD (HAHA NO ROAR (BAN ME PLEASE)!) This also adds offense and you don't even have to disrupt your defense.

So you go along with Bronzong over Aerodactyl.

HOWEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You just lost a very important Bug resist. Heracross will fuck this team in and out and all around. Megahorn alone like, well in fact, everyone. Whether Scarf'd or CB'd, you're going to have problems against it. So how about instead of Bronzong, we do....RESTTALK BULKY GYARADOS! This will no doubt help with both Mamoswine and Heracross. You can go either way here, either Rest+Sleep Talk and Dragon Dance and WF, or just two moves like WF+Taunt, or WF+IF, or WF+SE depending on what you feel you really need during the course of the game.

And last but not least, I'd rather use DC over SE on Garchomp. There are sometimes you want to kill something like at 30%, but you have to pick between a special move, a bad accuracy move, or get locked into EQ and get fucked by a flyer. DC is just simply the easiest thing to use IMO.

I've been testing the team with a Bronzong lead, and I'm quite satisfied with the results so far. I'll update the team on here. Bronzong also alleviates my Weaville weak, which was becoming a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)