Hilarious 1v1 gimmick team.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
ET was talking about Endeavor/Quick Attack on low-level pokemon in #smogon, which inspired this. I had originally discounted this idea because I misunderstood the mechanics of endeavor; an endeavor from a full health pokemon, even if it's at 10HP, will still take almost any pokemon down to 1%. So here's the team; be warned, it contains DT. I haven't made EVs for most of these yet.

Celebi @Leftovers
(Maximize defenses)
Substitute
Double Team
Baton Pass
Recover

Its sole purpose is to set up this next pokemon.

Smeargle @Leftovers
(level 1)
Dragon Rage
Endeavor
Substitute
Recover

Endeavor when Smeargle is at full health will knock them down extremely low, to the point where Sandstorm can kill them. Substitute//Recover to keep it from getting killed even through the evasion; a shame agility would be useless on a level 1 pokemon. Leftovers is lol but it stops sandstorm from nickel-and-diming me. Focus Strip is pointless here with sandstorm being key.

Tyranitar @Choice Band
Pursuit
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch

Mostly here to get rid of ghosts, and starts a wonderful sandstorm.

Magnezone @Leftovers
(Absolutely max speed)
Thunderbolt
HP Ice
Electrolevitate
Explosion

Gets rid of steels. Absolute max speed should beat almost any Metagross, so it can Electrolevitate.

Dugtrio @Choice Band
Jolly, 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Aerial Ace
Blade Test

Gets rid of rocks and can revenge-kill firemonkey, who otherwise would cause problems.

Blissey @Leftovers
Wish
Protect
Ice Beam
Seismic Toss

Yeah, have to stop Agumon and other special sweepers from owning me :)

I'm not sure who I'd open with, probably CBTar. I'd try to teamscout a bit with Blissey and Celebi, and get rid of the Ghosts/Steels/Rocks. When that's done, I get Celebi in when I have an opening and start DTing up. Then baton pass to Taillow, and start killing things.

This team probably can't survive very well if the gimmick fails, but Celebi can do double-team baton passing to other members if something comes in on it. I think I have a physical sweeper weakness in general; I'm not sure how I could stop Garchomp from coming in. That said, I can't wait to use this on wifi.

Substitute, Thunder Wave or Explode for Magnezone's last move. All help.

Taillow's last move should be Quick Attack.

Your Dugtrio needs to Jolly to outspeed a +speed natured Infernape.

Put Explosion on Magnezone in the last slot, might help take down another threat to your strategy.

You might want to consider a level 1 Smeargle in place of your Taillow. I remember almost getting shitted on by one before I worked out what it was up to. Smeargle can also get Dragon Rage which will hit everything.

I'd really like to see a team like this work, good luck!

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Aha, yes! I had completely forgotten about Dragon Rage, thanks much. I had just chosen Taillow because I thought it was funny. Editing that in.

Trick room level 1 endeavour is nothing to laugh at.
Of course, the level 1 can only come in on a kill... but...

Blissey recovers 42 life with leftovers, and Dragon Rage deals 40 damage, but with sandstorm the heal is canceled out. Be careful of softboiled though, unless you switch to Dugtrio to finish it off.

Alot of pokemon will be recovering with Wish/Feather Rest/ Rest/Etc., so make sure you can stop them from healing. Especially with Skarmary who is immune to SStorm, has Feather Rest, and will be carrying Beautiful Skin.

Surgo

goes to eleven
Endeavor will always go last, so that's not really a problem for anything except Skarmory. A level 1 Smeargle isn't about to be outspeeding anything.

Now that I have a Smeargle with Dragon Rage, Magnezone isn't needed except for MAYBE feather rest Skarmory, which will almost always have Beautiful Skin anyway. I'm thus free to use some better pokemon to cover my weaknesses; I'm thinking Hippowdown, Donphan, or Skarmory to stop heavy physical hitters.

Good point. Unless Smeargle can have more than one Sketch at a time, that moveset is impossible.

Surgo

goes to eleven
Ah, crap. That's a good point. Can the move relearner teach moves that are lost at the level you are at? In that case, I could sketch and relearn sketch again.

If it can't, I'll have to bump Smeargle up to level 2 so the move relearner can teach sketch back to him.

Relearning Sketch from the Heart Scale tutor.

I'm not sure, but I imagine that's how it's possible.

Sketch one move, relearn Sketch, repeat.

I just remembered that team I faced had Sub/Wish/BP Vaporeon, if you can find some way to fit that in you could drop Recover for Spore on Smeargle.

Maybe over Celebi with DT as the last move on Vappy.

I'd recommend Phanpy over Smeargle (or in addition to it!).

Phanpy level 1 @focus strip
Endeavor
Ice Pebble

It's immune to sandstorm, so even if you fail to set up any dts, it can still take out a pokemon. Focus strip is a sort of safety net in this situation, making the strategy more stable.

I'd rather attempt a trick room strategy, though. I had made one that I calculated could probably take out two pokemon without any need for baton pass or dt.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but all Wi-Fi battle pokemon get bumped or debumped temporarly to level 50... hehe.

Surgo

goes to eleven
I was under the impression that the autolevel was optional, yes? And it's not just level 50, but level 100 as well.

Not related to the posts about Wi-Fi:
This may sound impracticle, or maybe even downright prissy, but I would advocate putting protect on smeargle's moveset. It will help you scout for pokemon that you suspect may have a never-miss move. It would be a shame to lose your smeargle that way, as it kinda turns the rest of your team into a half-eaten pork rind (not that the rest of your team is crap, it just loses it's purpose, that's all).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)