ORAS OU HUUUNTIING HIIIGH AAAND LOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Hello, it's me, Mac the Writer. I was a little bit familiar with Smogon ever since the beginning of Pokemon X and Y. Though I was once very critical of the site after the Mega Mawile and Aegislash ban, I did ended up joining the site recently. I may be still a little bit critical, but I swear that I'm keeping myself open-minded for this site, especially since I'm still new to this site. So with that said, here's my idea for my first true OU Team I have, so far (It may change a lot):
OU Team Idea 1:

Team Details:

Gypsy (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Trick
The centerpiece of my team. Gypsy is pretty much the one who has the most simple objective: Spam Iron Head to win. Thanks to the Choice Scarf, there's a solid chance that Gypsy will out-run most of the OU Metagame, and make them flinch most of the time. Whenever the opponent gives it other options, that's where its other moves kicks in. U-Turn is there to give momentum to my Pokemon; Fire Punch is for coverage and to deal with Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Skarmory; and Trick is to cripple any defensive Pokemon who barely has any attack moves and Speed investment.

Ms. Dunn (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
Ms. Dunn, alongside some of my other Pokemon, acts as answers to some of Gypsy's weaknesses, mainly Dark-type. She also appreciates Gypsy's deal against Poison and Steel-type moves. Being one of my favourite Pokemon, Ms. Dunn is the Specially Defensive Pokemon of my team, a Cleric, and a Stealth Rock Setter. Moonblast is her only attack move; and Heal Bell is to cure her team from any Status conditions.

Billy Mays (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE TO SHOW YOU THE BEST OU POKEMON IN THE METAGAME: A FUCKING WASHING MACHINE. THIS WASHING MACHINE IS THERE TO DEAL AGAINST STEEL-TYPE WEAKNESSES OF MS. DUNN AND THE GROUND-TYPE WEAKNESSES OF GYPSY. ARE YOU TIRED OF TAKING AN IRON HEAD FROM A BISHARP, OR A RETURN FROM A MEGA PINSIR? THIS WASHING MACHINE IS THE PERFECT PRODUCT FOR YOU. IT HAS THE STRENGTH TO TAKE ANY PHYSICAL HITS FROM OPPOSING POKEMON, AND BURN THEM WITH WILL-O-WISP. BUT I'M NOT DONE YET; HYDRO PUMP IS ITS STRONGEST ATTACK, WHICH MAKE UP FOR ITS WEAK SPECIAL ATTACK; VOLT SWITCH GIVES MOMENTUM TO ANY OTHER POKEMON, AND CREATES A VOLT-TURN COMBO WITH GYPSY; AND PAIN SPLIT CAN GIVE CHANSEY AND BLISSEY SOME HIDEOUSLY AWFUL TIME. I GUARANTEE IT. BUY YOUR OWN WASHING MACHINE TODAY FOR ONLY $19.99, AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, WELL TOUGH SHIT, I'M SMOKING YOUR MONEY.

Rule 34 (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
My Mega-Evolvable Pokemon, Mega Lopunny, a.k.a. Rule 34, is there as a coverage against Ghost-type Pokemon for Gypsy, alongside Dark-type coverage once it Mega Evolves. She also appreciates Fighting-type coverage from Ms. Dunn. Her set is self-explanatory; hit everything hard and fast. What more can you get from that?

Batman (Crobat) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- Taunt
Though more of an UU Pokemon, Batman is there to act as a Stage Hazard controller. Stealth Rock? Toxic Spikes? Stick Webs? Batman's got it covered. It helps that Defog also lowers the evasion of the opponent, making Rule 34's High Jump Kick and Billy Mays' Hydro Pump less likely to miss. Taunt is there for Batman to be another anti-lead, similar to Gypsy; Roost is self-explanatory; and Brave Bird is the most powerful STAB move it can use. With the ability Infiltrator, Taunt will also work on any Substitute users, which makes Batman a good counter for said opposing Pokemon.

Smugleaf (Serperior) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
Smugleaf is the hard-hitting Pokemon of my team. Thanks to Contrary and Leaf Storm, it can snowball onto enemies to defeat them pretty quickly. Dragon Pulse is for Dragon-Type Pokemon; Hidden Power Fire is to deal against Steel-Types; and Giga Drain acts as a powerful recover move.

OU Team Idea 2:

Team Details:

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish
The centerpiece of my team. Gypsy is pretty much the one who has the most simple objective: Spam Iron Head to win. Thanks to the Choice Scarf, there's a solid chance that Gypsy will out-run most of the OU Metagame, and make them flinch most of the time. Whenever the opponent gives it other options, that's where its other moves kicks in. U-Turn is there to give momentum to my Pokemon; Ice Punch is for coverage and to deal with Pokemon like Dragonite and Landorus-T; and Healing Wish is to fully heal any of my Pokemon in need of help.

Ms. Dunn (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
Ms. Dunn, alongside some of my other Pokemon, acts as answers to some of Gypsy's weaknesses, mainly Dark-type. She also appreciates Gypsy's deal against Poison and Steel-type moves. Being one of my favourite Pokemon, Ms. Dunn is the Mixed Defensive Pokemon of my team, and a Set-Up Pokemon. It has Magic Guard mainly to deal with the overly-common Stealth Rock, and the annoyance of Toxic and Burn damage. Calm Mind is its boosting move, pretty simple; Soft-Boiled is an additional way of recovery outside of Leftovers; Moonblast is its STAB-move, and Flamethrower is its coverage for Steel-types.

Banhammer (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Rest
Suggested by ErcaPerca, Banhammer (a common joke of Smogon) is the Physical Wall that's an answer to Bisharp, which my earlier team was weak to. He is the Stage Hazard Pokemon that sets up Stealth Rock. He also has Dragon Tail to phaze out the opponent and make them deal Rock damages, and Rest as his only means of recovery.

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
My Mega-Evolvable Pokemon, Mega Lopunny, a.k.a. Rule 34, is there as a coverage against Ghost-type Pokemon for Gypsy, alongside Dark-type coverage once it Mega Evolves. She also appreciates Fighting-type coverage from Ms. Dunn. Her set is self-explanatory; hit everything hard and fast. What more can you get from that?

Batman (Crobat) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- Taunt
Though more of an UU Pokemon, Batman is there to act as a Stage Hazard controller. Stealth Rock? Toxic Spikes? Stick Webs? Batman's got it covered. It helps that Defog also lowers the evasion of the opponent, making Rule 34's High Jump Kick and Billy Mays' Hydro Pump less likely to miss. Taunt is there for Batman to be another anti-lead, similar to Gypsy; Roost is self-explanatory; and Brave Bird is the most powerful STAB move it can use. With the ability Infiltrator, Taunt will also work on any Substitute users, which makes Batman a good counter for said opposing Pokemon.

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
Smugleaf is the hard-hitting Pokemon of my team. Thanks to Contrary and Leaf Storm, it can snowball onto enemies to defeat them pretty quickly. Dragon Pulse is for Dragon-Type Pokemon; Hidden Power Fire is to deal against Steel-Types; and Glare slows down opposing counters to Smugleaf.

OU Team Idea 3

Team Detail:

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish
The centerpiece of my team. Gypsy is pretty much the one who has the most simple objective: Spam Iron Head or Heart Stamp to win. Thanks to the Choice Scarf, there's a solid chance that Gypsy will out-run most of the OU Metagame, and make them flinch most of the time. Whenever the opponent gives it other options, that's where its other moves kicks in. U-Turn is there to give momentum to my Pokemon; and Healing Wish is to fully heal any of my Pokemon in need of help.

Checkmate (Heatran) (F) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Rest
- Taunt
Suggested by Mistaken, Checkmate is used to deal against the likes of Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y, and Scizor. Her set is more of a stall-breaker set. Magma Storm is a much more powerful Fire Spin that traps the opponent; Earth Power is to deal against opposing Heatran or other Fire-types, especially Mega Charizard X; Resto-Chesto is back for Checkmate, and it's still a great recovery; and Taunt is used to shut down opposing Stall Pokemon. Her ability Flash Fire is greatly appreciated by Gypsy, Rule 34, Smugleaf and Smogonlion.

Billy Mays (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE TO SHOW YOU THE BEST OU POKEMON IN THE METAGAME: A FUCKING WASHING MACHINE. THIS WASHING MACHINE IS THERE TO DEAL AGAINST WATER-TYPE WEAKNESSES OF CHECKMATE AND THE GROUND-TYPE WEAKNESSES OF GYPSY AND ESPECIALLY CHECKMATE. ARE YOU TIRED OF TAKING A FLASH CANNON FROM MAGNEZONE, OR A FIRE BLAST FROM INFERNATE? THIS WASHING MACHINE IS THE PERFECT PRODUCT FOR YOU. IT HAS THE STRENGTH TO TAKE ANY SPECIAL HITS FROM OPPOSING POKEMON, AND BURN PHYSICALLY OFFENSIVE POKEMON WITH WILL-O-WISP. BUT I'M NOT DONE YET; HYDRO PUMP IS ITS STRONGEST ATTACK, WHICH MAKE UP FOR ITS WEAK SPECIAL ATTACK; VOLT SWITCH GIVES MOMENTUM TO ANY OTHER POKEMON, AND CREATES A VOLT-TURN COMBO WITH GYPSY; AND PAIN SPLIT CAN GIVE CHANSEY AND BLISSEY SOME HIDEOUSLY AWFUL TIME. I GUARANTEE IT. BUY YOUR OWN WASHING MACHINE TODAY FOR ONLY $19.99, AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, WELL TOUGH SHIT, I'M SMOKING YOUR MONEY.

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
My Mega-Evolvable Pokemon, Mega Lopunny, a.k.a. Rule 34, is there as a coverage against Ghost-type Pokemon for Gypsy, alongside Dark-type coverage once it Mega Evolves. She also appreciates Fighting-type coverage from Smogonlion. Her set is self-explanatory; hit everything hard and fast. What more can you get from that?

Smogonlion (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
Another Pokemon suggested by Mistaken, Smogonlion is a definite counter for Mega Charizard X, and a soft-counter for Scizor in case Checkmate isn't there. Smogonlion appreciates Ice-type resistances from Gypsy and Billy Mays, and Checkmate appreciates his immunity to Ground-type moves, and the fact that he isn't prone to Mold Breaker Earthquake, unlike Billy Mays. Like Ms. Dunn in the first team and Banhammer in the second, Smogonlion's job is to simply set-up rocks. But that's not all. He's also a great physical wall with his ability Intimidate, and can destroy both Zards with Earthquake and Stone Edge. He can also spread Toxic status on his opponent's team.

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
Smugleaf is the hard-hitting Pokemon of my team. Thanks to Contrary and Leaf Storm, it can snowball onto enemies to defeat them pretty quickly. Dragon Pulse is for Dragon-Type Pokemon; Hidden Power Fire is to deal against Steel-Types; and Glare slows down opposing counters to Smugleaf.

And there you have it. My current OU Team. I would like to gain feedbacks about my Pokemon, since I'd like to become better in competitive battling. Thanks.

Cheers,

Mac the Writer

Last edited:
Hey Mac the Writer! Cool team, I like the creativity, and Smogon is a good place to be, I promise :]
Looking at your team, something that instantly pops out at me is that your only dark resist is Mega-Lopunny which means that Bisharp more or less has a field day against your team whenever Lopunny is gone.
Because of this, I have two possible suggestions.
1.) Change Rotom-W to a physical version, giving it max hp, and max def. This is a soft counter to Life Orb Bisharp and takes ~50% from a Knock Off. You can then follow through with a Will-O-Wisp, and more or less neutralize it. It looks to me that your team has the concept of Clefable being your physical "wall" and Rotom-W being your special wall. If you choose to make this Rotom-W change, I would also recommend giving Clefable some SpD EV's...It can still be majority EV'd in Def, but I think mixed Clefable would be better.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

2.) Change Rotom-W completely to a Rocky Helmet Garchomp. Once again this is by no means a complete counter to Bisharp but it is a good one nevertheless. Rocky Helmet Chomp would also allow your team to Stealth Rocks! Which may help considering Talonflame also seems to be a large issue. I really enjoy Rocky Helmet Garchomp and its overwhelming popularity speaks for itself.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast/Rest/Rock Tomb/Endure

The 100 EV's in Spe are to outrun pokemon such as Jolly Breloom, Jolly Bisharp, Adamant Gyarados to name a few. The fourth move is really up to you - there is no superior fourth move imo.
One last thing - your Jirachi Set.
I don't think Fire Punch is necessary, as you already have Flamethrower Clefable and HP [Fire] Serperior. Thus, I recommend the more traditional Jirachi Set seen below:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Healing Wish
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Iron Head

Thanks for your time, I hope you consider some of these suggestions!
YT me.. :]
-ErcaPerca

Hey Mac the Writer! Cool team, I like the creativity, and Smogon is a good place to be, I promise :]
Looking at your team, something that instantly pops out at me is that your only dark resist is Mega-Lopunny which means that Bisharp more or less has a field day against your team whenever Lopunny is gone.
Because of this, I have two possible suggestions.
1.) Change Rotom-W to a physical version, giving it max hp, and max def. This is a soft counter to Life Orb Bisharp and takes ~50% from a Knock Off. You can then follow through with a Will-O-Wisp, and more or less neutralize it. It looks to me that your team has the concept of Clefable being your physical "wall" and Rotom-W being your special wall. If you choose to make this Rotom-W change, I would also recommend giving Clefable some SpD EV's...It can still be majority EV'd in Def, but I think mixed Clefable would be better.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

2.) Change Rotom-W completely to a Rocky Helmet Garchomp. Once again this is by no means a complete counter to Bisharp but it is a good one nevertheless. Rocky Helmet Chomp would also allow your team to Stealth Rocks! Which may help considering Talonflame also seems to be a large issue. I really enjoy Rocky Helmet Garchomp and its overwhelming popularity speaks for itself.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast/Rest/Rock Tomb/Endure

The 100 EV's in Spe are to outrun pokemon such as Jolly Breloom, Jolly Bisharp, Adamant Gyarados to name a few. The fourth move is really up to you - there is no superior fourth move imo.
One last thing - your Jirachi Set.
I don't think Fire Punch is necessary, as you already have Flamethrower Clefable and HP [Fire] Serperior. Thus, I recommend the more traditional Jirachi Set seen below:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Healing Wish
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Iron Head

Thanks for your time, I hope you consider some of these suggestions!
YT me.. :]
-ErcaPerca
Alright, thank you. I'll keep those suggestions in mind for now. I'll update my team when I get enough suggestions from others. :)

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
What I think About Your Team First Glance
I like it! I honestly this build its something new and creative with so standard mons and not so standard mons and not so standard sets. I feel like you have the right physical defensive synergy but no spa defensive synergy. You make up for that though by supplying threats to counter measure threats such as charizard y,x, and specs keldeo.

How You Can Improve Your Team

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt/Glare

I feel like giga drain is waste of a 4th move on serp and never really is used or I never find the need for it. Taunt helps this become a very scarry balance/stall breaker while glare makes this annoying for torn that tries to wall it or for tran who will get punished by para flinch from jirachi later on.

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

I feel considering this is your only physical switch in and you have measures for breelom and bisharp(the few reasons you would run speed) you can afford to run max bulk to take hard hitting attacks much better.

Conclusion
I probably could make some more changes but I feel these are the only necessary and again I enjoy this build very nice mindset going into it. Nice Song Btw [: I wish you massive success buddy and hope you take my changes into consideration.

Last edited:
What I think About Your Team First Glance
I like it! I honestly this build its something new and creative with so standard mons and not so standard mons and not so standard sets. I feel like you have the right physical defensive synergy but no spa defensive synergy. You make up for that though by supplying threats to counter measure threats such as charizard y,x, and specs keldeo.

How You Can Approve Your Team

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt/Glare

I feel like giga drain is waste of a 4th move on serp and never really is used or I never find the need for it. Taunt helps this become a very scarry balance/stall breaker while glare makes this annoying for torn that tries to wall it or for tran who will get punished by para flinch from jirachi later on.

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

I feel considering this is your only physical switch in and you have measures for breelom and bisharp(the few reasons you would run speed) you can afford to run max bulk to take hard hitting attacks much better.

Conclusion
I probably could make some more changes but I feel these are the only necessary and again I enjoy this build very nice mindset going into it. Nice Song Btw [: I wish you massive success buddy and hope you take my changes into consideration.
Thanks for your suggestions! I updated my team with your suggestion.

Hi mate,

So I see that your team is weak to charizard-x, charizard-y, volcarona, and offensive scizor.
--->

Stall breaker tran
tran will help your team with most volcarona sets as well as helping your team a little bit w/ charizard, serperior, and non superpower scizor. Heatran will also help your team with the more bulky grass types. And by running tran you now have more room to run heart stamp on your jirachi. Heatran is the all around best pick for the strealth rocker on this particular team. By running this stall breaker set you can hit rotom-w, keldeo, quagsire, and manaphy hard with solar beam and be able to trap other stall mons with magma storm and taunt. By adding heatran your match up vs stall is no longer as bad as it was previously and now you have a way to help your team oven up the field for serperior. As heatran can check all of those mons that previously walled serperior like venusaur, amoonguss, and tangrowth.

--->

rocky helmet Landorus-t with rocks
Landorus-t is a great answer for charizard x and and ok check for scizor. Landorus is a great stealth rock setter and is a pretty nice answer for garchomp and mega heracross as well. By running toxic on landorus you can weaken hippowdon for lopunny so lopunny can break through hippowdon and beat those fatter builds. Landorus can help your team by providing intimidate support.

now that you have heatran you can run heart stamp this will allow you to have something better for loppunny along with landorus-t and has a great chance of flinching with 100% accuracy.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Taunt

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

Hi mate,

So I see that your team is weak to charizard-x, charizard-y, volcarona, and offensive scizor.
--->

Stall breaker tran
tran will help your team with most volcarona sets as well as helping your team a little bit w/ charizard, serperior, and non superpower scizor. Heatran will also help your team with the more bulky grass types. And by running tran you now have more room to run heart stamp on your jirachi. Heatran is the all around best pick for the strealth rocker on this particular team. By running this stall breaker set you can hit rotom-w, keldeo, quagsire, and manaphy hard with solar beam and be able to trap other stall mons with magma storm and taunt. By adding heatran your match up vs stall is no longer as bad as it was previously and now you have a way to help your team oven up the field for serperior. As heatran can check all of those mons that previously walled serperior like venusaur, amoonguss, and tangrowth.

--->

rocky helmet Landorus-t with rocks
Landorus-t is a great answer for charizard x and and ok check for scizor. Landorus is a great stealth rock setter and is a pretty nice answer for garchomp and mega heracross as well. By running toxic on landorus you can weaken hippowdon for lopunny so lopunny can break through hippowdon and beat those fatter builds. Landorus can help your team by providing intimidate support.

now that you have heatran you can run heart stamp this will allow you to have something better for loppunny along with landorus-t and has a great chance of flinching with 100% accuracy.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Taunt

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish
Alright, thanks. I updated my page with your team suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)