SM LC Hyperoffence in LC 26-0

Jox

LCPL Champion
Hyperoffence 100% acc moves
An LC RMT by 067jox

Hello, my name is Jordi (067jox) and I made a new RMT. Today I laddered together with Lilyac and we made it to 26-0. So grab a beer, open showdown and get some free wins.

Teambuilding Process

To start off I wanted to build around Magic Room + Diglett. Magic Room allows you to create a area without items. this means no Eviolite, Choice Scarf, Focus Sash, Berry Juice etc. it does allow the user to use Z moves and that’s what it makes broken. Diglett can abuse Magic Room and almost 1 shot the meta with Z Earthquake. this makes it a really viable late game option if you did not knock a certain mon. I'm combining Z Diglett with Scarf Abra and it worked out nicely.

another good wall breaker in hyper offence is Gastly. It has good synergy with Abra and it lures in the dark pursuit trappers for Abra. it also baits in Vullaby to make a psychic sweep come true.

After the wall breaking core I wanted some bulky backbone that could handle the meta pretty well. Timburr gives me a second chance with his priority and is a great mon in general. Vullaby can basically soak up any hit and gives me Sticky Web protection and Staryu was my water/fire check as both Corpish and Ponyta could still do a number to me.

There were still matchups I did not like. Some were just bulky stuff that were hard to break or playstyles that the team just could not handle. I tried to find a way to beat every playstyle with the moves I got. Perish song on Gastly could kill any annoying curse or other setup mons in combination with substitute + Protect Diglett. This Diglett set is also really helpful against aurora veil as it can out stall the veil turns.

The Team

Oxygen (Gastly) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Level: 5
EVs: 200 SpA / 80 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Perish Song

Gastly has good coverage against the meta with this new found spread (not my own) Energy Ball hits Mudbray, Onix and Staryu. Hidden Power Fire hits Ferroseed, Pawniard and Magnemite and Perish Song is just for the crap that ladder can throw at you. You can swap it out with Substitute or Sucker Punch but this move got in clutch a number of times.

Starbucks (Staryu) @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Recover

Just normal Staryu. I did not need Hydro Pump on this Staryu and I enjoy getting the burns as they do really help. Thunderbolt and psychic are just good coverage moves as it is really hard to switch into Staryu. Other than that you have Recover to play mind games with Pawniard or Recover when needed​

MeButYou (Diglett) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute
- Protect

Yeah.. You can't hit Vullaby or Gastly but as long as they don't know, your good. Substitute + Protect is to stall out stuff that can happen on ladder and Protect can be helpful to scout for a scarfed locked move. Stealth rocks are really nice to have if you don’t need dig in the mu as it can set them up and die.

Kenny (Vullaby) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 236 SpD / 116 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Vullaby is the glue of this team and it will come in handy. Just make sure to not play too risky with it. Hidden Power Grass won't 1 shot it if it is Eviolite so you might be better of going into Timburr. If you have the speed boosts and Onix switches in than you might find an opening to make it work. The other moves are just standard and you need Defog as you will otherwise lose to Sticky Webs.​

Mythological (Abra) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 76 Def / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Magic Room

Scarf Abra revenges setup sweepers like Shell Smash Shellder or Dragon Dance Scraggy. It has simple coverage and it will also be a semi Abra switch in as no one will expect it. Magic Room is for late game if you want to remove all the items. Try to keep Abra in the back as long as possible as it is your best wincon.

Roid Rage (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Most normal Timburr spread. Icepunch can be swapped by Bulk Up and you can run more Special Defence. Other than that not much to say about it.​

Threats

Flying types: Try to not lose to Nasty Plot Vullaby. It’s better to go out into Staryu to scout for the set than just die against it.

Fast Electric types: Elekid has the speed tie and Magnemite is hard to switch into.

Spritzee : Easy to break but hard to switch into. You can better scout for Psychic than hard into Gastly.

Shoutouts MDL

Proof
Untitled.png

Team

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)