I seriously think that modern fashion designers are trolls (NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha, some of this is pretty silly, although i've got to disagree about fashion designers deliberately trolling, i think at high fashion shows like these ones wear-ability, comfort, and even convenience of looks (whether the piece is easy on the eyes or not) are all booted out the window of design by belligerent artistic impulses: these clothes aren't really "clothes" that are worn by anyone who doesn't want to look like in the case of the last picture, a left 4 dead zombie

most fashion designers know how to make clothing beautiful, sleek, and colorful -- huge runway shows like these are a chance for them to kinda "let their hair down" imo. (or tentacles, looking at that last picture!)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Is that ribbon in the second picture a part of the background, or the actual... (I think "garment" would be too strong a word).... thingy the model is "wearing"?

MORE:

hahaha, some of this is pretty silly, although i've got to disagree about fashion designers deliberately trolling, i think at high fashion shows like these ones wear-ability, comfort, and even convenience of looks (whether the piece is easy on the eyes or not) are all booted out the window of design by belligerent artistic impulses: these clothes aren't really "clothes" that are worn by anyone who doesn't want to look like in the case of the last picture, a left 4 dead zombie

most fashion designers know how to make clothing beautiful, sleek, and colorful -- huge runway shows like these are a chance for them to kinda "let their hair down" imo. (or tentacles, looking at that last picture!)
argue all you want, but when someone puts a tentacle boob or a vag ribbon on the runway, they have to be secretly laughing at everyone who is taking them seriously.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I find it a massive injustice that someone who isn't me is somehow making a living off of something so silly.

rich white people wanking themselves, that's where the cushy jobs are

A lot of these make for very exciting lingerie, especially the gift wrapped beauty at the OP.

But yeah the overall trend seems to be that these designers want to make the topless movement thingy an everyday sight.

itt lanturn314 learns that pretentious wankers who've been given a budget and a few pieces of cloth are, in actual fact, pretentious

exhibit C looks like she could be the leader of some alien civilization

on the other hand I thought D was a man until I saw the boobs

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Exhibit B reminds me of movie The Fifth Element (number 5 in the title not, in fact, coming from the plotline but rather the movie budget)

I keep thinking Exhibit A is made out of snakes.

And everyone needs to stop pretending they don't love that uniboob

My thoughts exactly. At first when I looked at the photos, I said to myself god.. are you kidding me. But then I took a second look at all photos, I notice the fashion designers may be trying to create an avant-garde artistic impression. I strongly believe that the designers of each fashion design intended to send some sort of message. I find this comparative to contemporary art such as abstract art. You may look at it initially and you may say in your head, "wtf is this ridiculous shit." But you look harder, you think about the details, you try to relate to the artist, and you may find a deeper meaning or purpose of a certain painting.

I personally find exhibit A, C, E, and WTF to be particularly interesting. When I looked at exhibit A, I thought designers was trolling, too. But I looked again and compared it a painting. The fashion designer may intend to show a part of their psyche, interests, or to elicit a certain response from the audience. To me, exhibit A looks an abstract form of the clothing that Europeans wore during the Renaissance and Baroque periods with those closed ruffs around their necks. Exhibit C looks like a mix of European and Asian clothing culture, but condensed like a protein lol. I find it to be particularly creative and amusing. Exhibit E is of particular interest to me because of the piece that covers her face which may have several meanings to me such as to either provide a certain privacy similar to hijabs or the oppression of the female, etc. Exhibit WTF is very ridiculous but it may have been the intention of the fashion design to generate a certain response from the audience. I found it to be very amusing, but also serves an exaggeration in different parts of contemporary culture: sex, oppression, and zombies lol.

No matter how childish or awkward the designs may appear, the designs may elicit a powerful response from certain audiences. Serves as a good laugh though for a trolling Pokemon forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)