I tried to make a team without standards...

I tried to make a team without the extremely overused standards...

...and I think I did alright. Here we go.

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit
- Ice Fang

Pursuit for stuff that runs, Ice Fang for Garchomp, and the other two for coverage. Adamant nature because the Choice Scarf lowers the value of his incredible speed.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Spd
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Outspeeds+OHKOs Garchomp after DD. 394 HP and 233 Def plus Intimidate
You may have noticed that my first two pokemon were both weak to electric. That makes it that much easier to bring in my next pokemon.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Trait: Hard Rock
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

416 Atk plus Swords Dance. Wow (Also has 401 HP)
But now I have 3 physical attackers and 2 sort of physical walls. Maybe some special would help...

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Softboiled

With some Calm Minds, even physical attackers will be afraid to come in. Bold over Calm since I have CM anyways, maybe?

Starmie @ Choice Glasses
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 80 HP / 176 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Grass Rope
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Spins for the 2 SR weaks and is a CGer. I really wish he could have T-bolt for Skarm and Gyra, but I think Grass Rope and Ice Beam cover pretty good.
Right now, I don't have a Dark resist. Maybe I should add one...

Lucario @ Leftovers
Trait: Humble Heart
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Vacuum Blade
- Dark Pulse
- Pulse Bomb
- HP: Flying

CBTar Crunch is a 5HKO at best, and this easily OHKOs Max HP+SD Tar with Pulse Bomb. I don't know about the last move. HP: Fly is for the Heracross switchin that resist the other moves.

Well, there it is. I used a more bulky than normal Gyarados and a CMBlissey. The rest are fairly uncommon pokemon. Rate/Fix/Comment

[I'll admit I kind of made this up as I go, as you could probably tell, but now I might have to use this in D/P. I like the look of this team :D ]

As for the strategy:
Aerodactyl, Gyarados, and Starmie help draw out things with electric moves. I switch to Rhyperior on an electric move, SD if the move was CG or CSed, and sweep from there.
Gyarados is my bulky water. Its real bulkiness is in intimidate. Therefore, it isn't as effective on Metagross and other Hyper Cutter/Clear Body pokemon. Starmie and Gyarados can take on the hyper cutter grounds, and Rhyperior can take on the hyper cutter bugs and most clear body users.
Starmie is a special attacker and clears stealth rock for Gyarados and Aerodactyl. Lucario is my much needed (4x) dark resist and Tar counter. It is almost guaranteed to force a switch to something that is immune or resistant to fighting, most likely a ghost. That is why he has Dark Pulse. The only things that resist both dark and fighting are Heracross and the poison/fighting frogs. Heracross is nailed with HP: Fly, which it probably wouldn't expect. Lucario also outspeeds Adamant Heracrosses.
Blissey is my special wall. It handles the special attacks that most other team mates can't take. It is a CMer, so even stat uppers (other than Schemers) will have a hard time with Blissey. Blissey also OHKOs Garchomp after a CM, and probably Gyarados as well, but Gyarados has so many different EV spreads.

As for what I want to add to the team, I really want Stealth Rock, as I feel this team will force a lot of switches.

I'm going to have to observe that every pokemon on your team would be considered a "standard"
okay, standard, but not extremely overused OMG standard. This is an OU team, but I'm not posting the team that everyone else uses but changes one move.

Yeah, dos is similar to most dos, but bulkier. Blissey's moveset, on the other hand, is completely different than the standard.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
And should also be considered as a very viable Gyarados counter, I might add. I'm really thinking about using CM Bliss over Soft/Toss/IB/Wave or Toss/Wish/Protect/IB if I'm not using it as a cleric, it seems very effective from the warstories Jibaku's posted.

Anyway don't use CG on a Rapid Spin Starmie, you'll get to spin once maybe twice before dying, especially without Wish support.

And just so you know you're probably never going to actually face a Garchomp with a DDed Gyarados, but the bulky sentiment is shared

Let's look at Bl pokemon to make your team fit your Theme.

Luna Jynx:

Substitute
Calm Mind
Lovely Kiss
Ice Beam

*Hiidoran walks all over this set, but with enough Calm Minds you can hit most pokemon pretty well.

I also like Scheme Houndoom- Scheme, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Hp Grass.

You could try W-o-W but let's save that for something that has more staying power.

Drifblim: Calm Mind, Baton Pass, Shadow Ball, Hypnosis. @ Salac berry.

Pinsir: Stone Edge, Earthquake, Scissor Cross, Infight. (A BL Heracross).

Kingdra: Dragon Dance, Water Fall, Meteoric Swarm, Return/Rain Dance/Ice Beam.

you pick some more Bl. Possibly Miltank to replace Blissey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)